Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:27 PM

Default "Coming Out"

(bold emphasis mine)

Believers are to "come out", but ours is a separation(sanctification-to be set apart)from sin in our walk of service:

"Wherefore come outfrom among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 2 Cor. 6:17

"Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD." Isaiah 52:11

Many confuse physical separation from the biblical command, not suggestion, to be spiritually separate from sin, and spiritually separate from unbelievers, and spiritually separate from believers who walk according to the world. For example, regarding "spirital joining" with unbelievers, as it is written:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2 Cor. 6:14

A believer is not commanded to separate physically from human society, or from the world itself:

"I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world". 1 Cor. 5:9,10

The believer is not called to separation physically from all association with unregenerate and sinful men; he is permitted to have civil association, even with fornicators, covetous, extortioners and idolaters....... But he is forbidden to regard such as acceptable within Christian fellowship, and is commanded to separate from all participation in the sins of the world=spiritual separation. This includes separation in our doctrine, our "walk", our words and deeds, and our fellowship.

In and with Christ,
In the Lord,

John M. Whalen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWHALEN View Post
(bold emphasis mine)

Believers are to "come out", but ours is a separation(sanctification-to be set apart)from sin in our walk of service:

"Wherefore come outfrom among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 2 Cor. 6:17

"Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD." Isaiah 52:11

Many confuse physical separation from the biblical command, not suggestion, to be spiritually separate from sin, and spiritually separate from unbelievers, and spiritually separate from believers who walk according to the world. For example, regarding "spiritual joining" with unbelievers, as it is written:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2 Cor. 6:14

A believer is not commanded to separate physically from human society, or from the world itself:

"I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world". 1 Cor. 5:9,10

The believer is not called to separation physically from all association with unregenerate and sinful men; he is permitted to have civil association, even with fornicators, covetous, extortioners and idolaters....... But he is forbidden to regard such as acceptable within Christian fellowship, and is commanded to separate from all participation in the sins of the world=spiritual separation. This includes separation in our doctrine, our "walk", our words and deeds, and our fellowship.

In and with Christ,
In the Lord,

John M. Whalen
Some additional scriptures on the subject.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 says, “Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.”

2 Thessalonians 3:14 admonishes, “And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.”

Romans 16:17 warns, “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

1 Thessalonians 5:22 exhorts, "Abstain from all appearance of evil."
Old 11-01-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWHALEN View Post
(bold emphasis mine)

Many confuse physical separation from the biblical command, not suggestion, to be spiritually separate from sin, and spiritually separate from unbelievers, and spiritually separate from believers who walk according to the world. For example, regarding "spirital joining" with unbelievers, as it is written:

In and with Christ,
In the Lord,

John M. Whalen
AMEN! GREAT POST! I was thinking about this not long ago, I was "challenged" on whether a Christian could be friend with a non-believer (it was in regard to the fact I have a Jewish friend), my argument (using Paul), was that there is some irony, the Christian is FORBIDDEN to hold company with those who "call" themselves belivers....but are not in thought, word and deed, you are not forbidden to have, say a Jewish friend as LONG as you do not compromise or water down your faith for the sake of the friendship and secondly you hold a good witness in your words and in your walk. Thank you for posting that! I was thinking about it not long ago. Blessings.