General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Default Well, hello!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself, if that's okay.

My name is Peter, I am a 39 year old Dutchman (so born and raised in the Netherlands) who lives since 1994 in Northern Ireland. I am married to Veronica, who is from Sweden.

I am a believer and follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, blessed be His name, for about 11 years now.

Since the last 3 to 4 years or so I am becoming more and more convinced that the Authorised (King James) Version is the only Bible in the English language I can fully trust. I got to this point by having viewed and thought about material from Creationist speaker Kent Hovind, the late Barry Smith (from New Zealand), the New Defender's (KJV) Bible with notes from the late Dr. Henry Morris, Jack Chick gospel tracts and others. A large part as well is that I simply love the Word of God as faithfully preserved in the AV. I praise the Lord for "not being the author of confusion"!

There is much more I could add to this little profile, but it has been a busy day today, so time to go to sleep!

I hope to mainly learn from this forum in the first wee (little) while, and in time perhaps to add a thought or two.

May the Lord bless you!

Peter

Sanctify them through thy truth, thy word is truth - John 17:17
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Bro. Parrish

Peter, welcome to the forum... many of us have been blessed by Kent Hovind's work over the years. I'm glad you have settled on the KJV, it is a wise decision on your part.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:51 PM

Hey there Brother
Welcome to the forum
I hail from just outside Belfast in Newtownabbey.
Great to hear that you are being drawn to Gods truth of "Which Bible" he has perfectly preserved his "Whole counsel" in, which is of course the AV1611.
With the seemingly apostate nature of many Churches in Northern Ireland it is a blessing to find another Believer on the road to Gods truth.

I pray this forum may be a source of edification for you Brother and that above all things the name of the Lord Jesus Christ is magnified.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:47 PM

Welcome to the forum, Peter! I have enjoyed being a part of this fellowship, hope you will too. Take care.
Tim
Old 06-27-2009, 07:33 PM

Welcome to the forum brother Peter! It's a joy to know that they are more brethren out there coming to the realization that the Authorized Version of the Holy Bible is God's inerrant written Word in English! Like Bro. Parrish and you mentioned, I too been blessed by brother Kent Hovind's work in Christ. Anyway, I again welcome you to the forum. May this forum be a blessing to you.

In Jesus' Name

Rolando
Old 06-27-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Havenaar View Post
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself, if that's okay.

My name is Peter, I am a 39 year old Dutchman (so born and raised in the Netherlands) who lives since 1994 in Northern Ireland. I am married to Veronica, who is from Sweden.

I am a believer and follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, blessed be His name, for about 11 years now.

Since the last 3 to 4 years or so I am becoming more and more convinced that the Authorised (King James) Version is the only Bible in the English language I can fully trust. I got to this point by having viewed and thought about material from Creationist speaker Kent Hovind, the late Barry Smith (from New Zealand), the New Defender's (KJV) Bible with notes from the late Dr. Henry Morris, Jack Chick gospel tracts and others. A large part as well is that I simply love the Word of God as faithfully preserved in the AV. I praise the Lord for "not being the author of confusion"!

There is much more I could add to this little profile, but it has been a busy day today, so time to go to sleep!

I hope to mainly learn from this forum in the first wee (little) while, and in time perhaps to add a thought or two.

May the Lord bless you!

Peter

Sanctify them through thy truth, thy word is truth - John 17:17
Brother. welcome to the forum, you are a welcome addition.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 PM

Welcome, Peter! Glad to have you join this forum. I believe you'll be blessed.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 AM

God bless you Bro. Peter and welcome to the Forum of Bible believers.

From the Philippines...
Old 06-28-2009, 08:33 AM

Smile Welcome Peter!

Hello Peter, You seem to have taken a similar educational path to myself (i.e. Kent Hovind & Barry Smith) I had the honour in meeting the latter.
I (like yourself) am married to a foreigner she is from Pakistan whilst I am English. Although there are many unacceptable conspiracy theories out there - I have no reason to doubt the genuine ones that are exosed by the likes of Kent & Barry. Gary Kah is also quite in touch with what's going on in this field you can find him on google video.

Welcome on board - it's nice to have you with us.

God bless

PaulB
Old 06-28-2009, 11:53 AM

Greetings!

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.