Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Default Questions from Atheists 3

READ FIRST: I will be posting some questions here that were brought up by an Atheist/Agnostic "Freethought Group." I don't belong to this group. Someone I know that is somewhat antagonistic towards Christians does. So, the "I" is NOT me. Perhaps people here can help in responding to these questions. I'll post them as "Questions from Atheists 1" "....2" etc.

3. Is vicarious redemption moral? If god truly did write morality on the hearts of all people (as it says in Romans), then why do we generally find this practice, otherwise known s scapegoating, reprehensible? Would you allow an innocent man to be tortured and killed for crimes you committed? I would not, and I reject that offering. If I have committed crimes, I stand ready to be held accountable. I will not let an innocent suffer on my behalf.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 PM

1) You do not have a choice in the matter saying "I will not let an innocent suffer on my behalf." He has already suffered and died. So that is a moot point.

2) Like it or not, that is the system that God set up from the beginning (back to the garden w/ the first sacrifice). This person is asking the wrong question. Why a pure, holy, unblemished, and substitutionary sacrifice? Because it portrays God's reprehense and hatred towards sin.

3) Let's not forget that God chose the sacrificial system Himself knowing full well before the foundations of the world that Jesus would be the choice sacrifice.

4) He should be thankful for the substitute. Does this person really want to suffer the consequences of their sin - i.e. what they deserve? Doubtful. Jesus paid it all. Praise the Lord I am bought with a price.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Quote:
... and I reject that offering. If I have committed crimes, I stand ready to be held accountable. I will not let an innocent suffer on my behalf.
How "responsible" he/she must be! seems like he/she is just proud for "committing NO sin".

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I am pretty sure he/she wouldn't want to pay for all sins he/she has committed (and will commit).

Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sad how the education today has blinded people's view and keep them from seeing the "big" picture. (that they are "lost" and they cannot "work" to get to heaven)

Rom. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 AM

if she rejects God's way of salvation she will pay, just as she wishes, to the last farthing for her own sin forever in a lake of fire.