Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM

Luke

I want you to think about this carefully.

Your fear and anguish is a sign of your great faith.

Psa 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.

Luke, you fear God because you believe His Word. You believe there is a Holy God who will judge sinners. You believe that the unsaved will be cast in Hell. It is your great belief and faith in God's Word that causes you to fear.

Luke, unbelievers do not fear God.

Jer 44:10 They are not humbled even unto this day, neither have they feared, nor walked in my law, nor in my statutes, that I set before you and before your fathers.

Luke, it is men that makes salvation seemed complicated and difficult. Listen to the Bible not men. Jesus said you must simply ask.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Luke, I think your fear and anguish is evidence of great faith, not weak. But if you are uncertain, pray now and simply ask Jesus to forgive your sins and give you eternal life. Asking is not a work. Jesus would not tell you to ask and then condemn you for asking. Take Jesus at his word and quit worrying about what men say.

Edit- You know, I get a little tired of people who say that simply confessing to Jesus that you are a sinner and asking him to save you is "easy believeism"

If it is so easy, then why cannot they believe it?

I thank God I got saved as a boy before all the psuedo-scholars and lordship salvation folks got ahold of me. I didn't know much as an 11 year old, but I knew I was a sinner, and I believed that Jesus would save me if I prayed and asked him to.

Matt 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Little children do not have all this junk bouncing around in their heads, they simply believe what God says.

Last edited by Winman; 05-09-2009 at 06:43 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-09-2009, 07:08 PM

And to add one more thing. Not everybody who gets saved shows fruit.

Luke 17:12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: 13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. 14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. 15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

First of all, disease and sickness is representative of sin. Just as the blind, and the lame, the deaf and dumb, and lepers could not cure themselves of their diseases, a man cannot cure himself of sin either. Jesus is the Great Physician who can cure us of our sin disease.

Imagine Jesus telling a blind person, "Start seeing and I will heal your blindness" Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Well, it is the same with sin. We cannot stop sinning, we are sinners, that is what sinners do. No, it is Jesus who heals us from sin so that we might live for him.

But how many lepers did Jesus heal here?

Jesus healed all ten, but only one came back to praise him and worship him. But the other nine were just as cleansed as this one. And that is how it is. You know, I have seen little children come to church a few times, but believe on Jesus and receive him as Saviour. Then, for different reasons they quit coming, sometimes falling into great sin years later. But many do come back when they are older like the prodigal son. They were saved, even if it may not have appeared so, just as nine out of these ten lepers went on their way, and only one turned back to worship Jesus at the time.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
tandy1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
And to add one more thing. Not everybody who gets saved shows fruit. The fact that Luke has a desire to do what's right is proof that God has done a work in his heart. The Pharisees were religious just like a lot of lost church members but their hearts were not right with God. Don't try to convince a reprobate or someone in open sin that they are saved (they may be) but encourage them to examine themselves just like Paul did.

Luke 17:12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: 13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. 14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. 15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

One third of all the miracles recorded in the Bible make absolutely no reference to faith at all on the part of the one being healed or relieved of his misery. Only one leper was made whole; the other nine were cleansed outwardly, but the grateful Samaritan was healed inwardly as well.

First of all, disease and sickness is representative of sin. Just as the blind, and the lame, the deaf and dumb, and lepers could not cure themselves of their diseases, a man cannot cure himself of sin either. Jesus is the Great Physician who can cure us of our sin disease.

Imagine Jesus telling a blind person, "Start seeing and I will heal your blindness" Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Well, it is the same with sin. We cannot stop sinning, we are sinners, that is what sinners do. No, it is Jesus who heals us from sin so that we might live for him.

But how many lepers did Jesus heal here?

Jesus healed all ten, but only one came back to praise him and worship him. But the other nine were just as cleansed as this one. And that is how it is. You know, I have seen little children come to church a few times, but believe on Jesus and receive him as Saviour. Then, for different reasons they quit coming, sometimes falling into great sin years later. But many do come back when they are older like the prodigal son. They were saved, even if it may not have appeared so, just as nine out of these ten lepers went on their way, and only one turned back to worship Jesus at the time.
As I said the fact that Luke has a desire to live right indicates he is not a reprobate! That doesn't alter the fact that there are reprobates and lost church members.

Last edited by tandy1650; 05-09-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:22 PM

Tandy, sorry I spoke to you harshly to start off with...

What is your definition of a reprobate?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:45 PM
tandy1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Tandy, sorry I spoke to you harshly to start off with...

What is your definition of a reprobate?
Brother I am not perfect and if I have said anything in an unkind way I'm sorry. As far as what a reprobate is I believe Dr. Henry Morris has an excellent note on it in 2 Corinthians 13:5.

13:5 Examine yourselves. Paul here reminds the Corinthians—and us—that it is quite possible for a man or woman to profess Christ and salvation, yet still be unsaved. They may even deceive themselves into thinking that such a profession has saved them. Therefore, we need to examine ourselves, to prove ourselves. The sure proof is the realization that Christ is indwelling us, by the Holy Spirit, resulting in godly lives and glad acceptance of all the revealed Word of God, as inspired by the same Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 13:5

13:5 reprobates. A “reprobate” is one who has been subjected to a proof test, and has failed. It does behoove anyone who is doubting and disobeying God’s Word to carefully examine the reality of His professed conversion to Christ. Every professing Christian needs to “give diligence to make your calling and election sure” (II Peter 1:10).

May God bless you. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Tandy,

When I was saved, it was also by Jack Chick's tract "This was your life". I've never responded to an altar call for salvation. You'll notice if you read the thread that I was in disagreement with the OP about Jack Chick teaching lordship salvation.

Having said that though, despite being convicted of sin, I still sin. In fact, I struggle with sin habitually.

So when someone comes along saying that simple faith in Christ won't cut the mustard, and that one must turn from sins to be saved, I, a poor struggler, get very upset at the hopeless situation I appear to be in.

On the one hand, I cry out to God for deliverance from sin daily. And yet I still commit it. According to popular preachers today (Washer, Comfort & MacArthur), the evidence is against me. According to them, I am not in obedient submission to God's laws.

Now, someone like you might say that I am not saved. But what would I have to do to be saved in your books.. stop sinning? that's make my salvation based on works. Would I have to be convicted of sin? Well, I already am, and I hate it. So I am stuck in this middle ground where I believe on Christ, but I struggle with sin, want to stop sinning, and doubt my salvation. I never prayed any "prayer of salvation". I never answered an altar call. As a young anglican man of 19, I read a gospel tract that showed me my real condition and believed on Jesus Christ.

And now, I don't even know if I am saved anymore (I don't mean I lost it. I mean I don't KNOW anymore. I did know at one stage. I thought I did anyway). Not because of you. But because the simple belief I thought was enough is not enough anymore according to half of Christianity... I don't know if I am saved and have God's grace to continue to overcome sin. So how can I do it? Pray for repentance? I've prayed and prayed and prayed that God would repent me. That God would turn my heart to him from sin. I've prayed and prayed for assurance and got none. I've prayed to know whether I am saved or not and got no answer.

All I can do is believe, but apparently that's not even enough anymore.

I can't see myself as lost, because I believe on Jesus Christ as Saviour. I can't see myself as saved, because there is sin in my life that I want to quit, but struggle with. So what do I do? I'm either lost or saved.. I'm not in the middle, I know that.

And then I see you tandy, coming along, using a heap of terms I am familiar with... mental assent, head knowledge, using the word reprobates in the way you have, saying that God "grants" repentance unto life (I know it's in the Bible, but the verse you used was referring to the gentiles as a whole. Not all of them repented. He also gave the jews repentance (Acts 5:31). I've seen your type before. Other men's experiences don't match yours so you doubt their salvation like you doubted your own..

I am upset, concerned over my condition, and I am sorry if I am responding poorly to you.
You are going to come out the other side a good soldier for Christ Luke. How do I know this? You are honest and don;t hide behind anything.

Iopray for you daily and the 40 days in the wilderness for you will be over, and you will be just a greater warrior for the ordeal. All of us are in the same condition with you Luke, and that is not marginalizing your situation, you are very honest before God and your family in the Lord.

Grace and peace Luke

Tony
Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandy1650 View Post
Brother, that is the best piece of selectively quoting someone I have ever seen. I believe just the opposite of what the Church of Christ teaches. The difference between a lost Campbellite and a Christian who has been saved by the grace of God is a Campbellite tries to live right in order to be saved. A Christian tries to live right as a result of salvation! If I did not make that clear I apologize. Christ didn't die for your unbelief. He died for your sins!

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

A man in some remote jungle that has never heard the gospel does not go to hell because of "unbelief." He goes to hell because he is an adulterer, murderer, thief, liar etc. He will be judged according to the deeds he as done in the flesh (Romans 2:3-6).

The answer to the sin problem is exactly what Jesus said. "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mark 1:15). I preach the same message the apostle Paul did.

Act 20:19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
I apologize for mixing my Tandis(Tandys) up. Besides doing a little business with Tandy Leather, I get confused sometimes my friend. Plus mistaking you for our sister who keeps Torah and loves to bid goodbye in an unknown tongue adds to the confusion.

'...begin working to get to heaven" is not selective, it's a red flag to those of us who were raised and deceived in these cults but I guess it's my fault for not rightly dividing the Scriptures. I apologize if you took any offense at my response, and it takes time to get to know each other and manner of speaking here in the forum.

Grace and peace to you.

Tony
Old 05-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Tandi

Welcome, Tandy, from the other Tandi : )

A good name is....to be chosen (Proverbs 22:1) and Tandy in all its forms and inferences is a good name.

The original Tandi (in my selection of this user name) was my favorite Appaloosa horse, Tandakiya. Story here:

http://tandi-1964.blogspot.com/2007/...ber-tandi.html

I very much appreciate your testimony and wise words on this thread, Tandy. I am looking forward to hearing more from you. I will be listening and not posting much for awhile, so you will be the predominant Tandy. I have about worn out my welcome here I think anyway.

I am praying for Luke. I specialize in fervently praying for those struggling with doubt and desirous of being overcomers.

Signing off in my traditional way, Tony. Since Brother George greets us in an unknown tongue, (Aloha) I don't see the problem.

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
Welcome, Tandy, from the other Tandi

A good name is....to be chosen (Proverbs 22:1) and Tandy in all its forms and inferences is a good name.

The original Tandi (in my selection of this user name) was my favorite Appaloosa horse, Tandakiya. Story here:

http://tandi-1964.blogspot.com/2007/...ber-tandi.html

"I very much appreciate your testimony and wise words on this thread, Tandy. I am looking forward to hearing more from you. I will be listening and not posting much for awhile, so you will be the predominant Tandy. I have about worn out my welcome here I think anyway.

I am praying for Luke. I specialize in fervently praying for those struggling with doubt and desirous of being overcomers.

Signing off in my traditional way, Tony. Since Brother George greets us in an unknown tongue, (Aloha) I don't see the problem
."

Shalom,

Tandi
Ah Tandi, Tandi,

You just “can’t help yourself” – can you? You just “can’t leave well enough alone” – can you? You just have to get in a “parting shot” – don’t you? (Just like every other feminist in the Western World!)

Your Quote:
Quote:
Signing off in my traditional way, Tony. Since Brother George greets us in an unknown tongue, (Aloha) I don't see the problem.
Let us now see what a Dictionary says about the word “aloha” shall we? Let us see whether your “charge” is ACCURATE or TRUE, or whether, once again, you have joined the ranks of those “gnat strainers” who FALSELY ACCUSE the brethren:

aloha

/əˈloʊhɑ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-loh-uh, ah-loh-hah]

–noun, interjection
1. hello; greetings.
2. FAREWELL

–adjective
3. friendly; hospitable; welcoming: The aloha spirit prevails throughout the islands

Origin:
1890–95; < Hawaiian[IMG]file:///G:/DOCUME%7E1/GEORGE%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

The word “aloha” has been incorporated into the English language (according to the Dictionary), just like literally thousands of German, French, Italian, and Scandinavian words were before it. The fact that you tried this last “cheap shot” {typical of all feminists} in a “greeting” to a new member speaks VOLUMES about your “Character”, and lack of "good manners"!

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Last edited by George; 05-10-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 AM

Aloha Tandi,

Again you have shown in your quote below that you do not fully understand words (and origins). Aloha is English originated in Hawaii. You do not do "Tandakiya" justice in using his name. Appaloosas are very "smart" horses and can be trained to do things and not chomp against the bit.

Quote:

Shalom,

Tandi
You are a very good example of why women should not teach men. You insert snide little sweet remarks (like only women can do) like in the quote above. These "smart" remarks are uncalled for. Like a woman you just bait George.

I see why there are so many divorces today!

Aloha,
Renee