General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Default Dr. Ruckman

What do you guy think of Dr. Ruckman?

Dave
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
jerry

There are a lot of sound defenders of the King James Bible out there - so we do not need to depend upon or refer to someone who is highly questionable.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Lively Stone

Bro. Dave: I found this for you perhaps it will answer you question, perhaps not. I am simply not Knowlegeable about him to make a judgement. This is a fairly harsh critisism of Him.

http://www.wayoflife.org/articles/ruckman.htm

Bro. Danny
Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
jerry

Not harsh at all - just an honest critique of Ruckman's writings. Harsh implies that it is wrong or overboard - what it is is an expose of what Ruckman actually believes, plus his typical fleshly attitude when it comes to his writings.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
timothy

Of my own opinion, I enjoy reading his articles. They're quite eye opening as far as what's in the KJV Bble and the omissions that the other translations have. I could do without the harsh name calling myself but then again, he reserves those for the ones that deny the KJV, the Pope, cults, charismatic, and types like that. Then again, Psalm 14:1 says,

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

In essence, name calling athiests that they're fools. As if it wasn't enough, the verse gets repeated in Psalm 53:1. And Jesus did call Pharisees hypocrites and blind guides in Matthew 23.

True that there are other sound Bible teachers out there, but as always, as I do with Ruckman articles and whoever, the Word of God comes first. No matter what accolades has gotten heaped on whoever... whether it be Ruckman, Perry Stone, Sly Stone, Bob Jones III, or Bono.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:49 PM
ok.book.guy

Dr. Peter Ruckman has many positives. In fact, I am so helped by his positives that I overlook his many blemishes to take advantage of his positives. He is devisive and I wish he were not. His protege, Dr. Sam Gipp is just terrific! So that's a good way to get the benefit of Ruckman's gifts. I am the only person whom I know personally that will listen to him. I generally will not mention his name at all. I like to give credit where credit is due. I offered some information at a church dinner which I obtained from reading Ruckman. It was very well received. But then I cited my source. It just put a damper on the whole dinner. We were hosting an evangelist and his family and they really cut loose on Ruckman. I have a number of his books (KJV defense only) and several of his videos (again KJV defense only). And I have a number of his audio files (KJV defense and prophecy) and he is very good on that material.

His negatives in addition to his ingracious speech includes his Hyper-Dispensationalism.

Now here is where I appreciate Ruckman the most. He is one of the very very few KJV defenders who go all the way and say the KJV/AV is the infallible word of God and is not trumped by the greek or hebrew.

I love brother David Cloud of wayoflife.org very very much. He is the author of the article on Ruckman referenced above (Note: wayoflife.org is just as hard on Gail Riplinger as it is Ruckman. There are many more folks who accept Riplinger's books than do Ruckmans). But even (I believe) brother Cloud's (and the majority of KJV defenders) position is that the greek TR "trumps" the KJV. Ruckman is one of the very few KJV defenders who are consistent at this point.

I believe the KJV/AV is God's infallible word in english. I believe the TR is God's infallible word in Greek. I therefore believe the greek TR cannot trump the KJV anymore than the Spanish Valera can trump the KJV.

NOTE: I have stated this position but I have not defended it. If anyone wants to go into that, let me know and I'll start a thread on that.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
jerry

Ruckman doesn't just knock unbelievers and heretics - he knocks sound KJVdefenders who don't dot their i's the exact same way as he does. For example, both him and Riplinger knock David Cloud and slander him as some kind of KJVcorrector, preferring the TR over the KJV, etc. That is simply hogwash. I have been reading David Cloud's materials and studies for 10 years, and he has never ONCE corrected the KJV in any sense, never once said it was in error, never once pushed the TR ABOVE the KJV or used something in the TR to change or correct the KJV. His position is the same as mine, and the reason I become KJVonly: the TR and Masoretic Text are the preserved Bible texts as their history clearly shows, and they are on equal footing with the KJV; the KJV is the soundest translation available from those texts - but the KJV is obviously the edition of the TR that has God's hand on it; therefore he won't change the KJV if some TR manuscript differed from it somewhere (though I have yet to see any supposed discrepancy from the manuscripts behind the KJV and the KJV itself).
Old 02-08-2008, 03:04 AM

Dr Ruckman is basically a good man. he like all of us has our weaknesses and our strong points. he has amazing insights at times and at others it is almaost sickening. but my opinion of him is I am fair inhearing him. like another questinable man Jerry Falwell use to say, "chew the meat and spit out the bones"
Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 AM
jerry

Chew the meat and spit out the bones is great advice if you are eating a steak - but not if the steak is poisoned. You have to get to where you decide, do his flaws outweigh his good points. His language, his wacky doctrine (such as all his belief in aliens, in the Gap Theory, his hyperdispensationalism, his belief in the RE-inspiration of the KJV, belief in new revelation in the KJV) - do these outweigh his defense of the KJV? I believe they do.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 AM

Jerry May God bless you so much more in wisdom. Many have different Gap theories, he is not by any means a Hyper dispensationalist, He is correct in saying there is no error in the KJV.

Jerry I hate to say this but I have read many of your posts throughout AV1611 Forums. You are a CYNIC man! not critical but Cynical.