Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:16 PM

Default Mervyn P. Wijesinha Book Online

Book title by the author above: "Are you reading the correct Bible or Counterfeit Scripture"

Found this book online here:

PDF version without title page:
http://www.pmcc.org.lk/sitemanager/b...rect_Bible.pdf

HTML Version:
http://www.pmcc.org.lk/sitemanager/books/11/

Anyone familiar with this man's work?

There appear to be other copies of his books at the same site:
http://www.pmcc.org.lk/sitemanager/books/

AMR

Last edited by Ask Mr. Religion; 06-24-2009 at 11:32 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 AM

I failed to mention that the book cited above is pro-AV.

AMR
Old 06-25-2009, 09:44 AM

Default Re: "Mervyn P. Wijesinha Book Online"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
I failed to mention that the book cited above is pro-AV.

AMR
Aloha brother AMR,

In regards to the "Mervyn P. Wijesinha Book online". Mervyn repeats much of what Edward Hills, Otis T. Fuller, Peter S. Ruckman, David Fountain, Gordon P. Gardiner, Donald T. Clarke, Bruce Cummins, Dick Cimino, Barry Burton, Perry F. Rockwood, Billy Bartlett, Larry Bartlett, Herbert Noe, William P. Grady, Thomas Holland, Floyd Nolan Jones, Lawrence M. Vance, Douglas T. Stauffer, Kent Brandenburg, Jack Moorman, Michael Maynard, John Hinton, Edward R. DeVries and many other, have already said. {I personally recommend "Forever Settled" by Dr. Jack Moorman as an excellent "first book", or introduction to the "Which Bible Issue".}

As a source of some information (free) on the "Which Bible" issue, I would rate "Mervyn P. Wijesinha Book online" to be "Fair" - however I could not recommend it because of a statement he makes in his "conclusion":
Quote:
"This apostasy according to the true word of God has to take place before the Tribulation. Chapters 1- 4 of the Book of Revelation deal with the church period. In chapter 4 the “Bride” of Christ- those believers who conform to the Philadelphia postulates- is raptured with the “come up hither” call and the rest in chapter 4 confirming it. The true word clearly depicts an apostasy as is proved by the facts before our very eyes. During the tribulation the vast majority of christians who have believed a lie must become tribulation martyrs- it does not portend an apostasy but the paying of the supreme price for not having a love for the truth- the vast number of souls of tribulation martyrs to be seen in chapters 6 & 7 confirms it. Reader you do not have to be a tribulation martyr!"
As much as I love and believe in the King James Bible - my belief in the King James Bible is NOT my "TICKET" to avoid the "Great Tribulation"! I am afraid that the statement: "those believers who conform to the Philadelphia postulates" - smacks of "WORKS", and there is NO "work" (in the flesh) that I can DO, that will insure that I will not go through the "Tribulation"!

My "Ticket" in to Heaven is the shed blood and sacrifice of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. There will be many genuine Christians in Heaven that have disagreed with me on the "Which Bible" Issue, who will, never-the-less be in Heaven because they believed the Gospel of the Grace of God and truly received the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

No Christian will have to go through the "Tribulation" to "PROVE" their love and devotion for the Truth; for no matter what we do in the flesh - we can NOT please God:

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

IF the Spirit of God dwells within a person, that person is "saved" (born again) and they will NOT have to go through the "Tribulation" - regardless of their "stand" on the King James Bible:

"For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ," [1 Thessalonians 5:9].
Quote:
Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Revelation 14:19
And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Revelation 15:1
And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Revelation 15:7
And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Revelation 16:1
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God
upon the earth.
It's all very simple really:

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

My "Justification" is NOT based on my love of the King James Bible. My "Justification" (with God) is based in the "ATONEMENT", i.e. in the Lord Jesus Christ's work on Calvary - NOT in my "stand" on the King James Bible.

I do not think of myself as any "better" than any other Christian, simply because they do NOT believe what I believe about the King James Bible. Those of us who believe the King James to be God's Holy word: perfect, infallible, inspired and without error - better be real "careful" with "Religious Pride". I know some "professed" KJVO "Christians" that I avoid like the plague because of their Pharisaical attitude and intolerant conduct!

I may "contend vigorously" for the King James Bible, and admonish, reprove, and sometimes even rebuke the "critics" of the King James Bible, but I am in no position to "JUDGE", as to whether they are "saved" or as to whether they are going to go through the "Tribulation" - because they REJECT the King James Bible as their FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice!

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 AM

Default Link for short Biography

A short biography of Dr. Mervyn Wijesinha can be found at the same site, at:

http://www.pmcc.org.lk/aboutus.php

Doug A.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
My "Ticket" in to Heaven is the shed blood and sacrifice of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. There will be many genuine Christians in Heaven that have disagreed with me on the "Which Bible" Issue, who will, never-the-less be in Heaven because they believed the Gospel of the Grace of God and truly received the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour.
Well said, Brother George!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:56 PM

Amen a thousand times, brother George. Obtaining eternal life is a heart issue that has no strings attached. Later, comes the knowledge part.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:02 PM

I even believe FSSL (Barry) is saved. Totally mixed up, and completely confused, but saved. ( Love ya, Barry )
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
Book title by the author above: "Are you reading the correct Bible or Counterfeit Scripture"

Found this book online here:

PDF version without title page:
http://www.pmcc.org.lk/sitemanager/b...rect_Bible.pdf

HTML Version:
http://www.pmcc.org.lk/sitemanager/books/11/

Anyone familiar with this man's work?

There appear to be other copies of his books at the same site:
http://www.pmcc.org.lk/sitemanager/books/

AMR
Thanks Mr. R, I dont believe I am familiar with this man, I noticed little things like "mould"(mold); he must be British. I downloaded it and wil give it a read.

Grace and peace brother

Tony