Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Default What's Your Approach?

I want to know what's the more effective way to learn the KJV issue and it's manuscript evidence. What started my journey to the KJV is first learning that there are a bunch of vereses missing in the NIV Bible I was using. Then I read "Let's Weigh the Evidence" by Barry Burton. By then I was convinced by what the author presented. Then I read some small booklets written by Dr. Ruckman and his book on manuscript evidence. I think the last book I read a few years ago was "Final Authority" by Grady.
I still have a lot to learn as you can see. I want to know what books you would recommend for beginners? and for someone like me?
Thanks for your help.
Tim
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 PM

Crowned With Glory, The Bible from Ancient Text to Authorized Version
by Dr. Thomas Holland. (Available as a part of SwordSearcher.)

For Love of the Bible: The Battle for the King James Version and the Greek Received Text from 1800 to Present.
The fifth edition (October 2008) is revised and updated and fully illustrated. This book is available from Way of Life Literature, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143 (toll free), www.wayoflife.org (online catalog), fbns@wayoflife.org (e-mail).
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
I want to know what's the more effective way to learn the KJV issue and it's manuscript evidence. What started my journey to the KJV is first learning that there are a bunch of vereses missing in the NIV Bible I was using. Then I read "Let's Weigh the Evidence" by Barry Burton. By then I was convinced by what the author presented. Then I read some small booklets written by Dr. Ruckman and his book on manuscript evidence. I think the last book I read a few years ago was "Final Authority" by Grady.
I still have a lot to learn as you can see. I want to know what books you would recommend for beginners? and for someone like me?
Thanks for your help.
Tim
Aloha brother Boaz212,

The following are some links for a more in-depth examination of the "Which Bible" issue:

A letter outlining the "Which Bible" Controversy - which includes a partial list of several books covering the subject of "Which Bible".:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...3&postcount=69

I also have a short "synopsis" of many of the books covering the subject of "Which Bible". I have personally read every book that I have listed and if you are interested, you can find the list (with the synopsis) at this link:
http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/booklist.html

An essay on why I believe the King James Bible:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...78&postcount=1

Two essays by Moses LemuelRaj on "The Inspiration of Scripture:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1

The "synopsis" of the Books that I have read and studied might help you choose which book (books) to start with, etc.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM

I can testify that the essays by Moses LemuelRaj are a real blessing, as are many of the essays and studys on the old carmudgeon's site I have many printed off and on my bookshelf. http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com

The main page of Brandons site is also a great source of information and swordsearcher is simply the best bible study software there is ....period! and it contains as Tim mentioned some books on the manuscript evidence.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:46 PM

Thanks for all your feedback. Now I have lots of resources to go after to strengthen my knowledge in this area. God bless.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all your feedback. Now I have lots of resources to go after to strengthen my knowledge in this area. God bless.
Tim, the basics I would suggest is the three books by David Otis Fuller, both of Edward Hills books, and The Last Twelve Verses Of Mark and The Revision Revised by John W. Burgon. Donald Waite I think sells the reprints of Burgon. Ruckman's CHRISTIAN'S HANDBOOK OF MANUSCRIPT EVIDENCE and his book on Problem Texts that has been revised(added to, not changed)called ERRORS IN THE KJV.

You can read online another foundational book: CODEX B AND IT'S ALLIES by Hoskier, parts One and Two. Hit Amazon, you can find deals on used copies of these books.

Tim, check this out: Since Feb of this year, I have found 10 "anti-KJV Only" websites, all clones of each other In the same time I have found 250 "pro KJV" sites, all with different(complimentary) information. The Original Manuscript Frauds are outnumbered 25 to 1 by the truth.

Two of the best websites are Will Kenney at:
http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/

Also don't miss out on:
http://www.kjv-asia.com/

Will is a member of this forum and also there is a yahoo group, WHICH VERSION, that Will and I are members of.

Brother, spare no expense. Down the road, you may look at a whole shelf of books as you seek here and have 200 bucks in them.

They are worth 200, million.

Grace and peace to you.

Tony
Old 04-21-2009, 07:08 PM

Hey Brother

For quick reference to the history of the King James Bible
here is a chart to print and keep in the back of your Bible

Old 04-21-2009, 07:29 PM

Hi Tony, thanks for the additional links. I will be very busy for a while. Peopleoftheway, thanks so much for the chart, now I have to figure out how to print it out.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Hi Tony, thanks for the additional links. I will be very busy for a while. Peopleoftheway, thanks so much for the chart, now I have to figure out how to print it out.
Right click on it and "save image as" (firefox I use not sure about IE similar I think) to any location on your hard drive then just print as you would any image.

PS Dont try a digest large amounts of data regarding the texts, take it slow and steady, concentrate more on the Wonderful Book you have ordered and the words contained within, its very easy to get swept away with all of the evidence for the KJB and get sidetracked from reading the Book, believe me I know

God Bless
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Bro. Parrish

Love the chart, reminds me of Clarence Larkin...