Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:40 PM

Bob Dyan was one of my favorites growing up in the 70' yet I am not sure he is realy saved at best it is just a profession. by the way Bob Dylan is not even his real name his real name is Robert Allen Zimmerman. he is a Jew beleive it or not. he never gives glory to Jesus once that I ever heard of. and here is some highlights he has been maried twice the last divorce in 1992, he was controversal when he revealed his conversion from Judaism to Christianity in three albums. Introduced the Beatles to marijuana after his conversion. not much of a Christian testimony now is there.

Worshipis one thing and entertainment is another as I stated before. my post was more against the worship using worldly means and methods. even Stephenos used the words worship with miinus one Reggae or as he called it DUB reggae.

When our minds have been made perfect along with our bodies and we stand before God we will know how to worship him correctly. until then we need to keep it simple, pure and holy. living in a fear of God more than a looseness that has penitrated many Christian organizations.

Salvation and differnt Bible version. go back through and read the way the NIV and KJV present the gospels and you will see there is a difference.

there is a group here using the NIV English and it's Tagalog versions. the people have been taught a works based Salvation. they were brarfing devils into bags over the last few weeks. Their Regggae, Rock nad Jazz worship time went on for two hours before and 30 minutes after their 15 minutes preaching of the word.

so are these peopel really saved by the same Gospel. things that are different are not the same. Different Bibles version will promote different Gospels.

these people say they love Jesus but they are in disobedience to God word. and while being disobedient week in and week out (some for years) they continue to have great spiritual experiences with what they believe to be Jesus and the Holy Ghost caused by the most part these long loud(9db) musical worship services.

I would rather you fill your hours with Christian lyrics or entertainment than to the lyrics of the world. but leave it to entertainment which is hollywoods profession. when it comes to worship we need to understand we worship a Awsome powerful almighty God and a little respectful fear in holiness is something we should always show when in worship. and that worship needs to be focused on what Christ has done. Not on what i have done, or how I am feeling should be done, or what I am doing at the moment.

By the way I wanted to put together a CD compilation of 101 ways to sing Amazing grace. I have heard t sang many different ways. i have heard the traditional classical style, to Giligans Island theme song, to Raw Hide, to two or three rock renditions both soft and hard Rock, a reggae version, a jazz rendition, a black Gospel rendition.

I am sure someone will come up with a Tecno version and a Rhythym and Blues version and most likely Grunge rock and a Goth version will pop up to.

I am sure you can find it done in tribal music because some missionary used wha they had. I bet you could find it in Carabean and Calypsso style too.

But these are inventions of men, that please mens senses. it may not necesarily please God's Senses.

Last edited by chette777; 08-18-2008 at 07:03 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Scott Simons

COOL
Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 PM

Here is a little more of Dylan's Gospel. You will notice like a good Roman Catholic he has Mary as a prophet along with the the gospel writers. and you see he has the Lord holding on to the plow. his music reveals his theology now doesn't it.

as a side note I also heard Amazing Grace to Dylans song "House of the rising Sun".

THE GOSPEL PLOW

Mary wore three links of chain
Every link was Jesus name
Keep your hand on that plow, hold on
Oh Lord, Oh Lord, keep your hand on that plow, hold on.

Mary, Mark, Luke and John
All these prophets so good and gone

Well, I never been to heaven
But I've been told streets up there
Are lined with gold

songs like this one and "I believe in you" which were on his Gospel Tour albums 79-82. never speak of the Gospel nor have I ever heard him sing a Gospel Song. look at the lyrics to his songs and you will see no trace of man who has been transformed by the renwing of his mind by the word of God. or of a true Gospel song. so what Gospel are the ones you quoted saying he was the greatest Gospel singer of? when he never sang a real gospel song in his public life.

www.bobdylan.com/#/songs

Last edited by chette777; 08-18-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Bob Dyan was one of my favorites growing up in the 70' yet I am not sure he is realy saved at best it is just a profession. by the way Bob Dylan is not even his real name his real name is Robert Allen Zimmerman. he is a Jew beleive it or not. he never gives glory to Jesus once that I ever heard of. and here is some highlights he has been maried twice the last divorce in 1992, he was controversal when he revealed his conversion from Judaism to Christianity in three albums. Introduced the Beatles to marijuana after his conversion. not much of a Christian testimony now is there.

Worshipis one thing and entertainment is another as I stated before. I post was more against the worship using worldly means and methods. even Stephenos used the words worship with miinus one Reggae or as he called it DUB reggae.

When our minds have been made perfect along with our bodies and we stand before God we will know how to worship him correctly. untilthen we need to keepit simple, pure and holy. living in a fear of God more than a looseness that has penitrated manyChristian organizations.

Salvation and differnt Bible version. go back through and read the wayt he NIV and KJV present the gospels and you will see there is a difference.

there is a group here using the NIV English and it's Tagalog versions. the people have been taught a works based Salvation. they were brafing devils into bags over the last few weeks. Their Regggae, Rock nad Jazz worship time went on for two hours before and 30 minutes after their 15 minutes preaching of the word.

so are these peopel really saved by the same Gospel. things that are different are not the same. Different Bibles version will promote different Gospels.

these people say they love Jesus but they are in disobedience to God word. and while being disobedient week in and week out (some for years) they continue to have great spiritual experiences with what they believe to be Jesus and the Holy Ghost caused by the most part these long musical worship services.

I would rather you fill your hours with Christian lyrics or entertainment than to the lyrics of the world. but leave it to entertainment which is hollywoods profession. when it comes to worship we need to understand we worship a Awsome powerful almighty God and a little respectful fear in holiness is something we should always show when in worship. and that worship needs to be focused on what Christ has done. Not on what i have done, or how I am feeling should be done, or what I am doing at the moment.

By the way I wanted to put together a CD compilation of 101 ways to sing Amazing grace. I have heard t sang many different ways. i have heard the traditional classical style, to Giligans Island theme song, to Raw Hide, to two or three rock renditions both soft and hard Rock, a reggae version, a jazz rendition, a black Gospel rendition.

I am sure someone will come up with a Tecno version and a Rhythym and Blues version and most likely Grunge rock and a Goth version will pop up to.

I am sure you can find it done in tribal music because some missionary used wha they had. I bet you could find it in Carabean and Calypsso style too.

But these are inventions of men, that please mens senses. it may not necesarily please God's Senses.
Language is an invention of men, not to mention every single instrument of music on earth (unless perhaps we were given them by angels). I think one could say that every form of worship that has come forth from the hands and mouths of men is an invention of men. But do these facts make these things unpleasant before God? Is not our God the God that searches the heart? If my gospel reggae edifies me and brings me closer to God, then how possible can you judge this? I've said many times, the fruit reveals the root. I've heard of so called Christian Metal concerts where the kids get violent and do terrible things, thus one could say the fruit reveals a rotten root. However, when I sing unto my God to a reggae dub track and I have an intimate moment in the knowledge and joy of Jesus Christ, then one could say that the fruit in this case reveals a good root. I don't smoke ganja, nor do I promote or condone it. I don't practice paganism or sorcery of any kind (I do take ibuprofen all the time though), nor does the music I listen to make me want to do those things. My music cultivates a positive attitude about living in Christ, and an attitude where I want to share the light that I have in Christ Jesus with others. So anywho, I'm not trying to defend what I'm doing, just explaining to those that might be lurking and reading this, that they should put more trust in the Word of God, and not in the traditions of men.

I also agree that there should be a difference between our worship of God, and the music that we enjoy throughout the week (although we certainly can enjoy worship music throughout the week as well). The Mennonite I fellowship with are very much so against listening to anything but acapella worship music. I respect them in this, but what I respect most of all is that at least most of them agree that it doesn't have to be this way, but rather it just is this way with them, since they feel safe with these boundaries.

Oh and one last thing, the Scriptures talk of the two fold purpose of spiritual music.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Our worship is for us, and to glorify God. These two things in this case are directly related. As we learn of God and His ways through our psalms, hymns, and songs, we become closer to Him, and this in turn brings glory to Him by the lives we live in this knowledge and wisdom and the outpouring of righteous works we do as a result. I also believe that it simply pleases Him to hear us worship Him for the simply beauty that is found in His absolute righteousness, and His most undeserved mercy.

Anywho, that's all I got (lol).

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 08-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Colossians has noting to do with worship as it does with our ministry in your hearts to God and towards one another n teaching and admonishing. spiritual melody in your hearts is not something anyone else can hear.

I did not say you could not entertain yourselves. as I said I would rather you entertain yourselves with Christian Lyrics. but worship is something totally different.

worship is not for us. it is purely something that belongs to God only. when you make worship something that pleases you you have perverted it to self worship becuse you are the one receiving benefit so God get nothig from it. for he will share his glory with no one. When the Israelites worshipped God they were on the faces in their own tents while Moses went into the tabernacle. secondly, only an appointed groups were to sing and play instruments and at certain times. it was DAvid who changed it and modified it. and go back a few posts and you will see where I showed God was not happy with Israels worship because they were disobedient to God Word and comandments. Israel had a real respect and fear of God thatis missing today becuaseof spiriutal pride

now we can't take that and apply it leterally to us today because it would have to be verifies in the NT by the Apostle to the Gentiles, of which Pauls gives no instructins on worship. he does give us lots of instruction in righteousness. Collossians and Ephesian cross reference have nothing to do with worship to make it say so is wrestling the scriptures to your own hurt.

On there faces shows the kind of respect and fear that many do not have today. but what we have in our worship is what has been handed down. but only recently has it became mundain and boring to the newbees, so these ones who are in diobedience to the word are the ones who want to change worship to meet their fancy and feelings.

As I said sing all you want. but do you realy want to be using musical styles that were used in worshiping the enemy of the cross? and at the same time when others hear you and are stumbled or weakened by your liberty is that what you want? though you may not personally promote drug use and sexual immorality but the music you listen to does just that. eventhough your person lyrics do not. The beat goes on.

You judge yourself. we are merely admonishing you and others to beware on how you WORSHIP the Lord. as the Lord said don't do the things (including how they worshipped their gods)of the nations he saved you from reread the previous posts and get the application form Leviticus.

most of the people who promote all sorts of music as worship are generally rebelleous musicians who are already confromed to the world and they dont want to be transformed by the renewing of their minds by the word of God. I and others we are aware and deeply concerned about the trend to use these forms of music for worshipping God in a way that he never prescribes for us to do so. silent areas in scripture can be the most dangerous.

Last edited by chette777; 08-18-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 AM

Ecclesiastes 7:5
It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

In my Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Language is an invention of men...
Language is from God, not men. It's God who created Adam and communicated with him, and who changed mens tongues at Babel.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Language is from God, not men. It's God who created Adam and communicated with him, and who changed mens tongues at Babel.
Book, chapter and verse?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Colossians has noting to do with worship as it does with our ministry in your hearts to God and towards one another n teaching and admonishing. spiritual melody in your hearts is not something anyone else can hear.

I did not say you could not entertain yourselves. as I said I would rather you entertain yourselves with Christian Lyrics. but worship is something totally different.

worship is not for us. it is purely something that belongs to God only. when you make worship something that pleases you you have perverted it to self worship becuse you are the one receiving benefit so God get nothig from it. for he will share his glory with no one. When the Israelites worshipped God they were on the faces in their own tents while Moses went into the tabernacle. secondly, only an appointed groups were to sing and play instruments and at certain times. it was DAvid who changed it and modified it. and go back a few posts and you will see where I showed God was not happy with Israels worship because they were disobedient to God Word and comandments. Israel had a real respect and fear of God thatis missing today becuaseof spiriutal pride

now we can't take that and apply it leterally to us today because it would have to be verifies in the NT by the Apostle to the Gentiles, of which Pauls gives no instructins on worship. he does give us lots of instruction in righteousness. Collossians and Ephesian cross reference have nothing to do with worship to make it say so is wrestling the scriptures to your own hurt.

On there faces shows the kind of respect and fear that many do not have today. but what we have in our worship is what has been handed down. but only recently has it became mundain and boring to the newbees, so these ones who are in diobedience to the word are the ones who want to change worship to meet their fancy and feelings.

As I said sing all you want. but do you realy want to be using musical styles that were used in worshiping the enemy of the cross? and at the same time when others hear you and are stumbled or weakened by your liberty is that what you want? though you may not personally promote drug use and sexual immorality but the music you listen to does just that. eventhough your person lyrics do not. The beat goes on.

You judge yourself. we are merely admonishing you and others to beware on how you WORSHIP the Lord. as the Lord said don't do the things (including how they worshipped their gods)of the nations he saved you from reread the previous posts and get the application form Leviticus.

most of the people who promote all sorts of music as worship are generally rebelleous musicians who are already confromed to the world and they dont want to be transformed by the renewing of their minds by the word of God. I and others we are aware and deeply concerned about the trend to use these forms of music for worshipping God in a way that he never prescribes for us to do so. silent areas in scripture can be the most dangerous.
Chette, I do agree with you in general with this reply. I do believe that the worship that takes place in the congregation of the Lord's body should be solely for the glory of God. I also agree in that it should be distinct from the music of the day (this still doesn't get around the fact that even the hymns we sing were modern at one point). I personally love keeping the worship in the Church acapella, without any choirs of any sort (since this trend seems to me more for the people listening than for God). If one looks into Church history, there is no doubt that this was how it was done in the early church.

Concerning my personal worship, I don't have any qualms glorifying God to a reggae beat; none what so ever. I would be worried if I knew I offended one of the brethren by my choices, but I haven't ever experienced this in any effect, and I've been listening to reggae for a while now. I am concerned when people don't realize that the music I listen to is Christian. I don't want to confuse people by what I listen to. So far I have a good gauge, my boss. He will not listen to anything with Christian lyrics and as it stands I never get to pick the music we listen to, lol.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
browilder61

peopleoftheway, thanks for that man, you said exactly how R&B left me feeling before I was convicted and decided to put it down. I used to be a huge Earth Wind and Fire fan. Like you stated about how the beats and rhythms put you in a state similar to being high, and their music among others, do that very well. The bad line of music goes all the way to Exodus 32, its connected with idolatry (Dan 3:5).