Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:20 AM
kevin

Default 1611 Design

Now I am a big fan of the King James Bible.

However, I have come across some interesting info on the design of the 1611.

It seems King James was in the occult world. And the designs on the pages look like they have pagan backgrounds!

Alot of Freemasonry symbols as well as Babylon.

Has anyone else taken notice on this?

Yahweh Bless

Kevin
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-02-2008, 08:37 AM
jerry

Quote:
Yahweh Bless
My King James Bible says Jehovah (you might want to study out where the name Yahweh came from...).

King James was definitely NOT involved in the occult - he wrote at least one book I am aware of against the occult.

Don't blame the pictures the printer put in there on the King. Besides, King James had nothing to do with the translation of the words in the KJV - he was (one of) the person(s) God used to set this translation in motion - but he was not a translator of the KJV.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Pastor Mikie

...I've found that if someone can't fault the "message", they attack the "messenger". No one has ever been able to discredit the KJB, so they try and discredit the king who ordered it's production.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:28 AM
kevin

Yahweh Bless, Jerry.

First of all in the 1611 the writers did not use j as a capital letter.

Gen 22:14 And Abraham called the name of that place Iehouah-ijreh, as it is said to this day, In the Mount of the LORD it shalbe seene.

Exo 6:3 And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vnto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them.

Exo 17:15 And Moses built an Altar, and called the name of it IEHOUAH Nissi.

Isa 12:2 Behold, God is my saluation: I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord IEHOVAH is my strength and my song, he also is become my saluation.

Isa 26:4 Trust ye in the Lord for euer: for in the Lord Iehouah is euerlasting strength.

In the second place there were no "j" in the Hebrew. The Hebrew Massorah which the 1611 KJV is derived from, uses no j's!

Pastor Mike I agree with you. Alot of KJV Bibles have been translated into man's thinking. I believe the best KJV Bible is the Companion Bible. This Bible takes you back into the Hebrew and Greek. Plus the appendixes are assume.

I just find it interesting that the diagrams on the pages of the 1611 do with pagan issues.

Yahweh Bless

Kevin
Old 02-02-2008, 12:07 PM
kjndds

The Hebrew Massorah is only what is the Old Testament. It is today's Torah used in Orthodox temples. The New Testament came from the Textus Receptus. One must also be careful the translation is the Koinate (not sure of the spelling)Greek and not the Classical Greek. It seems to me that you are using a version of the KJ that is in Olde English.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:09 PM
ok.book.guy

First of all in the 1611 the writers did not use j as a capital letter.

So? Like Jerry said, mine and his and yours (unless you're using one of those reprints) says Jehovah. The reprint doesn't say it. The last cambridge update 1789 does. Those reprints use gothic font and roman numerals. My Authorized Version (AV) doesn't and so neither do I.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 PM
kevin

When I study a letter, such as James, I use only my Companion KJV, along with James Strong Concord, with Smith's Bible ditcionary. However, I go back to the 1611 for references, just as I go back into the copies of the Greek manuscripts. Basically, I begin with the KJV, but totally depend on the manuscripts. From the manuscripts, I then search for the differents variants contained within these different copies. To me the most reliable is the Ethopic manuscripts, which is the foundation of our KJV.

I do not use the Alexander copy at all. This is the foundation for the NIV etc. Bibles.

Probably the real reason that I use the 1611, is the preface. That letter that the writers wrote to us the readers.

When I read their letter and look at the different pictures within the pages, it tells me, someone is trying to change the mindset of the writers.

Yahweh Bless

Kevin
Old 02-02-2008, 12:39 PM
jerry

The KJV was not based on Ethiopic manuscripts, but on Byzantine ones.

Please stop using Yahweh bless. It is offensive. For someone who claims to believe the KJV, you are correcting part of it. Yahweh came from higher critics who do not believe in the preserved Hebrew Masoretic text - and their critical texts do not have vowels, therefore they supplied their own, and came up with Yahweh - less than 200 years ago. It is not a name found in the Bible or in the preserved texts.

How do I know Jehovah is correct? Read your KJV. Names like Jehoshua, Jehoshaphat, Jehoakim, etc. all contain the same first part - yet we see them as "Jeh...", not as Yahoshua, Yahoshaphat, Yahoakim, etc.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:48 PM
ok.book.guy

In the second place there were no "j" in the Hebrew. The Hebrew Massorah which the 1611
Again. . .so?

NOTE: Neither the hebrew nor the greek can trump the KJV. You can profit by looking at other versions you can read (greek or hebrew or syrian for that matter). But we don't have a HIGHER AUTHORITY in the TR than we do in the KJV. The KJV was translated from some greek texts (NT) and the masoretic text (OT) and was also diligently compared to previous versions. That's why sometimes a particular KJV translation looks faulty: Some particular greek word in some edition of the TR may not be seen as best represented by the word in the KJV. And then you will hear unbelief say "The translators really blew it" here or there. Well sometimes the KJV translators went with the word they did because it was from a previous (perhaps non-greek like the syrian) version. They diligently compared the previous english versions also.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:55 PM
ok.book.guy

Please stop using Yahweh bless. And silly. Its the higher critics choice!