Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2009, 04:46 PM

Sorry, folks... I need to do a little catching up....

Bro. Parrish asked:
Quote:
Bro. Tim, how did Jesus get on Earth as a human child?
When I mentioned this discussion to my mom, who had asked what the latest hot topic was, I mentioned that some might even try to compare the miraculous conception of the LORD Jesus with the Genesis 6 event. She nearly ripped my head off, and we're on the same side! To even vocalize that heresy about put her into a fit! There is so much horrible about the implications of your question that I cannot answer it and remain decent.

-------------

Winman said:
Quote:
Now if angels could take on a physical body as these two angels did, it is also completely possible that the "sons of God" in Gen. 6 were also angels that took on the physical form of man and mated with women. The children born would be flesh, they would be men.
You are stepping out into speculation and at the same time making a counter argument to the "fallen angel" side. Angels who took on the form of man and had human characteristics were doing so as messengers of God. They were "on duty". IF your last sentence is true, then their offspring would be no different than any other child. They would not be half-breeds. You defeat the very argument being made by the pro-giant folks.

Also, regarding the "seed" of the serpent, Jesus said of His adversaries, "Ye are of your father the devil". (John 8:44) It IS a spiritual and not physical seed. They bruised Jesus' heel.

---------------

Greenbear used the Jude and 2 Peter passages which do not connect overtly to the Genesis 6 event. The "sin" of the angels is not defined in either passage. We do know that angels were involved in Satan's rebellion. I believe that this is what is being addressed in these passages. Additionally, would you not think that their "crime" would have been addressed at that time, at least a hint? God was angry at MEN!! (v3,5) WHY?!?!

NOTE: I saw later that some others have repeated these verses, zeroing in on "estate" and "habitation" as evidence. Angels joined with satan in his rebellion. Those phrases could just as easily fit that event.

---------
From Bro. Parrish's post #76:

My response to his points:

1. My Bible does not have Nephilim in Genesis 6. My Bible is my final authority.

2. None of the verses that contain the phrase "sons of God" have the word "angel" in them. You must make an interpretation based on your understanding. The Scriptures themselves DO NOT make the connection.

3. Now you reverse your argument. "Sethites were never called the 'sons of God'." See response #2 above.... Neither were angels.

I make my connection with this: (underlining mine)
Quote:
Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God
------------

From Luke's post #79:

My responses to his points:

1. Regarding "There is no such thing as a godly line of anyone."
Quote:
Malachi 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
2. Regarding "A 'saved', 'righteous' or 'godly' person does not have gigantic children, anywhere in scripture." For the umpteenth time. Genesis 6:1-5 does not say that the "giants" were the offspring. Read the verse without modification! Look at the sentence connections.

3. Regarding "If seth is so godly, why did he do this thing, and why is everyone judged for it?" WHAT THING?!?

Sorry for some scattering... more posts came in while I was composing. I am posting without proofreading to avoid further posts sneaking in.