General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2008, 03:28 PM

Default Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases

Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...422661,00.html

Quote:
Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.
The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.
Previously, the rulings of sharia courts in Britain could not be enforced, and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims.

Politicians and church leaders expressed concerns that this could mark the beginnings of a “parallel legal system” based on sharia for some British Muslims.

Dominic Grieve, the shadow home secretary, said: “If it is true that these tribunals are passing binding decisions in the areas of family and criminal law, I would like to know which courts are enforcing them because I would consider such action unlawful. British law is absolute and must remain so.”

This is a very sad for the nation of England and people of the west. I hate to see how far they have fallen as a nation. This is the beginning of the end for a once great nation. When you let the Islamic people come to your nation in the numbers that the nations of western European nations allow, what else can you expect but things like this to happen.

They were forewarned of letting immigration of non English peoples in the Rivers of Blood speech by Enoch Powell. I wonder how many of the Brits feel today about not taking heed to Enoch Powell and his warning

Here is the link for part one of the speech. There are six parts to speech, you should watch it all. The same holds true for our nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybb4oxL-9Ek

Atlas