General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM
joshjefflawn

Default A heaven sent revival would be nice,

Hey there brothers and sisters in the Lord, I know I haven't been on here much latley and I must say I am sorry.
The end of this month we at Cornerstone Baptist Church in Springfield Oregon are gonna be haven an old time Revival. We are having Pastor Glen Stocker of Bible Believers Baptist Church of Armarillo Tx.
My hope and prayer is that the Lord Jesus would send a real heaven sent revivla, like thoughs of Billy Sunday, Dl Moody and George Whitfield.
So if you live some what near Eugene Oregon, you should set a date and come on down for some Good old fasion Bible preachin. Its gonna be a hoot. I will get the exact dates this weekend from my pastor.
May the Lord be Glorified and exalted. amen.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Doxa

Default Hello

Why, that is awesome! I wish I could be there...I am well far away from there.

I would like to ask you...what is the weather like where you live in Oregon...presuming you live near the Pacific Ocean coast??? I was there in August near Eugene many years ago, but what is the rest of the year like? I would love to know. I have such fond memories of the coast drive in Oregon; truly one of the prettiest places I had ever been to...especially around the Sea Lion cave area. I think of that place a lot.
But I would love to know what the rest of the year is like outside of August...

And I always heard that Oregon is quite liberal in thinking...are people getting saved up there? I also would like to know about your church.

I would love to hear any pleasant stories you may have.
God bless you in Jesus' Name.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
joshjefflawn

I have lived in Oregon since may of 1993, I moved up here from California. I have grown to love this state. The weather is really great all year, course that depends on how well you do in a climate that rains all the time. To summarize Oregons weather is to say, that we have about three months of Summer and nine months of rain. They say here in Oregon that, we don't tan, we rust. But really Oregon is a great state, as far as buity goes.
Oregons weather also depends on were you live. I live in the southern end of the Willamette Valley which extends from Portland down to Cottage Grove where I acctually live. In the Willamette Valley we get lots of rain through out the year. Thats what makes oregon so green. Oregon springs and summers are my favorite though. Now if you live south of Cottage grove say in Roseburg or Medford you'll get a warmer and dryer climate, If you go east of the cascades you'll find desert conditions.
As far as the people, actually if you get out side the big cities like Portland, Salem and Eugene and you get into some of the old logging towns and farm towns you will find a whole lot more normal conservative Americans. But the Big cities do have some of the most liberal people in the country. The sad part about oregon though is that it has never been much into the Lord. Infact the north west (Oregon Washington, and Idaho) has never had a true heaven sent revival. My church, Cornerstone Baptist Church, is the only indapendent Bible believeing Baptist church between Salem and Medford.
The Northwest is also a haven for the occult/cults and Queers. Spiritually it is extremley dark. It's really hard sometimes. When I got saved and began to follow the Lord I almost all of my friends. I am at odds with most of my family because of the stand I take for Gods holy book, the AV.
Having said that, God has been using our church alot latley. We are next door to an elementary and we have an early realese program and last year some 14 children recieved the Lord Jesus Christ as there savior. This last sunday we had 3 nehbor hood kids Come to the Lord Jesus Christ. We have started a Bible Institute called Cornerstone Bible Institute. Even though we are living in a mission field inside the US the Lord has been us greatly.
Well I hope that awnsered your questions, I know this, We have a great savior, and even though the world is slipping into hell we have him, and with him we can reach out and save as many people who will come with us to the saftey of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Doxa

Default Thank you Josh Jeff Lawn

That is awesome! Thanks ever so kindly for telling me what it is like in Oregon. I really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Ever more, as I look around, I think a lot of people are confused about their Bibles. I valued Ruckman's teaching on the YouTube that I watched the other day, it all concluded in an amazing conclusion and exhortation to teach or preach with a Bible that you trust! If you don't trust it, you better not be teaching it. I was delighted to realize so much truth about the falling away and the confusion that so many people have or had because all these translations brought much confusion and distrust. But what I really came to see is not "which translation", that was my question, but the question really is, "why the change?" This brought me to the reality, and how God gave us the KJV and we can trust it. I stand amazed at what God is showing me, daily.

I am so happy that you are helping these new converts on the right path. I hope they do not spend years of questing after bibles and trying to figure things out. So much energy spent, and not much accomplished.

Also, Oregon sounds beautiful, and I am sure you are making a big difference there. PTL.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:22 PM
joshjefflawn

Thanks, but it is the Lord who is doing all this. We at cornerstone Baptist are just faithful stewards of Gods word, and Instraments of Gods will. So thank the Lord Jesus Christ that we have such an oppertunity.
On the subject of other versions, I have a question for you. I have ran accross a few people who believe that all versions are the word of God. To quote my preacher "Let me Ax you a Question" If all these versions are the word of God, then why they have 200 different versions in there library and use all of them to study the word of God. I mean if my final athourity was in the NIV,RSV,ASV,NRSV (New Retarded Standard Version, ha ha) I would use every one of them when I read say John 3:16.
It is beyond obvious that the AV is Gods perfect inspired word. And we should not only read it, we should believe it. Amen.