Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
How about what happened at the death of our Lord Jesus Christ?

BODY - Luke 23:52-53 This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.

SOUL - Acts 2:25-27 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. (see Eph. 4 - Christ descended)

SPIRIT - Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Did you notice what David said about the body of Jesus as quoted by Peter in Acts 2? "Moreover my flesh shall rest in hope"!!! The body was resting...asleep! The Bible refers to the body (not soul) as being asleep and waiting for its redemption.

Matt. 27:52
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
pbiwolski,
I never understood this before. Thank you.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 PM

Default appreciate the study

pbiwolski, I appreciated the study also! I learned quite a bit from it and it opened up my understanding to a deeper level.

Great topic brother PaulB!

Jassy
Old 08-02-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
First, a big problem that I've seen with defending the truth about this issue is that so many (of us) misquote (continuously) their "pet verse" for their defense. Then they (rightly) accuse the cult of the same practice, but they themselves (many on this forum) have been guilty.

Watch closely. Here's everyone's "pull out the sword and slay'em" verses.
A very excellent read...indeed, pbiwolski!

Speaking of JW's...I had a couple knock on my door a few days ago...although we never got as far as soul sleep, Jesus Christ, The ALMIGHTY GOD and Everlasting Father was the topic...unfortunately, they couldn't stick around long...the King James Bible was putting them in a very awkward position...though, I was very kind to them.

I actually think the girl might have been convicted {by the Holy Ghost} of the JW's error...I told her to get a KJB and find the REAL Jesus Christ...pray for her.