General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:52 PM

Question What King James do you use?????

That is what Publisher and edition is your most used King Jimmy? I am blessed to have Brevier Clarendon Edition in goatskin leather by Allan's Bibles of Glasgow Scotland, the "guts" are from a classic Oxford Reference Edition (which Oxford no longer prints) but as I understand it Allan's now has limited rights on. A good size, well made, and no self-pronouncing text, and no red letter either!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-31-2008, 02:13 PM

My first bible was the 1917 Scofield, but the print shrank and I have trouble reading it, I recently purchased a PCE large print, and that is so easy to read without all the cross references and notes to take your mind of the flow of the text. The wisdom I received from the members of this forum has blessed me greatly with that choice.

SwordSearcher affords me all the notes I need in the study mode.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
My first bible was the 1917 Scofield, but the print shrank and I have trouble reading it, I recently purchased a PCE large print, and that is so easy to read without all the cross references and notes to take your mind of the flow of the text. The wisdom I received from the members of this forum has blessed me greatly with that choice.

SwordSearcher affords me all the notes I need in the study mode.
???? How did the print shrink my friend??? Did you drop it in a swimming pool? (sorry I HAD to ask.)
Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
???? How did the print shrink my friend??? Did you drop it in a swimming pool? (sorry I HAD to ask.)
No, just the blessing of age.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:25 PM

I use a Ryrie Study Bible. I used to use a Scofield Reference Bible, but there were to many "extras" and not enought text on each page for me. And the print seems to have shrank on mine as well, must be something with those Scofields!

Last edited by Josh; 10-31-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
No, just the blessing of age.
Messing with you my friend, as I close in on 40 (I don't yet wear glasses), I am noting some print shrinking as well. You don't know HOW much I love the enlarge print feature on my Mac!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
You don't know HOW much I love the enlarge print feature on my Mac!
In fact, I do. I recently got a MiniMac, and I really enjoy it.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:16 PM

TA,

My first Bible was a World regular KJV. World Bible is no longer in business. I forgot who brought them out. It had no notes or anything. It was a very good little Bible. My 2nd Bible was an old Scofield Bible. I have stuck with the old Scofield for years. I like it and will stick with it 95% of the time.

Atlas
Old 10-31-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Messing with you my friend, as I close in on 40 (I don't yet wear glasses), I am noting some print shrinking as well. You don't know HOW much I love the enlarge print feature on my Mac!
www.macsword.org my brother, if you don't already have it. And if you have the means, check out Accordance Bible software; very in-depth and powerful, just not so user-friendly.

*loves his Mac*

(I wanted to use a little "Powered by Mac OS X" picture in my signature but unfortunately that's disabled )
Old 10-31-2008, 06:33 PM

My Ryrie Study Bible and Thompson Chain Reference are fairly well used, and they also saw some rough usage when I had them at work (at different times...I spilled Cheerios and milk all over Judges in Ryrie) I used to work in an auto parts warehouse.

Right now I'm using my Church Publishers Large Print KJV...straight text and have Scofield by the desk when I'm downstairs in the office.