Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Bro. Parrish

Default Creed of the Alexandrian Cult

I'm sure this has been posted, it was written many years ago... but I figured with the new year upon us it would be a good reminder and a reference point for all those confused souls who come here seeking to cast doubt on God's Word. Think of it as a peek at Satan's game plan for destroying man's faith in the Bible. God bless you my friends, as you defend the KJV...

THE CREED OF THE ALEXANDRIAN CULT

by Peter Ruckman

1. There is NO FINAL AUTHORITY but God.

2. Since God is a SPIRIT, there is NO FINAL AUTHORITY that can be seen, heard, read, felt or handled.

3. Since all books are MATERIAL, there is NO BOOK ON THIS EARTH THAT IS THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY on what is right and what is wrong; what constitutes TRUTH and what constitutes ERROR.

4. There WAS a series of writings one time which, IF they had all been put into a BOOK as soon as they were written the first time, WOULD HAVE constituted an infallible and final authority by which to judge truth and error.

5. However, this series of writings was LOST, and the God Who inspired them was UNABLE TO PRESERVE THEIR CONTENT through Bible-believing Christians at Antioch (Syria), where the first Bible teachers were (Acts 13:1), and where the first missionary trip originated (Acts 13:1-6), and where the word "CHRISTIAN" originated (Acts 11:26).

6. So, God chose to ALMOST preserve them through Gnostics and philosophers from Alexandria, Egypt, even though God called HIS SON OUT of Egypt (Mat. 2), JACOB OUT of Egypt (Gen. 49), ISRAEL OUT of Egypt (Exod. 15), and JOSEPH'S BONES OUT of Egypt (Exod. 13).

7. So, there are two streams of Bibles: the most accurate - though, of course, there is NO FINAL, ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY FOR DETERMINING TRUTH AND ERROR: it is a matter of "preference" - are the Egyptian translations from Alexandria, Egypt, which are "almost the originals," although NOT QUITE.

8. The most INACCURATE TRANSLATIONS were those that brought about the GERMAN REFORMATION (Luther, Zwingli, Boehler, Zinzendorf, Spener, etc.) and the worldwide MISSIONARY MOVEMENT of the English speaking people: the Bible that Sunday, Torrey, Moody, Finney, Spurgeon, Whitfield, Wesley, and Chapman used.

9. But we can "tolerate" these if those who believe in them will tolerate US. After all, since THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE AND FINAL AUTHORITY THAT ANYONE CAN READ, TEACH, PREACH, OR HANDLE, the whole thing is a matter of "PREFERENCE." You may prefer what you prefer, and we will prefer what WE prefer: let us live in peace, and if we cannot agree on anything or everything, let us all agree on one thing: THERE IS NO FINAL, ABSOLUTE, WRITTEN AUTHORITY OF GOD ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH.

This is the creed of the Alexandrian Cult.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 01-01-2009 at 12:11 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 PM

Amen brother, I'd hate to be some of those guys when Jesus gets...ticked off...at them at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

On the other hand, while we must strive to be steadfast and stand for the Word of God, we must be cautious that we don't become doctrinally correct and spiritually bankrupt. I know we "Bible Believing Ruckmanites" have the truth, 100% and perfect, but I know a lot of people that walk around with an NIV or an NASB and have a more Christ-like attitude than I do a lot of times. Just because I have the absolute Truth doesn't mean I always act on it as much as I should, and that's something that we all should try to keep an eye out for in our own lives.

Thanks for that brother, it's good to be reminded.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:07 PM

That was a heart felt response there, Vince.
You are growing into what God would have you to be.
A real sign of maturity in Christ.
God bless you!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM

Well that answers some of the questions I've had about the "no final authority" notion in a nice, concise summary!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Thanks for that brother, it's good to be reminded.
My pleasure...
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 AM

"6. So, God chose to ALMOST preserve them through Gnostics and philosophers from Alexandria, Egypt, even though God called HIS SON OUT of Egypt (Mat. 2), JACOB OUT of Egypt (Gen. 49), ISRAEL OUT of Egypt (Exod. 15), and JOSEPH'S BONES OUT of Egypt (Exod. 13)."

Oh you mean Nag Hammadi ? This is where you could find the Gnostic's. 1 John also warns against them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_library
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
On the other hand, while we must strive to be steadfast and stand for the Word of God, we must be cautious that we don't become doctrinally correct and spiritually bankrupt. I know we "Bible Believing Ruckmanites" have the truth, 100% and perfect, but I know a lot of people that walk around with an NIV or an NASB and have a more Christ-like attitude than I do a lot of times. Just because I have the absolute Truth doesn't mean I always act on it as much as I should, and that's something that we all should try to keep an eye out for in our own lives.
A hearty AMEN to that!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
... I know we "Bible Believing Ruckmanites" have the truth, 100% and perfect, ...
That has to be one of the most spiritually bankrupt statements I have ever read without even using a profane word. I thought Jesus was our Lord, not some 'Archie Bunker' like preacher.
It reeks of arrogance.

Last edited by Gord; 01-06-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
That has to be one of the most spiritually bankrupt statements I have ever read without even using a profane word. I thought Jesus was our Lord, not some 'Archie Bunker' like preacher.
I reeks of arrogance.
I read the "Bible believing Ruckmanite" part as tongue and cheek, and the "100% and perfect" as a reference to the King James Bible.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:58 AM

If you don't like Doc, then that's fine. But don't go reading into things and making lame, slanderous statements like that. We BIBLE BELIEVERS have the TRUTH. You may not, but those of us who BELIEVE the BIBLE do. If you believe the BIBLE, then you have the truth, too.

¡Dios mio!