Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Presswood View Post
I'll be honest with you good people; I think I may have made an incorrect assumption about this forum. I thought surely, absent the attacks and criticism of the anti-KJV crowd, we could have some wonderful fellowship and edifying discussions. I see that you are busy here attacking one another and not the issues at all. If I wanted to fight, I could have that on the other forums.
I apologize you had to hear it Bro. Presswood, but this has been brewing for a while. George has taken it upon himself to be the "growling grandaddy" of the forum, and as you can see he will now begin to attack me just a viciously as he has many others. This sets an example for others to follow. It's an ugly pattern, but someone eventually has to draw a line and stand up to internet bullies.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-05-2009, 06:57 PM

BroPresswood,

This is a good site.

but we have those who are immature spiritually and often Proverbs 12:18 There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.

George,

I am sorry for the actions of some of the brethren.

I understand Presswood's concern as some members are constantly on the attack and negative to anything said.

I think Tim thought you might be able to clear up the mess a little with some timely wisdom. and you did. this issue is not worth losing fellowship over. I was quite taken at their quick attack over what I believed and then they post that is is wrong to attack someone for what they believe.

Anyway, I tried to keep civil as I know you try to.

I gave those two Romans 15:1 as a reference in another thread when they started a heated debate and personal attacks. what did I get? attacked and accused and other things. I give up on the one and pray.

Brother Presswood, don't let a few bad apple ruin your bushel of hope here.

AND BROPARRISH,

OH MY FLESH IS RILED AT THIS MOMENT FOR WHAT YOU JUST POSTED ABOUT BROTHER GEORGE. I WILL LOG OUT TO GO BE WITH THE LORD UNTIL THIS PASSES
Old 07-05-2009, 07:25 PM

Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

Proverbs 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

Shall we get back to Noah and Ham ---Noah's Curse?
Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Default Re: " Noah and Ham--Noah's Curse"

Quote:
I'll be honest with you good people; I think I may have made an incorrect assumption about this forum. I thought surely, absent the attacks and criticism of the anti-KJV crowd, we could have some wonderful fellowship and edifying discussions. I see that you are busy here attacking one another and not the issues at all. If I wanted to fight, I could have that on the other forums.

Aloha brother Presswood,

I too want to apologize for these "happenings", but this has been brewing for some time, and the only thing I ask is that you examine the Posts and "judge righteous judgment" in this matter.

Brother Parrish says he's NOT "angry" at me - then WHY did he go off on a "RANT" on me and start calling me names, over a Post that I made to brother Tim? And WHY did he "DRAG" brother Chette Nichols name in on his "RANT", and denigrate brother Chette - when he wasn't even mentioned in my Post?

For some time brother Parrish has been "ragging" on a few of us on the AV1611 Bible Forums (brother tonybones; brother Chette Nichols; and myself). When he no longer can defend his beliefs with Scripture, he starts to get "personal", and begins to make "unfounded accusations", and ends up "calling people names".

If you check brother Parrish's personal "profile" on the AV1611 Bible Forums, you will see that, although he has only been a member of the Forum (joined (since 10/25/08) for about half of the time that I have been a member (joined 03/07/08), he has Posted 937 Posts (3.70 Posts per day) to my 860 Posts (1.77 Posts per day), or in other words brother Parrish is posting more than TWICE AS MANY Posts per day than I am, and if you examine many of those Posts they are filled with "personal attacks"; "slander"; "name calling"; and "personal invective" against a few of the brethren who have been active on the Forum. This latest "RANT" is quite typical of those "personal attacks".

It is my hope that you will stick around and examine our Threads and Posts to see if what I say is true. I have read some of your Posts, and I believe that you would be a welcome addition to the Forum.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:22 PM

Parish,

Parish, you have led threads off topic and have attacked peoples character, cursed and blessed in the same sentence, and have shown you are unrepentant of your childish antics.

I will not share with you what was going on in my heart an hour ago, for it is a shame that you would provoke such feelings in people and you should be the one who is ashamed of your conduct over the last few months on this forum. but you seem to glory in your immaturity, slander and false accusations.

Parish And Custer,

Apparently neither of you can judge with righteous judgement when reading any mans words. And as you have taken offense of George's word's when in fact no offense should have been taken by either of you.

Not just once but on many occasions because you read into someone's post without considering the fact that you don't have their intonation, eye contact, body language or emotions to help you make the right mental judgement as to the person's attitude or tone.

i.e. I quote my words from thread "Kent Hovind update" . . . "be careful of man worship" to which Parish replied that I accused him of worshipping men. when in fact it was a warning, not an accusation. there are plenty more examples for any that would like to search and see on many of the places Parish has posted.

George has been civil in every response including those where his rile shows through. and any man with any spiritual fortitude and knowledge would and should be able to see that.

George has studied his Bible for many years and quite possibly a lot more many hours than either of you two ingrates have spent in twice your life times put together.

And anyone who would laugh for over an hour at anything that was posted shows his true spiritual worth to be childish and immature.

I suggest the two of you grow up in the Lord.

Brother Presswood,

I agree with George stick around you can be a benefit and a blessing to us here who are mature enough to desire daily growth and identity in Christ.

Last edited by chette777; 07-05-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
If you've gone through lots of forums, I'm sure you've noted that without a very heavy hand of a moderator, most forum activity is driven by disagreement.

The rest of this post is to the plural "you," not specifically Bro. Presswood.

I, too, am less than pleased with the amount of vitriol present in many posts here, but I learned a long time ago that merely settling on the KJV as one's final authority doesn't automatically fix men up.

However, I do think that the most hard-edge posting tends to be limited to a few contentious threads, like this one, where people are being forced to examine how much of their own bigotry they have read into Scripture. (A side note: if the preceding sentence immediately makes you want to defend yourself, you are too sensitive. I am not singling anyone out.)

There is an option -- someone who routinely dislikes posts from a particular individual can easily ignore them by viewing their profile and clicking "add to your ignore list."

I'm trying to walk a fine line here. I don't want to ban people just because I disagree with them (I'd be the only one left here if I did) or because they post in a certain "tone" I don't like. I also don't want a "free for all" forum.

I have seriously considered, several times, taking the whole forum off-line because I am concerned that it doesn't do anything to help the purpose of av1611.com. And then I get a new post from brother Will or brother Forrest that reminds me why I started the forum in the first place.

I suppose the bottom line is that the benefits are outweighing the drawbacks, and I really don't have the time to be a forum nanny anyway. I know some people will not find it enjoyable to participate here if I am not acting as a referee between certain folks, but I don't have the time or inclination to do that, and the only other option is to close the board, which I don't want to do.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Greetings brother...I'm not saying anything you don't already know, but I do wish to put you in remembrance of these things.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

We are not ignorant of the devils devices. He always seeks to destroy, conquer, and divide. You've got the Spirit and therefore can discern the truth. I hope you choose to stick around.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Pastor Bob,

I think your first impression that caused you to register on this forum was the right one. I believe you caught us having a bad day. I have been helped tremendously by this board in getting back on track in my Christian walk. There is fellowship and edifying discussion to be found here. Generally, I have found the active members to have love one for another. I know I have experienced the love of Christ here. I've noticed there are a lot of drive by posters who come here for the sole purpose of causing disruptions and bashing the KJBO position so it's not always peaceful. I guess there's no solution to that since it is a public forum. I can see you have a lot to bring to this forum and I sincerely hope you return.

Jen
Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 PM

And not only that, not to be judgemental, but has anybody visited the originator of this thread, Mary's website?

We need to smarten up, I think.

http://www.amwalkerleather.com/catalog361215.html
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post

And anyone who would laugh for over an hour at anything that was posted shows his true spiritual worth to be childish and immature.
Well, there's something else that's laughable - that YOU think YOU are qualified/capable of judging my "spiritual worth!"

Apparently, this warrants a lesson in what even a toddler knows to be true - that laughter comes from JOY and/or MERRIMENT!

The very first thoughts that I had when you (Chette) and peopleoftheway were surprised at my laughter were:
1. It's called PEACE and JOY which are characteristic of the kingdom of God (Romans 14:17) and are part of the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22.)
2. It's called being MERRY, and surely you've heard that "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine" (Prov. 17:22) or that "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance" (Prov. 15:13.)
3. It's a characteristic of charity..."REJOICETH in the TRUTH" (I Cor. 13:4-6 all-caps mine.)

For those reasons, I was/am puzzled that you fussed on me for laughing...especially number three above. You see, I know NOTHING of whatever has been "brewing" between some of you; all I know about is my own experience with George...and from that experience I KNOW that BroParrish's post was RIGHT ON TARGET! So, DUH, my heart rejoiced when someone proclaimed the truth! Why is that surprising?

Also, you are mistaken in assuming that I have "taken offense" at George's words. I have no reason to be offended over paragraph after paragraph of false accusation; it's no "skin off my teeth" - George is the one who will answer for it! The only thing I have felt is DISGUST for all the time wasted trying to get him to discuss scripture (which he WILL NOT DO when it disagrees with his position - see his Biblical Marriage thread for the proof.)

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com