General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:53 PM
KJVgal

Default Spiritual Problem @ Work

I have a problem at work and was wondering how to address it, now I don't know what most denomination you all are but I'm going to say this. My employer is a Pentacost/Church of God member of a non denominational church. I have a co-worker that is also the same denomination, but different church. Both believe in healing, and speaking in tongues. However, I have been struggling mentally and spiritually at this place for quite some time. Well, today topped the cake, the co-worker of mine who is a pastor's wife or "first lady", laid hands on somebody(another employee of my boss), while my owner, manager, and two co-workers were holding hands praying around (the afflicted). I had never seen a healing, I told my parents(my dad's a Baptist pastor), what I saw, and they told me it was most likely an impromtu healing. After this I really feel like its in my best interest to quit, the job is not some big prestigous job(I'm a waitress). I just wonder if, or how I should approach this, or should I leave this out whenever I decided to leave. I'm wanting to pursue writing. Thanks so much! God bless all you in these perilous times. -Even so come Lord Jesus!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-14-2008, 09:21 AM

1 Corinthians 13:8-10
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

The gifts of knowledge, tongues, and prophecy, were all means by which God's Word could be made known in absence of the portion of scriptures ("new testament"), which had not yet been written. When the full revelation of the perfect Word of God had been given (the completion of the Bible), then the gifts of knowledge, tongues, and prophesy passed away.

This is exactly how i believe,there are too many fake healers that have gone into the world,such as Joyce meyers and Kenneth copeland.

If you feel in your heart that you want to pursue writing,than by all means go for it. It sounds like you have made up your mind,but needed a little boost to make that decision,always pray about it before doing so.

Like every job, there are always some kind of opposition.

God bless you and hope everything works out well.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 AM

I agree that you have a bit of a problem at work, but I could think of a lot worse work-situations to be in than having a group of people trying to do what they think is God's will, even though they may be confused. It appears that they were not making others join in that may not have agreed with them (like yourself).
Old 05-14-2008, 01:45 PM

I believe you said in another post that you were married? Newly, I would imagine since I see now from your other post you are both in college at the moment.

1. What does your husband say about it?
2. Would the writing job put you in a better or worse position?
3. How would the change in jobs effect the paying for/debt for both of you in regards to your on going college educations?
4. Are any of these outside roles interfering with you fulfilling your role as wife?
5. What does your husband want you to do?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 PM
KJVgal

Default reply

Thanks for the replies, yes I understand that people are entitled to their beliefs just as I am of mine. And I do know, Lord do I know, that there are far worse situations(missionaries in Iraq). I did a lot of praying about this job, and the spiritual warfare in my soul and the anger I had every day after work isn't something I'd want to do. My husband has a good job, enough to support us for awhile, I plan on find a job soon though. My husband is very supportive of my decision, in fact encouraged it moreso. I put my week notice in today. The Lord has a calling for me, what it is yet I do not know. Thank you all again for your replies and support. God bless!!!!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
I believe you said in another post that you were married? Newly, I would imagine since I see now from your other post you are both in college at the moment.

1. What does your husband say about it?
2. Would the writing job put you in a better or worse position?
3. How would the change in jobs effect the paying for/debt for both of you in regards to your on going college educations?
4. Are any of these outside roles interfering with you fulfilling your role as wife?
5. What does your husband want you to do?
THIS is an excellent reply.

It really saddens me whenever I see or hear of some young wife telling a story about how she went to her daddy for advice and doesn't even mention a word about what her husband wishes or says. You, KJVgal, have a husband who IS your head. I'm glad that he supports you in "your" recent decision, but he should be the first and last person you speak with on matters such as this. I'm sure your dad is a good man and all, but you, my sister, were made to be a help meet for your husband. If you can start looking at him the way Sarah looked at Abraham, then I promise you, all will be well. Seek ye the old ways (Jeremiah 6:16 http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/family.htm) and you will find rest for your soul.

One final note, I do think it is good that you do not remain under the influence of those new age charismatic types. They're very good at reasoning around the scriptures and I've seen many good women fall victim to their false doctrine.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 PM

Jeremy 1Cor 13-10 is speaking about a person not a thing like a completed book of Scripture. Your need to keep the context.

this is part of a man made doctrine to counteract the pente movement in the early 1900. the gifts are for today. signs are not gifts. and tongues in acts is never called a gift. the gif mention in context in Acts 10 was the Holy Ghost not tongues. I wrote onthis subject on a diferent post somewhere. check it out.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM

Reply to post #5

KJVgal
So how goes the home front? Are you still enjoying being a stay at home wife? I pray The Lord has worked things out for you and that the blessings of being a HELPMEET is/was a great experience and blessing.

It is a blessing to have a supportive hysband, but most scriptual to seek the will of your husband first. I pray all works well in your life and pray many blessing in you marriage and life in Christ.

Aloha,
Renee
Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM
martydavis

Jeremy - 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 is talking about when we are in the presence of Jesus and none of it is needed. I agree with chette777

When Jesus himself said this in Mark 16:17-18 (part of the Great Commission that everybody IGNORES) he gave no expiration date.

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I would recommend we all learn to read our bibles with a highlighter in hand and not a bottle of white-out.

I'm new here, but white-out is one of my hot buttons. Why I love my KJV so much.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 AM
hamite1212

I use to be Pentecostal and I know for a fact that 99% of the spirits are "seducing spirits" and yet there are times healings do occur with even Baptism and etc. However, Pentecostals believe in wholesale healings and should any of them profess to have the "gifts" then let us all challenge them to take us to a large body of water and let us all see that person walk on water since the Bible says that they get all the gifts the Lord has. I know of good Christian Pentecostals and they truly love the Lord but most are in it for emotional feelings over feelings from the true Holy Spirit. When reading the Bible you don't get emotional because it's from the Lord Jesus Christ and that Bible is a mirror of what man and woman are. We're all sinful and by the way the healings, tongues and etc. that was done in the Bible there was a Jew around and Jews require a sign. However, I must caution anyone to make sure the gifts are taken with a grain of salt and at the same time pray if it is from God Himself. The Lord still does healings and so on but not at a wholesale level. I heard a Jewish saved Preacher who was good on this topic and what a preacher he is. I wish I could have gotten his name and website but I heard 75% of his sermon while driving and got out of range of the radio broadcast. When people put hands on you what if they have evil spirits in them? What's in them goes into you and Satan can heal because Judas cast out devils and healed and the Lord called him a devil.

Hope this helps