General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shofar View Post
Hi Rolando, yea, related by blood from an Israelite on my Mom's side of the family. I'm not sure the details of it all, but my Mom keeps a detailed record of our family tree & it does tie with Israel. What tribe? I don't know, it was well before my time. Ok, I'll keep that in mind. I'm not good with Hebrew in terms of discerning exact words, but you do make a good point, I'll do more research on the subject, thank you.
Can I ask you another question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. How did your the Jewish part of your family take it when they find out you've become a Christian? The reason I ask is because I heard stories before of Jewish Christians who's families don't take it pretty well.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
Can I ask you another question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. How did your the Jewish part of your family take it when they find out you've become a Christian? The reason I ask is because I heard stories before of Jewish Christians who's families don't take it pretty well.
Not at all, distance & generation stood between that part of the family from influencing me toward Jewish tradition. Beyond knowing of that side from our family tree, I wasn't part of their life. I was raised as an American from my Dad's side of the family & attended the Methodist church in my youth, of which I was completely oblivious to the scriptures beyond mass on Sunday. Dark days now that I think back, but the choice to accept Jesus Christ & my Lord & Savior was my own without any outside meddling.

Well, I can only speculate that I most likely wouldn't be well received if I ever decide to seek them out, probably better if things stayed as they are.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Not at all, distance & generation stood between that part of the family from influencing me toward Jewish tradition. Beyond knowing of that side from our family tree, I wasn't part of their life. I was raised as an American from my Dad's side of the family & attended the Methodist church in my youth, of which I was completely oblivious to the scriptures beyond mass on Sunday. Dark days now that I think back, but the choice to accept Jesus Christ & my Lord & Savior was my own without any outside meddling.

Well, I can only speculate that I most likely wouldn't be well received if I ever decide to seek them out, probably better if things stayed as they are.
Probably better if you gave them the gospel, because without it they're going to Hell. I'd at least send them som Jewish oriented tracts in the mail. Anything to win them to Christ.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Probably better if you gave them the gospel, because without it they're going to Hell. I'd at least send them som Jewish oriented tracts in the mail. Anything to win them to Christ.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
The power of prayer is just as effective, & if the Lord gives me commandment to actually seek them out, i shall do so. Hell is a very disturbing subject for me & I am fully aware of what awaits the unsaved, all the accounts I have read describe a terrible place that I would never wish upon anyone, no matter how evil they treat me. There isn't a moment that I pray for the deliverance & understanding of all that I love & care for & when given opportunity, I speak it plainly & warn them within the limits of what they will allow, for some do not like to hear the truth spoken, for whatever reason that is in their hearts. However, I do know this much for certain, that the Lord's will is moving with great power over all the earth & they the Lord knows shall hear, shall be brought to the truth before the end.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
The power of prayer is just as effective, & if the Lord gives me commandment to actually seek them out, i shall do so. Hell is a very disturbing subject for me & I am fully aware of what awaits the unsaved, all the accounts I have read describe a terrible place that I would never wish upon anyone, no matter how evil they treat me. There isn't a moment that I pray for the deliverance & understanding of all that I love & care for & when given opportunity, I speak it plainly & warn them within the limits of what they will allow, for some do not like to hear the truth spoken, for whatever reason that is in their hearts. However, I do know this much for certain, that the Lord's will is moving with great power over all the earth & they the Lord knows shall hear, shall be brought to the truth before the end.
Hi brother. I think you are on the right path. I've learned that with family we can allow our zeal to evangelize do more damage than good.

It is not a small matter to utter the truth when the Holy Spirit guides you. As a word of caution and exhortation; we all need to be careful not to neglect sharing the unfeigned word of truth when the Spirit tugs at our heart and prompts us to do so. Keep a "hot heart" by loving the Lord Jesus and...
"...sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (1 Peter 3:15).
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Hi brother. I think you are on the right path. I've learned that with family we can allow our zeal to evangelize do more damage than good.

It is not a small matter to utter the truth when the Holy Spirit guides you. As a word of caution and exhortation; we all need to be careful not to neglect sharing the unfeigned word of truth when the Spirit tugs at our heart and prompts us to do so. Keep a "hot heart" by loving the Lord Jesus and...
"...sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (1 Peter 3:15).
Thank you, Forrest.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Right, but you could send them something anonymously. I'd recommend that you send them something from http://askdrbrown.org. Prayer is very important, and you obviously should keep that up. But I just want to help you reach them because I love the Jews. I wanna make sure someone reaches your family, because the chances are, someone that doesn't know they're Jewish will give them a basic tract that won't address any objections they may have. Therefore, someone needs to send them something that would do just that.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 AM

Tiny note: That Dr.Brown guy, although he may be tackling some issues, and has a heart for Israel, is a Pentecostal, failing to rightly divide.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainBibleBeliever514 View Post
Tiny note: That Dr.Brown guy, although he may be tackling some issues, and has a heart for Israel, is a Pentecostal, failing to rightly divide.
Right, but he's the only guy I've heard take on any rabbi willing to debate with him. He's a smart guy that knows Israelites and their flawed arguments.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 AM

My son and his wife just recently purchased KJV Bibles and as he was leaving church,he dropped it and the man that picked it up, began getting quite snooty about it.
He became challenging toward my 27yearold son on his preferred version of the Bible.It was such a blessing that my son and his wife had recently been seeing a DVD that I had on comparisons of Bible versions.That made them give up their NIV's without any input from me,they were convinced themselves.
Another two men approached him and they were on the defensive too,infact one said he had found himself,sixteen errors in the King James Bible..my son has asked him to give him a list so he can check it for himself.

Gosh the KJV get's reactions alright.

I'M EMBARRASSED...I THOUGHT I WAS POSTING ON A KJV TOPIC I SAW....SORRY FOLKS!