Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
George's original post said that heresy is opposition to "sound Biblical doctrine". I agree with this, but I asked George "Who gets to authoritatively decide what is sound Biblical Doctrine?". His response was:

George said "Ultimately I do", but I think he meant that in a personal sense and not a global sense (i.e. I don't think he meant that he gets to decide authoritatively for everyone else). The problem with this response is that it doesn't answer the question. I asked: who gets to authoritatively decide what is sound Biblical Doctrine? If George ultimately does for himself (even though he seeks out God's mind in the process) while someone else decides for themselves (who also seeks out God's mind in the process) but comes to a different conclusion, neither is authoritative. Both can call each other heretics, and neither can disprove the charge of heresy against themselves.

George's original post was good on the surface, but once thought through it implies that everyone should call everyone else a heretick at some point (unless they can demonstrate they are truly in 100% agreement on every single point of doctrine), and that even when doing so it's just a chaotic, unauthoritative mess. It's nothing but a source and excuse for schism (1 Cor 12:24) and division (Rom 16:17, 1 Cor 1:10, 1 Cor 3:3, etc.).
After reading this garbage, I would recommend immediate psychological help and earnest prayer, your perception on reality and truth, or even a simple task like quoting someone, is not anything close to reality.

Your ability to perceive and relate that what you have read is severely and obviously in need of help. Or.... you are just hear to spam.

I'll leave it to someone else to get us back on topic.

Last edited by Gord; 12-12-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spelling