Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
grace to me

[quote]

The cross was planned BEFORE God created this world, yet God still declared that He hates workers of iniquity - so it is not either/or.

Actually, what you are doing is overlooking Scripture to fit your theory - and that is not how we are to study the Bible. We are to compare spiritual things with spiritual, precept upon precept, line upon line. We are to rightly divide the Word of God - and if our conclusions omit or contradict other passages, then we have wrongly divided it, not rightly divided it.

amen

if we look up the word world in the dictionary , the primary meaning is the universe , the whole system of creation. it cannot be that for it would contradict scripture .
a secondary definition fits with scripture it is : a great multitude or quantity ,
as in the world of business, . If i said i was going on a world tour would that mean i was going to visit every single country on the planet or some select countrys not all inclusive ? lets take a look at how scripture defines the word world.

LK.2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

is this the whole world without exception or is is the world that ceaser augustus ruled ?

lk.16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

hear we have a comparison of children of this world , one group and children of light another group.

JN.12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world , but to save the world .

now did Jesus come to save the whole world or the world of his elect ?

JN14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

here is the Spirit of Truth ,whom the world cannot recieve , the word world here has to mean the nonelect.

JN.15:19 If ye were of the world , the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world , but I have chosen you out of the world , therefore the world hateth you.

if ye were of this world has to be God's elect because he has chosen us out of the world therefore the nonelect hate you .

JN. 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world : thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

men which thou gavest me out of the world , the world he gave them out of has to be the non-elect.

JN. 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world , but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

here we have Jesus Praying not for the world but for his elect ,two different groups. there are many more examples but i don't want to make this post to long . other words people trip up on are all ,save or saved , and a few others, you see how the word world isn't always to be taken by the primary meaning to do so will cause contradiction in God's Word.
jim