Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn1 View Post
Well if it took you four years to figure out "cut and paste" on the puter, you just never know, dear brother!

I was just passing along my new-found knowledge........
I'm telling you, Miz Thang: I like to think of myself as a patient man, but I have my limits.....

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-25-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Swart View Post
I am going to shock and maybe infuriate some people here today, If so I am sorry, but I do not regret what I say.
God met me in 1992 in a charismatic church, and saved me. At that time I was not even looking for the Lord, But He being true to Himself, found me and saved me. I believe that God had saved me at this point (it is His salvation, and not mine). But being in a charismatic church at the time, the Bible (God's Word) was secondary, experience was primary. Needless to say, in the couple of years that followed, I slid back into my old ways.
God, being faithful, started putting people in the way that knew the truth. And I started to see the error I was living in.
Even though the Holy Spirit was living in me, I had no idea who He was. And when I started to read the Sciptures, and found out who He is, I yielded myself to Him. Wow the things that started to happen.
What I am trying to say, is, do not knock someone on what is perceived as a particular doctrine, God may be using that person to move one of his children to the next level of relationship to Him.
I was in a charismatic church, God being faithful showed me the error of what I was in, moved me to a non-denominational church for a while (for a growth period), to a Independant Baptist church for awhile, and now I am in a church that preaches expository from the Word of God.
The point is, do not beat on what people now know. God will bring His people to the point where they know Him and want to serve Him.
That's not shocking. That's Bible. What would be shocking was if you said something like "I slid back into my old ways so that proved I wasn't really saved". God bless Bro
Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
That's not shocking. That's Bible. What would be shocking was if you said something like "I slid back into my old ways so that proved I wasn't really saved". God bless Bro
Praise God that is not true: sliding back into your old ways proves that you were never saved and/or have lost your salvation.

Yes, I was raised "once saved, always saved" but over the years I have found it to be true. I've fallen away and back into my old ways and each and every time I feel the Shepherd calling me back (Jn 10:27-29). I've actually felt as if I've been pulled back by the Shepherd's crook. What I mean is the internal battle where the rebellious flesh does all it can to resist the Holy Ghost, but ultimately the Holy Ghost wins - again, Praise God!

Each time I find myself pondering on what Paul asked in Romans 7:15. And as I reflect upon just what I've done I find out something else about myself and how I failed. And it is ALWAYS because I FAILED, NEVER because the Lord failed or abandonded me. I neglected the word, I neglected prayer, I ignored the escape from tempation (I Cor 10:13). I blew it. I never deserved the first chance, certainly didn't deserve the second chance...three strikes and I'm out, etc...but praise God "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1Jo 1:9) and that it never states how many times...

Harley
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 PM

AMEN! Stephanos!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I've fallen away and back into my old ways and each and every time I feel the Shepherd calling me back (Jn 10:27-29). I've actually felt as if I've been pulled back by the Shepherd's crook. What I mean is the internal battle where the rebellious flesh does all it can to resist the Holy Ghost, but ultimately the Holy Ghost wins - again, Praise God!

Each time I find myself pondering on what Paul asked in Romans 7:15. And as I reflect upon just what I've done I find out something else about myself and how I failed. And it is ALWAYS because I FAILED, NEVER because the Lord failed or abandonded me. I neglected the word, I neglected prayer, I ignored the escape from tempation (I Cor 10:13). I blew it. I never deserved the first chance, certainly didn't deserve the second chance...three strikes and I'm out, etc...but praise God "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1Jo 1:9) and that it never states how many times...

Harley
Thank you, Harley, for this testimony. This is very encouraging to me as I pray for loved ones that are presently not walking with the LORD. Hebrews 6 and Hebrews 10 contain some scary Scriptures about those who fall away, but I try to hold on to hope that prodigals can and do return.

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
Thank you, Harley, for this testimony. This is very encouraging to me as I pray for loved ones that are presently not walking with the LORD. Hebrews 6 and Hebrews 10 contain some scary Scriptures about those who fall away, but I try to hold on to hope that prodigals can and do return.

Shalom,

Tandi
Those verses in Hebrews apply to Israel during the time of Jacob's trouble (aka the Tribulation) who will be required to endure to the end in order to be saved.

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. (Matthew 10:22 KJV)

A Christian cannot loose their salvation because he or she is hid in Christ and God will not condemn His son to eternity in Hell. Once a person is born again God does not impute their sins upon them. All a Christians sins have been imputed upon Christ Jesus who became sin on the Cross.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 01-11-2009, 08:51 PM

Default That's Right

Stephanos is correct. I believe your in the wrong dispensation of time. We're under grace!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM

Those verses in Hebrews are about those who make a false proffesion. Just like Matthew 7:21-23.