General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post

I used to live about 1 hour from a farm in Rubicon, WI, where I regularly drove to get raw milk and organic veggies and fruits! Now I live about 1 hour and 45 minutes from there... so I don't get there as often. Occasionally, some friends of mine will pick up raw milk for me. I've been drinking raw milk for over 4 years now and I LOVE it!!

Jassy
Jassy, you could get in trouble buying raw milk here in Ontario! A man was charged for selling it because of the so-called health concerns. His equipment was confiscated and he had to go to court. He even sold shares of the cow those who owned it could get free milk (paying for the cow rather than the milk). I believe he went on a hunger strike to prove his point.

I didn't read this article, I just watched it in the news.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...r-support.html
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM

It IS illegal in most states to sell raw milk...because the USDA is SOOOO concerned about health!!! Here's the clincher - it is NOT illegal (most places) to GIVE it away, just to SELL it! That would, of course, make any THINKING person question the motives of the lawmakers, but, no, passive Americans just blindly trust...I should hush; obviously, this is a sore subject for me!!!

And maybe I'm biased, but I think a well-managed farm smells GOOD!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custer View Post
It IS illegal in most states to sell raw milk...because the USDA is SOOOO concerned about health!!! Here's the clincher - it is NOT illegal (most places) to GIVE it away, just to SELL it! That would, of course, make any THINKING person question the motives of the lawmakers, but, no, passive Americans just blindly trust...I should hush; obviously, this is a sore subject for me!!!

I agree with you. And the raw milk issue is just the tip of the iceberg. Things are getting scary. Time for family vegetable gardens and dragging out those canning jars.

http://www.groundreport.com/Arts_and...all-Farmers_52

Quote:
The first, HR 875 or The Food Safety Modernization Act, is an attempt by Congress to appoint an agri-business connected "Food Czar" over the enforcement of regulatory standards mainly directed toward America's small business farmers, placing complicated governmental hoops for small farmers to jump through that in its provisions basically strips them of their rights to farm their own land.

The penalties for non-compliance of this Food Safety Czar's edicts or any of the provisions of this Act can result in forfeiture of their lands and property.

One provision of this Act, the National Animal ID System, requires small farmers to immediately tag and identify all animals born on their farms with expensive identifying equipment within a mere 48 hours of birth. The penalty for non-compliance is a fine in the amount of $500,000, ten years imprisonment and/or forfeiture of their property.

Another provision requires small farmers to create easements on their lands for warrantless governmental inspection and entry at will. It would also eliminate allowance of "seed banking" by small farmers for future crops.

This bill was introduced by Rosa Deloro whose husband has Monsanto as a client, and who herself has received over $180,000 in agri-business donations. It is a blatant attempt by the large agri-businesses and Congress to seize control of our food supply, and force us to consume their products rather than those of less expensive and locally grown produce from small area farmers.

Michael Taylor, a former Monsanto employee, is lobbying now for a position in the Obama Administration as the Food Safety Czar in furtherance of the large agri-business communities agendas of total control of our food production and delivery.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Well, I am new here, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined a few days ago and have been enjoying looking around the site; I love how (for the most part) reading the posts keeps one thinking about spiritual things.

I got saved in 1980, when I was ten years old; doctrinally, I am an Independent Baptist...practically, I am terribly disappointed with the lack of separation standards of most Baptists I know of. I was raised in a DEAD church and didn't really come alive and start growing until my husband and I moved to Pensacola in 1990 and started going to Dr. Ruckman's church. For the first time, we saw people that were GLAD they were saved and wanted to do something for the Lord; we also learned (surprise) that we should be reading and studying our Bibles!
Always glad to see another believer who has been blessed by Bro. Ruckman's ministry, welcome...
Old 05-29-2009, 08:00 PM

Hi Pam, and welcome to the forums.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
Welcome to the forum sister! Thank you for your testimony. It's sad that so many Churches out there are dead. It saddens me to say that my Church is sort of dying (it's on life line). I guess I'll do what you did and pay Dr. Ruckman’s Church a visit someday. Anyway, you got a beautiful family and a life many of us would like to have. I also saw the photos with the farm and they look pretty nice (with the animals). I hope you'll enjoy this wonderful forum like I have. Again, welcome.

God Bless

I would love to go to Dr. Ruckman's church. Maybe for a road trip, someday.
{{sigh!}}
Old 05-30-2009, 01:49 PM

God bless you sister Pam and greetings from the Philippines.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie ha-lakh View Post
Jassy, you could get in trouble buying raw milk here in Ontario! A man was charged for selling it because of the so-called health concerns. His equipment was confiscated and he had to go to court. He even sold shares of the cow those who owned it could get free milk (paying for the cow rather than the milk). I believe he went on a hunger strike to prove his point.

I didn't read this article, I just watched it in the news.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...r-support.html
Hi Katie,

Yes, unfortunately I know it's illegal in many places. Here in Wisconsin, they allow it if you supposedly "own a share" in a cow. It's ridiculous! In all the years that they have been farming and selling raw milk, there has NEVER been even one single incident of any illnesses from it. They are a wonderful family of Christians with 8 homeschooled children. Such a blessing to know them!!

Jassy
Old 05-31-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Sister Pam,

I'm going to be a customer soon! Those raw milk soaps and the lip balms are looking very good to me! I treasure handmade items! A friend of mine used to make coconut oil soaps and the smell was so delightful! She put in a little oatmeal to act as a mild abrasive for dead skin cell removal to smooth the skin and hydrate it better. I will be telling my friends about your website also and you just may get some more customers!

Sorry sister - I was just teasing about the farm smell! It has never bothered me at all. I love the fresh air and farming is so good for the health. With the start of huge conglomerate farms and processing of everything, and governmental control, it's been so sad to see many family farms not able to compete - especially those animal tagging issues and the need to "certify" farms.

I am sure that the Lord is protecting many good Christian family farms! The farm I go to has 8 children - all of them homeschooled, some of them now adults. One has married.

God bless you and your family, sister.

Jassy
Old 06-01-2009, 12:38 AM

Hi there sis Iam a farmer too (I don't milk cows now though)
It was the best place to raise a family here in NZ.

I enjoyed browsing your web site and think you have a wonderful family.

I hope you settle in well here.

Mrs Hayseed