Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Brother Forrest, thank you very kindly for the valuable information. My view is that we can never say that God's Law was BAD. He created it - so it was good and served its purpose for the Jews. That is why I said that we don't throw away the Law. It did serve its purpose - but it is not for us today. We are today under GRACE, as the apostle Paul has taught us.
Absolutely. Iwish sister Tandi would read these verses:

I Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul wrote Philemon for Onesimus, Jesus said to God the Father, they made the debt, they commited the offense, ILL PAY THE BILL. And He washed me in His Blood, gave me HIS righteousness and HIS faith and declared me free and redeemed, and when He looks at me He don;t see those sins, He sees His Blood that has blotted ouy my sins and forgiven ALL OF THEM, PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE.

So what do I need the Law for? It's not for me.

Grace and peace

tony
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Bro Parrish - I used to be a member of the Worldwide Church of God (Armstrong). Wow! Was I ever misled! Thankfully the Lord through the Holy Spirit led me to know that there was something very unholy about that church and I left it. I floundered around for awhile and finally came to discover the KJV. I have been a KJV supporter/uplifter ever since! It was my own personal studies of the KJV that led me to understand about GRACE.

Ahhh, that makes sense, glad you listened to God and got out of that mess... nothing like a KJV to clear up doctrinal issues.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:13 AM

Rightly dividing the word does not simply pertain to determining who scripture applies to and what dispensation, it also means to correctly divide a passage.

The passage here (and you did not include the whole passage which makes a big difference in understanding it properly) speaks of two distinct types, those with faith versus those with knowledge.

Those with faith:

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; )

These verses are speaking of those who not only have knowledge of Jesus Christ but have also believed on him.

If you would have read to the end of the passage this is clearly pointed out.

Heb 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

But parts of this passage is addressed to those who have heard and understood the Gospel, but reject it.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

These persons are quite different from those who heard the Gospel, understood, and then believed on Jesus. This group heard the Gospel, and even understood, but then it says they "sin willfully" they "despised", they "hath trodden under foot" , "hath counted.... an unholy thing", "hate done despite".

Do you not see these folks are very different from those who believed?

This passage is warning those who hear and reject the Gospel that they are rejecting the one and only possible hope of salvation.

Luke 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

You see here, you can hear Jesus's word, but refuse to obey.

And what exactly was it that Jesus wanted those who heard to do?

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

So, in Heb 10:26 those who "willfully" sinned are those who heard the Gospel and understood it, yet willfully refused to believe on Christ. There is no other remedy left for them to be saved.

Last edited by Winman; 05-23-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
And He washed me in His Blood, gave me HIS righteousness and HIS faith and declared me free and redeemed, and when He looks at me He don;t see those sins, He sees His Blood that has blotted ouy my sins and forgiven ALL OF THEM, PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE.

tony
Pretty AMAZING GRACE, isn't it? There really is, "Power in the blood..." Indeed, brother, it's ALL Christ and none of me.
Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Thanks for your comments too, Brother Winman.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Ahhh, that makes sense, glad you listened to God and got out of that mess... nothing like a KJV to clear up doctrinal issues.
Bro. Parrish! Yes, I praise and thank God that he drew me OUT of that church! Now I don't depend on any church or minister to tell me what my belief should be. I read and study, and let the Holy Spirit guide me.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Pretty AMAZING GRACE, isn't it? There really is, "Power in the blood..." Indeed, brother, it's ALL Christ and none of me.
Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Thanks for your comments too, Brother Winman.
We all appreciate brother Win, he is a valuable asset to this forum.

Go forth now my friend and makew every thought captive for Christ.

GRACE and peace to you

Tony