General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:32 PM
joshjefflawn

Smile I would like to know my demographic, ha ha

So I was just curious where people on here stand so I can know who I am talking to.

First I would like to know who here believes that the AV is the perfect word of God in English,
I would like to also know who is pre-milenial and if any of you are Independent Bible Believeing Baptist (Denomination isn't crucial but I would just like to know if there are any other Iendependent Baptists here.)
Thanks have a good day,
Josh
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Brother Mike

Hello Josh

Yes. AV is God's one and only preserved word for english speaking people.

I am pre-trib rapture, pre-millineal return of our Lord and an IFB.

God Bless, Brother,
Bro. Mike
Old 06-20-2008, 04:15 PM

I believe the King James Bible is the perfect word of God. I am Premillenial and attend an Independent Bible Believing Baptist Church in Tennessee.

http://www.trinitybaptist-church.com/

There is my church's website, if you want to know in depth what I believe. We have 10 audio sermons by my pastor on our doctrinal statement.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
martydavis

I am waiting for an organization to get done proofreading the Geneva bible and get it published (I know there is one group already that has it published, but I'm waiting so I can compare). In the mean time I'm "King James preferred", pre-tribulation, waiting for the trump of God and the shout from the clouds. I'm a non-denominational charismatic, but attend an Evengelical Free church that God sent me to to do my work for Him out of. (my work is to share Christ one-on-one on the street as a soul-winner) In my walk and work with Christ I get to meet ALL types of people as well as representatives from all denominations (even Baptists )

Jesus is Lord!!!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
LeeM1023

I do believe the AV is the preserved word of God in English. I don't recall seeing the words "premilennial" or "independent fundamental baptist" anywhere in the Bible text . . . I'm all for "where the Bible speaks, I speak, where the Bible is silent, I'm silent" although I'm not a campbellite. I attend church at an Assembly of God congregation currently, although I'm not a member ("church membership" also doesn't appear in the Bible). I also believe it's OK to drink alcohol in moderation, and that even if I wanted to occasionally smoke a cigar it wouldn't keep me out of heaven . . . (I don't want to, by the way). I think the church way too often confuses culture and tradition with revelation. And I believe wherever possible the Bible text should be accepted straightforwardly as simply "meaning what it says", unless there's a clear symbolic or veiled intention.

Lee
Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 AM

I am a sinner, saved by grace. God had mercy on my soul about 7 years ago praise Him!

I am a King James Bible Believer. I believe the KJB is the ONLY perfect Word of God for today (not just in English). I am dispensational, mainly ruckmanite in doctrine, but don't subscribe to all of his theology (can't think of any points that I don't, but I don't know all that he teaches, so I can't say I agree with every word).

I am premillenial, pretribulational, and that God will spare us, his elect church in Christ, through His blood, the wrath of the tribulation and judgment of a wicked Christ rejecting world.

I am anti-calvinist, anti-arminian, pro-free grace, anti-lordship salvation, pro-life, anti-gay etc etc. The things that count :P

In Christ's Love,
Luke
Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 PM
joshjefflawn

Well that is great. As far as the Geneva Bible, it is more or less the AV. In fact the AV1611 has I think like 75-80% William Tyndale's new testiment. Also the bishops bible is basicly the AV. The reason why King James (He was led by God, oh and he was the 1st king of England, 6th king of Scotland, 1st king of wales and 1st king of Ireland=1611) was to produce a perfect bible that also would not contain notes that were misleading.
King James was parcial to the bishops Bible, while the puritans were parcial to the Geneva Bible. So to comprimise King James pushed forward a version that would not have notes in it. That way it could be welcomed by all. Looking at it now, I am strongly persuaded that God put forward the AV so it would become the Final athority of all saved Christians. That way you wouldn't have one groupe with one bible, and another with another Bible, like they do today.
For those who are Premilenialists, have you read Clarence Larkens book, Dipensational turths. It is an absolutly wounderfull book. I recomend it to any Christian who is interested in Dispensationalism.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjefflawn View Post
(He was led by God, oh and he was the 1st king of England, 6th king of Scotland, 1st king of wales and 1st king of Ireland=1611)
How was King James the first King of England? I'm confused, can you explain.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:53 PM

He was King James I, but that doesn't mean he was the first king. Just the first King James.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Brother Mike

Josh
I have pretty much, to my knowledge, the complete set of Larkins writings. Although I have not studied them all, what I have have been very good.

Luke,
How do you expect someone that speaks Czech, Russian, Somalian, etc if there is not Bible in their languages? I know that God is powerful enough to provide His Word in a language other than English.

The argument that people make to that question is that they should be taught English. Well, yes, I believe that that would be the preferred method, but then that would make them, pretty much, an English speaking person. At least IMHO.