Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace to me View Post

show me some scriptures please not just the teaching of men ,

jim
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God" (Matthew 22:29).

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me" (John 5:39).

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-30-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
He didn't post a single objection. He posted Holy Scripture.

If the scriptures object to your philosophy, get a new one.

It's this kind of mentality that shows the Calvinists for how they really think. They can't accept scripture without running it through the TULIP filter.

Amen brother!

How can "GTM" object to the Holy Scriptures? Brother Forest (unlike yours truly - the old curmudgeon) didn't post a single objection - Does "GTM" object to Scripture?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:12 PM

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. John 12:32

Why Oh why do people wish to make Salvation so hard, is it because they believe they are better than other believers? Is it because it makes them sick to see a lost sheep not walking the straight path?
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
To make salvation such a difficult exercise is a stumbling block to babes in Christ, I would rather put faith in what was taught for 1500 years before some "man" came along and decided he wanted to be special, a class apart from other believers.

1st Timothy 4:9,10
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life
Titus 2 6:11
6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 08-30-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:57 AM

Amen POTW,

1Tim4:9,10 is excellent verse specially to those who beleive in Jesus dies for all men.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:05 AM
the_archangel007

Default Eternal Life is a Free Gift...

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Luke 19:10

For the Son of man IS come to seek and to save that which was lost.