Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 PM

It sure helps to READ the Bible verse in question before starting with the questions.

Luke and Biblestudent, you guys got it, and it really isn't that hard to get, is it?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
gophgetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Far out gophgetter. If there is a false prophet in the midst, it is you. I'm not a sissy, so I'll come right out and say it.

If we deny him, he will also deny us. Deny him what? Deny us what?

Suffering and Reigning is the context.

If we do not suffer for him, he will deny us reigning with him. The only time any Christian reigns is during the millennium. 2 Timothy 2:15 - Read it and Eat it.

In Grace
Luke
Greetings Luke,

I can see I have made an enemy without even trying. How can I be a false prophet when all I have done is ask some questions. To be a prophet means to prophesy or preach. Show me where I have been doing this.

Peace
Old 08-17-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophgetter View Post
Greetings Luke,

I can see I have made an enemy without even trying. How can I be a false prophet when all I have done is ask some questions. To be a prophet means to prophesy or preach. Show me where I have been doing this.

Peace
Man, I'm sorry gophgetter. Some of these folks have forgotten their place. I think some of them have altogether forgotten to read 1 John (really the whole thing). Of all the Christian forums online, this is the one that lacks love more than any of the others i've been to. I only remain here because there are a few smart, and yet humble, brothers who defend the KJB, and occassionally speak on here, and answer questions etc.

Just remember that when dealing with a lot of these baptist types, you have to just be ready for them to go on the offensive about every itsy bitsy little thing they don't agree with (... because thou hast left thy first love?), and cherish the few humble and God fearing among them. I think that a lot of them are so used to being attacked for their stance for the KJB that they remain in that offensive and defensive position towards those that aren't here to attack our cherished Bible. This is just my guess of course.

Anywho, know that you are loved brother. Make yourself at home.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 AM

Gophgetter, you called us all false prophets in a subtil way. Don't go out and feign innocence, when you know full well that you said those that teach eternal security are false prophets.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
It sure helps to READ the Bible verse in question before starting with the questions.

Luke and Biblestudent, you guys got it, and it really isn't that hard to get, is it?
That's right, pbiwolski! Blessed is he that READETH.

Stephanos, does John the Baptist have charity in his preaching? What do you think?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
That's right, pbiwolski! Blessed is he that READETH.

Stephanos, does John the Baptist have charity in his preaching? What do you think?
I understand what you're trying to get at biblestudent. However I'd just like to point out to you that none of you are John the Baptist, and also that there is a season for all things. There is a season for compassion, and a season to save with fear. With wisdom one will know when to use either or.

Stephen

1 John 2:9-11 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

John 17:20-23 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Of all the Christian forums online, this is the one that lacks love more than any of the others i've been to. I only remain here because there are a few smart, and yet humble, brothers who defend the KJB, and occassionally speak on here, and answer questions etc.
Just remember that when dealing with a lot of these baptist types, you have to just be ready for them to go on the offensive about every itsy bitsy little thing they don't agree with (... because thou hast left thy first love?), and cherish the few humble and God fearing among them.
I asked if you think John the Baptist has charity. Your right in saying a "lot of these baptist types" lacks love, but many of the "lovely types" I know were the Roman Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, etc. etc. I wonder why you're singling out the baptists. (By the way, John the Baptist is the only Baptist in the Bible, and he's not a Baptist like me -- saved by grace.)
Old 08-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I asked if you think John the Baptist has charity. Your right in saying a "lot of these baptist types" lacks love, but many of the "lovely types" I know were the Roman Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, etc. etc. I wonder why you're singling out the baptists. (By the way, John the Baptist is the only Baptist in the Bible, and he's not a Baptist like me -- saved by grace.)
I hate to break it to you biblestudent. John the Baptist is in heaven right now because of his faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is always by grace, and obedience is our response, whether it was obedience to Torah in the days of the old covenant, or obedience to the commandments given us in the new. There is only one doorway into heaven, that is the person of Jesus Christ.

I think that John had charity, since he loved people enough to tell them the truth. But you want me to think (i'm assuming here) that a lot of the folks I've encountered with this rebuke/admonish mentality are all doing so out of love, which is not true. It takes a wise man to know when to rebuke/admonish and when to use compassion to speak the truth.

You want to know why I singled out baptists, well I think perhaps I misrepresented what I meant. I attend an independant fundamentalist baptist church, and I love these people. It wasn't my intention to grossly generalize, and perhaps I did. If that is the case, then please accept my apology. I truly love the fundamentalist baptists, but the fact of the matter remains, I have been openly attacked (90% of the time by by dispensationalists) by these folks more often than not.. I think this is inapropriate behavior on their part. I've tried really hard to just let their comments pass me by (to turn the other cheek so to speak), but there are those that make this really difficult. I think I would be more open to their teachings if their (this isn't to say all) words and lifestyles were more in line with the teachings of the Lord they profess to serve.

So to finish this off, let me just say that I also agree with you in your observation of Papists, Mormons, and JW's (although not so much with these folks). However, if we fundamentalist independant baptists could somehow find the balance necessary to stand unwaveringly for sound doctrine, while also being a light of love, compassion, peace, and good stewardship, then I believe that more liberals, and non believers would be more inclined to hear what we have to say. I'm not professing that we should be like them in conversation, but that we should reach out to them in <b>love</b>. Knowing how desperate their condition is, and how unlikely they are to hear us if we are constantly pointing the finger. Again, this is also where wisdom is important, in that there are those that simply need a verbal thumping to the head, and then there are those that just need someone to let them know that they are significant in God's eyes, and that they truly are loved.

Anywho, thanks for your time biblestudent.

Stephen
Old 08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
gophgetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Gophgetter, you called us all false prophets in a subtil way. Don't go out and feign innocence, when you know full well that you said those that teach eternal security are false prophets.
Like I said brother, show me where I have been doing this. I'm waiting.

Peace
Old 08-18-2008, 12:26 AM

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403