General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:46 AM

I speak in generalities sometimes Chette, so don't assume I think Luke is a servent of Satan. I could get into this more, but I won't. I also won't get into the fact that you think it is bad to read what women write. I think you need a better understanding of when it IS appropriate for women to speak/write. Another good teacher that is female that I am unashamed to say I've thoroughly enjoyed is Gail Riplinger.

Concerning my tone:

Titus 2:11-15 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee. (yes this is my current favorite verse ^_^)

There are many others that I could quote, but you can find them just as easily by doing a word search for 'admonish' and 'rebuke'. I will not apologize for my stand on certain things; the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and the King James Bible. And like you hinted at, I came to a knowledge of a lot of these things because of my wonderful sister in the Lord, Tracy Broadhurst. God knows I'd still be reading the NIV if it wasn't for her, and God knows that at some of the darkest moments in my life when the enemy was on full assault against me with his deceptions, I have always found peace knowing that I can go to her website to remind me that if I cleave to the Holy Bible (King James AV 1611) I can never stray to far from the Truth. I have always found strength in her faith. I am not ashamed to admit this.

Luke, I don't know if I've offended you. I really hope I haven't. I guess I wasn't ready to hear someone on this kind of site attack that website. I hope you will forgive me if I have said something hurtful/offensive.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-07-2008, 06:00 AM

Rebuke is a two way street. I am not agaist reading material by women. it is the teaching mature Christian men issue that a woman is not to do. in so allowig her to teach older men even from a web page can be dangerously close to desobediance.

always show that the verses you quote are evedent in your own life otherwise you may look like a hypocrate. by teaching waht you yourself don't practice. that is a key to Pastoral authority. I know a man he is a great bible teacher (when he gets it right) but he doesn't practice what he preaches. His son calls him a hyposcrate to his face for it both his wife and daughter live like worldlings and not Christians at all.

I wasn't questioning what you stand on. But what comes from your heart posted on these forums. a man is revealed by the words he speaks. I want you only to filter your heart a little more so you don't offend. rebuke and admonisment can be offensive to a sinner. But can be a offence to people who are not just as easily.

just grow in His Likeness by considering others better than yourself.