General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Luke. My beloved brother. My initials are not "VD," thank you very much.....
Haha, I just noticed that. All this time, I have been thinking.. how can I shorten Vendetta Ride to something smaller... without having it sound like disease. I guess VR will do. I have no idea why I thought the initials were VD. Sorry Brother.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 PM

David Cloud has those who find his work very worthwhile and may even hang on his every word, and those who literally hate him. Peter Ruckman has those who find his work very worthwhile and may even hang on his every word, and those who literally hate him. Interestingly, the two men are adversarial with each other and the followers of one are often the haters of the other. What is sad is that both men have much beneficial material. If we examined the materials written by the both of them objectively without knowing about the authors themselves, most of us who are KJBO would be in nearly 100% agreement with either one.

I will openly admit my appreciation of the work of David Cloud. I have several of his books (and, no, they are not overpriced) and they have a great deal of valuable content. I will also openly admit that I keep Dr. Ruckman at a distance, not because of Cloud's comments, but primarily because of some of Dr. Ruckman's disciples' attitudes.

Just a note about emails to David. He has a weekly email newsletter. In one of the issues, he stated that he rarely responds to emails. He apparently receives a very large amount of mail, and so he has made a choice not to respond as a rule. He should be granted that right.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:31 PM

My one and only (odd) , exchange with Mr. Cloud, given my beliefs about the AV, it was in God's perfect plan to "use" the English (Anglican) Church, to complete THE ENGLISH Bible for English speaking people. (I am NOT saying the Anglican church is perfect AT ALL, then or now, you can find heretics in ANY branch of the Lord's Church, the Anglican Church "happened" to be in the right place at the right time in History and with the Holy Ghost an institute, to carry out this work: ANY-WHO, I was actually writing to both applaud and ask for clarification on an article (there are a few decent ones), well, he found I was Anglican, and began an attack (he attacks a LOT of people). NOTE: I NEVER said the Anglican Church "wrote" the AV. I stated that God simply used that branch of the Church....God has used individuals and groups of people to carry out His Divine will throughout History, who would argue that...) in any event, I was shoved aside after a few cordial emails on my part....strange...
Old 12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim
Just a note about emails to David. He has a weekly email newsletter. In one of the issues, he stated that he rarely responds to emails. He apparently receives a very large amount of mail, and so he has made a choice not to respond as a rule. He should be granted that right.
His rights are not in question. But my friend in prison did not write him an e-mail; he wrote him a two-page, single-spaced, typewritten letter, and sent it snail mail. Prison inmates don't have Internet access.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:43 PM

Please understand that I am not supporting David's lack of communication, I am simply indicating that he has explained his reasons. Interestingly, one of his emails this week addressed this very issue.

David Cloud and Peter Ruckman both have similar problems. They both are at the forefront of the KJB fight and therefore draw heavy fire from all sides. They both are very likely overwhelmed with incoming letters, electronic and otherwise. David estimated that he could spend 4 hours a day just responding to emails. And to top it all, both of them have hair-trigger tempers and sharp tongues/pens. Neither shows much in the way of humility when challenged.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 PM

That's interesting, since Cloud's beef with Ruckman is Ruckman's "Bad Attitude" and "Temper"
Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
That's interesting, since Cloud's beef with Ruckman is Ruckman's "Bad Attitude" and "Temper"
LOL, why doesn't this suprise me.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-02-2008, 10:27 PM

After thinking about brother Cloud and his ministry I've decided to subscribe to his newsletter. If his view that women shouldn't wear pants is the only real complaint that people have against him, then I can deal with that (I for one agree with him on this). I can also deal with his complaints against Ruckman. I love Ruckman and will continue to be a student of his writtings, but Ruckman isn't free of undesirable qualities, so his objections to the man aren't really any sort of suprise. The only thing I can find out about brother Cloud that I'm not very fond of is that his views on the AV1611 aren't as staunch as mine are. I agree 100% with Ruckman when it comes to the KJV. Anywho, I think I will add some Cloud books to my library when the funds permit, and I'll share my thoughts on his them when I get to that point.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 AM

Dr. Cloud, along with Dr. Waite and others, believe that the King James Bible is the only acceptable English Bible, not because they believe the Book itself has authority, but that it derives its authority from (in Cloud's case) the Textus Receptus, and in Waite's case, the "Divine Originals."

I've refrained from getting involved because of past disagreements with those that hold strongly with him and his teachings; on the last board I got banned from (last in a long line ), many of the people firmly believed basically everything the man wrote and said, so it was difficult to have a truly Biblical discussion since they always posted stupid links to his articles or outright pasted them, which is verboten in the header on every page of his site. Basically Bro. Cloud seems to suffer from a touch of arrogance, as he, like others on the aforementioned board, tend to feel like they have all the doctrine laid out and settled, and as such refuse to contemplate the possibility that they are wrong on something. Whether it's his obsession with the attire of women (why's he looking in the first place?!?) or his insistence that the King James is simply an "edition of the TR," he seems to simply refuse to entertain the concept that he could be wrong. Add that to the fact that he outright lies about Dr. Ruckman, and goes out of his way to slander him, as well as takes Doc's words out of context to further discredit him, and you can see why I don't put much stock in what he says, though I don't go out of my way to attack him.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Dr. Cloud, along with Dr. Waite and others, believe that the King James Bible is the only acceptable English Bible, not because they believe the Book itself has authority, but that it derives its authority from (in Cloud's case) the Textus Receptus, and in Waite's case, the "Divine Originals."

I've refrained from getting involved because of past disagreements with those that hold strongly with him and his teachings; on the last board I got banned from (last in a long line ), many of the people firmly believed basically everything the man wrote and said, so it was difficult to have a truly Biblical discussion since they always posted stupid links to his articles or outright pasted them, which is verboten in the header on every page of his site. Basically Bro. Cloud seems to suffer from a touch of arrogance, as he, like others on the aforementioned board, tend to feel like they have all the doctrine laid out and settled, and as such refuse to contemplate the possibility that they are wrong on something. Whether it's his obsession with the attire of women (why's he looking in the first place?!?) or his insistence that the King James is simply an "edition of the TR," he seems to simply refuse to entertain the concept that he could be wrong. Add that to the fact that he outright lies about Dr. Ruckman, and goes out of his way to slander him, as well as takes Doc's words out of context to further discredit him, and you can see why I don't put much stock in what he says, though I don't go out of my way to attack him.
Yeah, I'm not fond of what I've read on his page in regards to Ruckman. Like I said previously Ruckman isn't immune to character defaults, but I don't agree with bearing false witness against any of the brethren, and if Cloud does this it is unacceptable.

I'm going to hold off on commenting on this "why's he looking in the first place?!?"....

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 12-03-2008 at 03:25 PM.