General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Jae

there are so many read through the Bible programs out there.
True, but I'm partial to programs written by my husband. My favoritism aside he is good at what he does and writes good programs.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-02-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I recently bought three gilded KJVs and noticed the pages needed to be separated to avoid fumbling when paging for a verse. I just sat down and turned each page, one after the other, in all three, until it was done. I think I was watching the news while I did it. (I didn't do it all in one sitting.)
Some of my gilded Bibles didn't have this problem at all, but the finer ones did.
I used to work in a printing factory, and there is a method of sort-of, bending the book with your thumbs. Sort of like fanning a deck of cards, but with a 45 degree bending action. When done lovingly, this doesn't seem to damage, but 'cracks' open the gilded pages, causing them to individually slide against each other, separating the edges. Another good tip if doing the page-by-page method, is to run your hands over each page, depositing small amounts of oils and skin on each page, which will act as a separator, causing the pages to fall apart more smoothly.
Of course, simply using the Bible a whole lot will achieve the desired results too

I would have to agree that Cambridge and TBS seem to have the finer qualities available.