General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:14 PM

Wink New Member

Hi,
I'm new here ....and happy to find it. I'm on a couple of other groups
and one is 'which version'...love it. Was raised on the KJV Bible...the only ones we had in the home, and our pastor and sunday school teachers only
read to us and taught verses out of it. My 3 sisters and I had to memorize
verses from sunday school..now I hear people complaining about the 'old
outdated language' of the KJV, and how its so..stale..and needs 'moderized'.
Reading some of the posts here..I feel right at home.
Blessings,
Billie (Dad wanted boys,God gave him 4 girls)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 AM

Hello Billie---Yes indeed, the A.V. sure does have a way about it that makes it good for Memory use. It 'sings" as it were,,,the meter is much better than many other "New" versions.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Smile

Hi,
Yes it does sing,doesn't it! I've read other versions,have a few that was
given to me..reading them was ok...but I didnt feel they were *right*... paraphrased was NOT the real deal to me..lol I'm going to a church
that everyone brings every version under the sun..the Pastor wanted to know if I was one of those..KJBible ONLY! told him yes, I was.He's run into a few ONLY's that gave him a hard time..so he is leery of me We'll see,as long as he doesnt comment from the pulpit..isnt if funny how the KJV Bible is the one picked on? Sort of like they are afraid of the accountability it brings.
Thanks for the welcome
Billie
Old 05-30-2008, 10:07 PM

I'm convinced of that. Literary writers say the KJV is the MASTERPIECE of the English language, as well as the "voice of God in poetry". I tried arranging songs out of KJV text, and "it does SING".
Old 06-03-2008, 03:38 PM

Smile New Member

Hi BibleStudent
Its great that God's Word is fresh! comforting...full of His Love and Wisdom towards us..singing of HIS mercies ...and KEEPING US under His Mighty Hands..growing up, I didn't appreciate His Word as I do now. I really like this forum...so much information to dig through, and challange us to new maturity..not just 'head knowledge',but stretching our spirits and faith.
Blessings,
Billie
Old 06-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Hi Billie,

I'm glad the KJB sings to you too. Have you checked out this forum thread?
Bible Versions: Why I believe in the King James Bible by George?
It is a very enlightning post and should be read by all members and visiters on the forum. If Christians could see what God says about His book and believe the promises made to people who add and take away from His word (and I believe those who twist and wrest the scriptures also) They might take heed and beware.

Aloha,
Renee
Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM

Wink New Member

Hi Renee
Sorry it took so long in answering you..I went to the essay from George... it is great! You can hear his faith in his declarations..it is clear,
concise, food for new believers, and a refirmation of 'us older 'believers. It
has opened a whole new field of authors I will check out.
I so appreciated where he said',GOD and HIS Word is inseparable',...people
have commented to me...Don't worship the written Word, rather, worship
the WORD,Jesus. I knew they refered to the written word as..dry,letter of the law...but, that Word ,God has spoken ,is who HE IS! HIS Signature..Promises kept...I love Jeremiah 1:12b...for I will hasten MY WORD
to perform it'...in my studies I found it means.."I will watch over MY WORD,and I AM able to perform it.
On another groups list, one poster came in and said 'the KJBible was "stale,indigestible", and that to refuse to provide a comprehensible Bible
is a contridiction of the Grace of God directly"!??? His Word is fresh food every day, able to feed us indefinatly... He no longer is on the list..he left soon after..couldn't stand truth spoken to him...and than there are those who love God's Word as He gave it.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Blessings,
Billie
Life is a Song, God's Love is the Music