General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:05 AM

Default Finally...

I was amazed last night. I saw a secular movie called "New In Town" where the name of Jesus was used in reverence rather than bandied about as a catch phrase or a swear word. The movie is a silly romantic comedy and this took the silliness out of it for me...to hear the name of Jesus used as a way to salvation rather than an expletive. And this movie coming from California...a state preparing to honor Harvey Milk with a holiday and yet you still can't own a domesticated ferret. Go figger...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 AM

New In Town,who are the actors.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:32 AM

Renee Zellweger, Harry Connick Jr., J. K. Simmons, Siobhan Fallon...no nudity, and to be honest, I can't actually remember hearing profanity. Amazing that that little bit of info slipped by considering the common usage of the "f" word (and people can't figure out thee and thou)...
Old 06-09-2009, 05:00 PM

Well,that shall be a movie for me to see on DVD, where we live in NZ our local movie cinema closed down and it costs too much in petrol and movie admission for us to go to the movies.We wait for movies to come out on DVD and then the trouble is I can't remember the title of a must see movie or who the actors are.**sigh**
Mrs Hayseed
Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve54 View Post
I was amazed last night. I saw a secular movie called "New In Town" where the name of Jesus was used in reverence rather than bandied about as a catch phrase or a swear word. The movie is a silly romantic comedy and this took the silliness out of it for me...to hear the name of Jesus used as a way to salvation rather than an expletive. And this movie coming from California...a state preparing to honor Harvey Milk with a holiday and yet you still can't own a domesticated ferret. Go figger...
It does sound like a very good movie, thanks for the information Steve.