Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:41 PM

George, my earliest post on this thread, (p.1, #2) pointed out a place where, in my opinion, Dr. Ruckman stepped way out of line. Am I wrong? He is not criticizing some Bible-doubter, he is not ridiculing some self-righteous scholar. He was mocking innocent people to get a laugh. He did not do it off the cuff, letting his mouth speak before he thought (we have all done that), but he printed it in a pamphlet that would be ultimately read by countless Christians all around the world, including Poland. Unless he has publicly apologized, and agrees to remove that and any other offending jokes, then I consider it justified to point this out.

Do those jokes rise to out-of-line status for you? I feel that you will be sincere and not evasive as Atlas was.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
George, my earliest post on this thread, (p.1, #2) pointed out a place where, in my opinion, Dr. Ruckman stepped way out of line. Am I wrong? He is not criticizing some Bible-doubter, he is not ridiculing some self-righteous scholar. He was mocking innocent people to get a laugh. He did not do it off the cuff, letting his mouth speak before he thought (we have all done that), but he printed it in a pamphlet that would be ultimately read by countless Christians all around the world, including Poland. Unless he has publicly apologized, and agrees to remove that and any other offending jokes, then I consider it justified to point this out.

Do those jokes rise to out-of-line status for you? I feel that you will be sincere and not evasive as Atlas was.
I cannot condone or excuse these kind of jokes - I have heard brother Ruckman do this before - that is why I don't publicly recommend him to anyone - especially a "new born babe" in Christ.

A person has to be a "mature" Christian in order to "handle" brother Ruckman, and over the forty years I have known him I probably haven't recommended him to more than 6 Christian men - no women.

I'm sure that for whatever he does wrong, God will judge him - I don't condemn him, but I acknowledge it has hurt his ministry.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 PM

Thank you, George. I felt that I could trust your directness and honesty. You can understand why some of us feel compelled to speak against him. Whether we like it or not, when we KJBOs are debating the other side, we must sometimes have to deal with comparisons with Dr. Ruckman or Dr. Riplinger, because they are at the forefront of the battle.

As far as this topic is concerned, I am happy to put it to bed.

God's Grace be with you and your family.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browilder61 View Post
OK Jeff, I meant Jerry as far as the slander about Dr Ruckman's teaching, judged out of haste, sorry about that. Its not about whether or not you are with or against Dr Ruckman, its about do you believe and accept the AV 1611 as the final authority for the Christian in all matters of faith and practice, and do you rightly divide the word of truth as instructed in the KJV that you won't find in the modern versions.
Thank you Brother Wilder. I accept your apology, though I'm not sure I really had anything personal to take offense over in the first place. I think I understand why you stated what you said, plus I think you're fairly new here and there's over 80 posts already to try to keep straight. You pretty much need a program guide to keep straight who's who and who said what and not just who said who said what .

I *think* I can safely say that George, Brother Tim, Jerry, myself, in fact all I can remember who've posted on this thread, are ardent KJB defenders and believers, each whom I'm sure prayerfully seek guidance to rightly divide the Word. The KJB is infallible, none of us are. Perhaps if I remember that it will help me be more gracious to other believers, even (especially?) to those who have received false teaching from leaders who accept modern versions, at least some of us were in that position once.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, if you haven't been welcomed already .
Old 04-05-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
However, since I answered all of your questions (inquiries) I have a shorter list of questions to ask you. I had the "courtesy" to answer all of your questions, civilly I might add, I hope that when I post my questions, that you will have the same courtesy to answer mine (and you have been civil & courteous, so I don't have to insist on that.)
I'll attempt to properly answer any questions you may have, I may have to ask for your patience because I may have to limit my time for the next two or three days. I do thank you for your courtesy and civility and, if needed, patience. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:45 AM
browilder61

Thank You!!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:32 AM
browilder61

I hear you Jeff,

My point is that the BOOK, the text in the BOOK, any edition of the BOOK is the Christians final authority. When the Received Texts, Stephanus,Colinaeus,Beza,Elzevirs,Erasmus differ with one another, and they do, then what is your final authoirty? I can go to a Dollar Store or a Walmart and get mine.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
my earliest post on this thread, (p.1, #2) pointed out a place where, in my opinion, Dr. Ruckman stepped way out of line...He was mocking innocent people to get a laugh.
That's a pious way of putting it. He was "mocking (oh how could he?) innocent (whaaaa!) people" (those poor innocent people that no one respects).Big deal. Are you a lawyer by any chance?

I've been following this thread from the start and have yet to comment on it's origin, but this is enough. Do you see the last three letters in my last name? SKI!!! Yes, as in Polish, I'm Polish! Pole, Pollack, you name it, I've been called it, and Polish jokes...I've heard 'em all.

So now, I am the innocent person being viciously attacked by Dr. Ruckman's "tasteless and unnecessary" humor. Should I write him a letter demanding an apology? Or should I attack his race with every German joke in the book? Maybe I should complain and trash his name all over the internet because he printed a joke about my stock.

That kind of mentality is the garbage that is stinking up this world today. It's the "you're a god," and "have it YOUR way", and "no one can tell YOU what to do" attitude. Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Phil, Joel Osteen, and many more have been pumping America with this mindset so that no one in our nation can even laugh at a joke. Since when is being politically correct being godly? That mindset is from the lost world, not God or His Bible.

"You can't say that, you're offending me."

"You can't judge me."

Preachers can't even preach the truth from the pulpits anymore without half of their worldly congregation (instead of AMENing) thinking "he shouldn't have said it that way, someone's going to be offended." It stinks, it's from hell, and this mentality is overtaking the church. (and it's all over this forum)

Laodicean Christians are a bunch a whining, cry-babies that throw a fit as soon as their PRIDE is pinched.

Now, back to the jokes. The reason I did not get offended is because I can take a joke. That's all they were -JOKES. You're not to high and lifted up to be above simple humor are you? Any of you?

Don't come back with the "stumblingblock" speech or insist that the entire nation of Poland may go to hell as a result of the jokes. The truth is that it's the "strong" Christians that are crying about the jokes, not the weak or the lost. To you I say "GROW UP."

A joke, really, a joke about a Pollack being dumb. Wow. What about the drunken Irish jokes, they're pretty standard, and funny. I've heard the man tell German jokes along with a slew of other ethnic one-liners etc. It's not about Dr. Ruckman putting poor innocent people (the Poles) below the rest of the world, it's a matter of the worldly mindset that you're not allowed to say or even print anything that someone might find offense to. BOLOGNA.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:25 AM
jerry

When was the last time Jesus or one of the apostles made an ethnic joke? Just because your heart is obviously hardened doesn't make jokes like this acceptable to God or in line with His Word. When we are told to have our speach seasoned with salt, and let no corrupt words proceed from our mouths, you (or Ruckman) don't have a leg to stand on - no matter how much you try to justify it. It is not personal preference, it is sin.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:24 PM
timothy

Quote:
Timothy, there is one on that forum with whom I will not converse. His handle is steelmaker".

That's who I was talking about...