General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:17 PM

Smile Looking for fellowship and saying hello.

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking and reading here for 4 months. I have been blessed by so many Christian brothers and sisters gathering together on this forum. I want to say thank you for your testimonies and edification. You have been a blessing to me and others who have been reading the posts here.

I would like to introduce myself and look forward to some great fellowship.

I am a bible believing Christian.
I only trust my KJB and believe it is without error, and the word of God. (I enjoy the PCE free download) Thanks!!!

I believe in a literal 6 day creation and a day of rest.
I believe that was about 6000 years ago.
I believe that I am washed in the blood of Christ and am sealed.
I believe that I am not perfect but that I am forgiven.
I believe that anyone can be saved if they believe on Jesus Christ and his finished work on the cross.
I believe in a rapture of the church before the seven year tribulation.
I believe in a literal 1000 year reign of Christ on earth.
I believe God says what he means and means what he says.
I believe that I can get confused sometimes and that I am always willing to study further and pray that GOD will show me his truth.

My wife and I do not attend a church right now. We have been searching but are having a difficult time finding a bible believing church. We believe and study the word. We base our marriage and life off of God's plan. The Lord has blessed us so greatly and we acknowledge him every chance we get.

I have a hunger for the word and share the Good news of salvation with anyone who will listen.

I do not know how much I will post, but I am learning so much from all of you.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to making some friends here.

Brother-Smith
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 AM

Welcome, Brother-Smith.

I look forward to hearing from you.

While you are seeking a church, do you and your wife have any active Christian fellowship with other believers?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Bro. Parrish

Welcome aboard....
Old 07-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Hi Guys,

My wife and I do have some Christian friends. I am blessed in the fact that many of the people I work with are Christians. We do have a couple of family members in town that we see once in awhile. My wife is a stay at home wife and we decided to do it that way before we got married to honor GOD. What a huge blessing that has been to us.

Most of the Churches congregations in our area are either Emergent or Calvinistic in doctrine. All our Christian friends are surprised when they find out that I have difficulty accepting those beliefs systems. It usually leads to questions along the lines of if we really believe and are Saved. We know that we know, and continue our fellowship with them without attending their churches.

I have been saved since I was nine and she was saved at 21.

Just a little more info about us.

Thanks for the welcome so far, keep em' coming.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Default Re: " Looking for fellowship and saying hello."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother-Smith View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking and reading here for 4 months. I have been blessed by so many Christian brothers and sisters gathering together on this forum. I want to say thank you for your testimonies and edification. You have been a blessing to me and others who have been reading the posts here.

I only trust my KJB and believe it is without error, and the word of God. (I enjoy the PCE free download) Thanks!!!

I believe that anyone can be saved if they believe on Jesus Christ and his finished work on the cross.
I believe that I can get confused sometimes and that I am always willing to study further and pray that GOD will show me his truth.

My wife and I do not attend a church right now. We have been searching but are having a difficult time finding a bible believing church. We believe and study the word. We base our marriage and life off of God's plan. The Lord has blessed us so greatly and we acknowledge him every chance we get.

I have a hunger for the word and share the Good news of salvation with anyone who will listen.

Brother-Smith

Aloha brother Smith,

What a refreshing introduction! Welcome to the AV1611 Bible Forums - by your testimony you should feel right at home here.

As far as your experience of not being able to find a sound Bible church to worship at - this is something that too many Christians are experiencing all over the U.S.A.

The APOSTASY is here! Those of us of like minds had better try to "stick together", because I don't anticipate where things are going to get better for genuine Bible believers (as far as the world is concerned).

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 PM

Welcome Brother Smith! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

AMR
Old 07-09-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother-Smith View Post
Hi everyone,

Brother-Smith
AMEN BROTHER!

Your beliefs exactly match those of mine! This sure is refreshing, because believe or not, they are some brethren (even here) that have differing views. I guess that even having an inerrant Bible like our precious Authorized Version, doesn't necessarily make us have the same mind. Anyway, welcome to the forum Brother-Smith! By the grace of God, I'll be looking sure to some fellowship. I'll pray that you find a good church. Stay strong in the LORD brother!

In Jesus' Name,

Rolando
Old 07-09-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Hello

Brother George-

I want to personally say thank you for your posts. Your study and outlines on Calvinism came to me at the most perfect time. GOD is in control and directs all of our paths. The time you spent has directly blessed me in my daily life.

We started attending a family members Church. I went alone the first week. Partly because my wife was sick and partly that she is burnt out on looking for churches. I was so uneasy after Sunday school and the service that I had to come home and research what the Reformation was. I had know idea what a reformed church was. Without going into unedifying detail, my spirit was so twisted up inside and I was confused. I was having the thoughts of: either GOD is chastening the son he loves or the Holy Ghost is telling me to run, and run fast. Thanks for your study. It helped me a lot and reaffirmed what I have known from an early age. I just had no idea about that other end of belief. I try my best to separate individuals from their belief systems. There are many Christians who see things differently from myself, and I understand that. I do not accept their beliefs, but I accept them. (to the best of my ability, so help me GOD)

Thank You, again.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Brother-Smith,

I am so happy you're here. My husband and I have not ever found a church that we feel comfortable in. Right now I work on Sundays but my schedule will change in August, hopefully. When that happens, we finally have a church in mind that we want to attend.

Amen on all of your points of belief, including the sometimes confused part! One of the things I'm not confused about anymore is:

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. 1Timothy 2:3-6

God bless,

Jen
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 PM

Brother-Smith,

I join the other members here in welcoming you. You're certainly not alone in your search for a TRUE King James 1611 Bible-believing church! I have been to so many churches and have felt extremely uncomfortable! Add to that, the fact that I am Deaf, and you can see the challenge. This is why I find this online Forum to be like a "church" for me. It sure has given me fellowship, learning, edification, correction, and many other positive things! I pray that you will be an active member here.

I look forward to your posts!

Jassy