Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant40 View Post
Wonderful! I have "The Identity of th NT text", but don't think I've heard of the others. Thank you.
Beth, I once had a collection of 2000 books pertaining to "religion". I think my first books on the KJV were my favorites and they were:

David Otis Fuller's 3 books.
Edward Hills 2 books
Dr. Ruckman's Manuscript Evidence book and Problem Texts(now known as "Errors In The KJV".
At the time(1994-95) I had ALL of Dr. Ruckman's Commentaries and all the KJV books.
Revision Revised and The Last Twelve Verses Of Mark by John W. Burgon.

Become aqquainted with the version issue but get into the Bible itself and see what God says about His word.

Grace and peace sister

Tony

I've read Gail Ripplinger but did not own the books
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-23-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

Become aqquainted with the version issue but get into the Bible itself and see what God says about His word.
Hi!

Oh, no worries Tony! I'm familiar with the Bible version issue - and have a small selection of good books on it - not near as many as you though! Always looking for other information I don't have , or books that would be good for me to give to others. I cherish the Word of God and spend time daily in it. Praise God that we live in a time where not only can the whole Bible be in each home, but each person can have their own.

I think I will have to check out Ruckman's book. I have not read any of his books because of the controversy I heard surrounding him. Many people here are recommending him, so I seem to be long overdue in reading His work.

Thank you for your knowledge, recomendations and sweet spirit.
in Christ
your sis Beth
Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondservant40 View Post
Hi!

Oh, no worries Tony! I'm familiar with the Bible version issue - and have a small selection of good books on it - not near as many as you though! Always looking for other information I don't have , or books that would be good for me to give to others. I cherish the Word of God and spend time daily in it. Praise God that we live in a time where not only can the whole Bible be in each home, but each person can have their own.

I think I will have to check out Ruckman's book. I have not read any of his books because of the controversy I heard surrounding him. Many people here are recommending him, so I seem to be long overdue in reading His work.

Thank you for your knowledge, recomendations and sweet spirit.
in Christ
your sis Beth
Dr. Ruckman has a very cut and dried personality. He's a southerner like me, and he and I understand each other as far as "southern" things go. Brother Ruckman has some weird ideas on race. I have a "weird" idea on it too. There are three races of man on earth, they are not Negro, Oriental, and Caucasian, they are Jew, Gentile, and church of God. I had one man follow me up the street from the protest against the Last Temptation Of Christ movie where I ridiculed them. His name was Mark. He was blacker than a piece of coal, he was United Methodist. He came up the street with me on the street ministry. He wept when we went into the bar and picked up the tracts he handed out that were thrown on the floor. Mark was built like a bodybuilder, he had bigger biceps that me, I am, among other things, a former construction worker. Mark stood next to me when I took the knife out of the biker's hand who was gonna stab one of our workers and I did it like you take a straw out of a soft drink. Calmly and deliberately. I thanked God for Mark that night. Some of Doc Ruckman's followers think they need to parrot him and would not have appreciated Mark hugging me as a brother that night when we were done or me hugging him back. I never saw Mark again after that night. One of the others had his phone number and the group has scattered.

My point is Dr. Ruckman can be tiring at times, ignore his personal opinions and stick with his scholarship and his fervor for Christ and for the word of God. The sheer volume of his writings, his commentaries, his recordings and personal appearances, are mind-numbing. Not bad for an 89 year old man who was not saved till he was 27.

I appreciate and thank you for being here Beth, for you questions, your comments, your edification of others. Spread His words, they will not return unto Him void.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 AM

Amen Tony. What a beautiful testimony! I agree with you on the race issue. I don't see skin color. I only see "salvation" or the lack of it.

As for Dr. Ruckman speaking like a southerner, I grew up in the heart of the south, so maybe his books would be a good fit for me too.

God bless you
Old 06-08-2009, 12:27 PM

Okay - ordered my "newest" KJB defense book to add to the collection (or later, give away if I think they'll really read it .

Lots of great suggestions here and there were several I had not read yet. But decided to start with Ruckman's "Manuscript Evidence".

Thanks ya'll!!! God bless
Old 06-08-2009, 02:17 PM

Default Recommended reading

Good thread.
Besides all the others mentioned, I really like "Which Bible Can We Trust?" Compiled by Les Garrett.
Even Otis Fuller D.D. was glad that Les was taking a strong stand upon the Holy word of God.
There is a short history of how we got our Bible.
Showing how both sides of the issue look at things.
He deals with the Greek text of the AV.
Has a couple good tidbits by Burgon & Mauro, Hoskier & Hills.
He includes a section on the JW's original AV Bible with instructions on crossing out words and verses.
They match Tischendorf's corruptions.
The last 70 pages is a concordance showing all the omissions from the various Bibles. He compares 6 other Bibles. RV,Amp.,NIV, NWT, D-R, GNFMM.
PeterAV
Every word of God is pure:
Old 06-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Peter - that sounds very interesting! I'll have to keep that one in mind - thank you.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:25 PM

KJV books on the net:

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjvdefen.htm

http://www.purewords.org/kjb1611/html/holland.htm

http://kjv.landmarkbiblebaptist.net/KJVmyths-intro.html

http://www.christianmissionconnectio...dy_topics.html
(Look under Why we use the Authorized King James Version of the Holy Scriptures)
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 PM

Default my 2 favorites

Hi sis Beth,

1) I highly recommend Gipp's Understandable History of the Bible by Samuel C. Gipp, Th.D.

An excellent, comprehensive 500+ page book that reviews history and how we can be certain that the KJV is the ONLY true, perfect, and inspired Word of God in the English language today.

Lots and lots of EVIDENCE there, very clearly and carefully explained.

2) Honoring the King James Bible: Exposing the Modern English Bible Versions as Counterfeits by Dr. Solomon M. Aordkian.

I don't know if this book is still available in print. I bought it as a large format -8.5 x 11 - paperback book. I bought it years ago and don't remember where I got it from. I've searched for it since and don't find it. I recently mailed a snail-mail letter to Dr. Aordkian (he's a Chiropractic doctor in Connecticut) asking where his book is available for purchase or how it could be shared electronically, because Dr. Aordkian (in his book), encourages anyone to reproduce it freely and share it with others. I will let this forum know if and when I hear back from Dr. Aordkian regarding this.

May you be blessed in your reading, sis!

Jassy
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Thanks for these links, brother Craig!

Jassy