General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
What's a "Landmarker"?
The teaching of "old landmarkism", otherwise known as the "Bride" Baptists Jen and was founded in the 1850s most notably by a man named JR Graves. The Bride Baptists believe the present Body of Christ:

1.Began with John The Baptist("John was the first Baptist") and can be traced historically all the way to him.
2.The Body of Christ is composed of exclusively members who can be seen or attend certain churches, which by coincidence, are Bride Baptist Churches. They teach that the "invisible church" , the "universal church" is "Catholic doctrine" and that the Body of Christ can be found nowhere outside the Bride Churches. I know this becasue I attended one for 2 years, one of the largest and most noted in IFB circles in this country. They also treated me like a knothole in the pews because I never "...obeyed the Lord and came forward to submit to following the Lord in Believers Water Baptism as a profession of my faith..." which is Article One of the CHRISTIAN TALMUD.
3. Briders claim that the Body of Christ is also the "bride" of Christ. The "bride of Christ" does not yet exist, and is Restored Beliving Israel as the Scriptures say, the Scriptures say the Body of Christ, us, are members of the Groom's Body

The "bride" Baptist movement was born around the same time in the 1800s as the Church of Christ was being "restored", the Mormon Church was being "restored", and the SDAs were being "restored", the difference in the Bride movement is that it is composed largely of saved Christians yet their church organization, doctrine, practices, and history are about 1/2 inch to the right of the Church Of Christ.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-09-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
The teaching of "old landmarkism", otherwise known as the "Bride" Baptists Jen and was founded in the 1850s most notably by a man named JR Graves. The Bride Baptists believe the present Body of Christ:

1.Began with John The Baptist("John was the first Baptist") and can be traced historically all the way to him.
2.The Body of Christ is composed of exclusively members who can be seen or attend certain churches, which by coincidence, are Bride Baptist Churches. They teach that the "invisible church" , the "universal church" is "Catholic doctrine" and that the Body of Christ can be found nowhere outside the Bride Churches. I know this becasue I attended one for 2 years, one of the largest and most noted in IFB circles in this country. They also treated me like a knothole in the pews because I never "...obeyed the Lord and came forward to submit to following the Lord in Believers Water Baptism as a profession of my faith..." which is Article One of the CHRISTIAN TALMUD.
3. Briders claim that the Body of Christ is also the "bride" of Christ. The "bride of Christ" does not yet exist, and is Restored Beliving Israel as the Scriptures say, the Scriptures say the Body of Christ, us, are members of the Groom's Body

The "bride" Baptist movement was born around the same time in the 1800s as the Church of Christ was being "restored", the Mormon Church was being "restored", and the SDAs were being "restored", the difference in the Bride movement is that it is composed largely of saved Christians yet their church organization, doctrine, practices, and history are about 1/2 inch to the right of the Church Of Christ.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Tony,

I didn't know one single thing about this so now I know 100% more than I did before I read you post. Thanks!

Jen
Old 06-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Tony,

I didn't know one single thing about this so now I know 100% more than I did before I read you post. Thanks!

Jen
Well, this is Mr' R's thread of introduction, I'll conclude by saying a man name of Bob Ross(a KJV critic also)did publish two quite excellent little books, heavily documented from historic sources, on both the Campbellite Church Of Christ and The Bride Movement of JR Graves.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 06-09-2009, 11:46 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I spent some time reviewing many threads before registering, so I was aware of the pool I was wading into. I am primarily interested in the matter of the KJV as being the definitive Scripture as I have been studying the topic for a few months. Given that bibleprotector and Will Kinney post here, I thought this was a good place for me to "dig deeper".

Lastly, to chette777: I left the Jesuits over twenty years ago. I was labeled a heretic while in the Order for my Jansenist position. I have denounced the RCC as an apostate body and fully subscribe to the WCF, which clearly names the Pope as an Antichrist. I don't know if that will assuage your suspicians of my motivations, but it is easy enough to find what I have written and posted elsewhere. Brother, I know what I am protesting as a Protestant and hope that you will come to see that in me as time passes.

Cheers,
AMR
Old 06-10-2009, 02:43 AM

AMR,

I am not suspicious of you. I just mentioned about a man here claiming to be an ex-Jesuit. but boy oh boy he sure does act like a Jesuit.

I haven't had time to visit your site yet.

keep up the cause brother
Old 06-10-2009, 11:25 AM

Default Hello again.

Hi "A.M.R.". Welcome again. You did nothing wrong--- no reason for you to think you said anything to apologize for.

Your bio is interesting. I was curious as to what was the "spark" or "sound" or "nudge" that got you to start questioning Rome and the Vatican and the R.C. system ? There is a book ( published by Banner of Truth Trust IIRC) titled "Near to God - Far from Rome" . It has testimonies of former R.C. folks who left, and are now Biblical Christians. Have you seen it ?

BTW - It was also good to see your post as I had seen on monday night a program called "Journey Home" on EWTN ( a R.C. TV network) in which former non-R.C.s and former Protestants tell why they converted to R.C.ism. Don't know if you have seen the program. They almost all seem like nice folks, but... they seem to be a tad short on Bible thinking/knowledge , and instead rely on the idea that Rome is an old group... so it must be "true".
Old 06-10-2009, 07:34 PM

I have not read the book or seen the program, PB1789.

While a young Jesuit, my father confessor was a closet Jansenist who got me thinking more about justification and "free will". He remained in the order telling me that he preferred to work within RCC rather than leave. I could not do so, feeling led to leave the order before I took the final vows after a seven year journey. Once I tasted the true Good News, there was no choice for me and I have never looked back.

AMR
Old 06-11-2009, 01:25 PM

Hi AMR, thanks for your encouraging testimony. A warm welcome to the forum!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
The only time I have ever seen you post is to "back up" one of your reformed brethren, and take stabs at the right dividers...

There are no arminians on this board. When they come, they get deleted real quick, because they can't stop blabbing about losing your salvation. I don't think there are any landmarkers either.
I realize this is an older post, but, I was looking for discussions on Calvinism vs. other doctrines.

Please define, right dividers, and arminians. Please give contrasting definitions.

Last edited by biblereader; 06-21-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
my Jansenist position. I have denounced the RCC as an apostate body and fully subscribe to the WCF, which clearly names the Pope as an Antichrist.
Cheers,
AMR
Please, in layman's terms, what is a Jansenist?

As far as the Roman Catholic church, I'm learning about it, slowly, as I plod through book after book, and the more I know about it, the more I see the RCC as being a key player in end time prophecy. I realize that's probably a no brainer comment, but, I say that, in light of the ferocious loyalty MANY Catholics have to their faith.
What has bothered me through the years, is, how lost people and some Christians, equate born again Christians with the Crusades. IMO, if a person is born again, they will not adhere to the RCC religion. It's not supported by Holy Scripture at all. What makes them so loyal? Even the ones who were not brought up, from infancy, in the RCC, even the older converts, are
staunch in their allegiance!