Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM

Hi Chette,
In reply to post #73

[
Quote:
Acts 15 is the ordenances given by letter by Paul and Barnabas to the Gentiles. these things are restated Old Testament commandmets for today. No one but the Holy Ghost can inforce them upon us. that is something the Jerusalem council knew. that is why they worded it so.

I would submit as much a s possible to Acts 15. for example a dinner held in honor of a superstar Actor, or Politician, nobel prize winner could be considered meats offered to Idols today, strangled animals blood remains in the meat of them, fornication is obvious Paul tells Christians constantly to abstain from that. also here in the Philippines they eat a dish of cooked pork blood (nasty stuff).
No worries about me not trying to submit to:

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Acts 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

It is this very verse that first made me really doubt the Catholic Church. I have eaten that "nasty stuff" it is prevelant in Filopino homes here in the islands and I would asume wherever "Flips" live. I was 16 at the time and had been raised as a Catholic. I attended four years of Catholic school and was such a good Catholic: I attended Mass every school day and Sunday for years! When George wouldn't eat it, He told me why, I went and checked out those verses. I would not believe even after I read it for myself. The next time I went to eat it, I could not swallow it and it tasted awful. God convicted me and I have obeyed to this day. Also the part about idols and fornicatioin.

If one part of that scripture applies to us the other parts would too.

Thanks for replying to me Chette. I do hold beliefs that God has given me and I praise God that he keeps me in many ways.

In Christ Love,
Renee
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-19-2008, 07:07 PM

you know God is so awesome in what he shows us in scripture. many errors an George will agree are formed because men fail to rightly divide the word of truth. I liked his post here and brandons too. both of them did a great job in explaining things. my only hope is Stephanos was reading and learning.

I was kind of upset because Luke is asking for an explanation and Stephanos seemed to be promoting to him to stear clear of dispensationlism or rightly dividing. that was not the purpose of the post.

but people have their pet peeves.

God bless you regards to George

ps did you get my email?
Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 PM

Wow! Chette

Talk about instant messaging! Yes I received your email/missionary bulletin. Thank you. God is always fully faithful, even when we at times are not.

In Christ Love'
Renee
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM

Dinuguan, also called dinardaraan in Ilocano, or pork blood stew in English. It seems a lot of other cultures have something similar. Some form of meat cooked in it's own blood.

For the longest time I never realized what it was I just steered clear of it cause it smelled/looked gross. Of course once I realized what it was I was glad.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:01 AM

Romans 14:13-14 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Romans 14:15-16 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

1 Corinthians 8:13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

While I am persuaded I can eat "all" things, and while there is no "brother Jew" around, I don't want to be a stumbling block to a brother Baptist (who may not rightly divide the word of truth and follows the letter written to the Gentiles by the apostles to the Jew, Acts 15). For this reason, if dinuguan will "make my brother to offend", I do not eat and avoid eating it as a practice. (If someone wants to ask if my church members eat dinuguan, I would say that I didn't "see" them eat it; but I'm sure they love it!)
Old 06-20-2008, 02:25 PM
joshjefflawn

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Jeff..falwn,

yes bro I am a pre-millenial return of Christ beleiver, and pre-tribulational gathering of the Body of christ to Himself in heaven. also I beleive the KJV is without errors, whole and complete word of God preserved for English speaking people of the last days
Amen brother, it is nice to run into someone that believes similarly as I do. I hope to chat with you more in the future.
Well have a good one,
Josh.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:26 PM

Hi Bible student,

In reply to post 85.

I just thought this might add to my why I don't and why I won't; but if you like---

1 Corinthians 10:25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

1 Corinthians 10:27-28 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

I had an India Indian Doctor when I had Kidney surgey and He believed Christians weren't supposed to eat blood. There are some who will put it before you just to see what you will do. For conscience sake do as you will. When people have asked me about various things, I have told them: "If you can ask God to bless what you are eating and do it with a clear conscience, do as you will. It is between you and God." I do not judge men in these matters.

Guess you could say I'm passing the Buck!

And this is not up for discussion anymore. Start another thread if you want. (anybody)

Renee