General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:22 PM
joshjefflawn

Default I get so tired.....

I have just recently found a site called the Baptist board, it seems like a good board and I'm new so I don't know it that well.
But they have a section dedicated to Bible Versions. In that they say that you can't get into KJO contravercies, and you can't refer to the new Versions as perversions or satanic.
I just got to say that I am so tired of weak easily offended Christians. So what if someone calls the NIV corrupt, is it, when they take out Lucifer and replace it with Morning Star isn't that corrupting the Word of God,or when they take out Lord 39-40 times isn't that perverting the text.
I know this may seem a little harsh but I just don't get Christians that don't have backbones. If you want to call the AV "king Jimmys Bible" or whatever, go ahead call it what ever you wan't, I won't have to stand before God for what you say.
Also I know there are some who say that if you read another version, you can't get saved. Well I definently don't believe that, I mean even a good gospel track contains enough scripture to get saved. Course there is more to the Christian life than just getting saved, if you would rather have a bean bag instead of a Sharp two eged Sword, its your neck not mine.
I'm not aming this at anyone inpaticular, its just this Laodicean attitude, week
Christians were if the preacher preaches to hard a sermon they don't come back for a month or two.
I tell you what, I'd much rather let a Good preacher preach the hell out of me here on earth, than to have God do it at the Judgment Seat of Christ.
Well that is all, I hope all have a good day,
Josh
Oh and again, I'm not aming this at any one person, but if the shoe fits, wear it.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-24-2008, 05:14 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Just last night, my father and I hosted a missionary couple and when they heard that I was "one of them", they responded that "That controversy is useless because the only correct translations are in the original Greek and Hebrew" And after I told him that his argument had no basis and that I had defeated it before, the conversation ended.

They just plain didn't care.

NIV, 64,000 words < KJB

Nobody cares??
Old 06-25-2008, 09:06 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjefflawn View Post
I just got to say that I am so tired of weak easily offended Christians. So what if someone calls the NIV corrupt, is it, when they take out Lucifer and replace it with Morning Star isn't that corrupting the Word of God,or when they take out Lord 39-40 times isn't that perverting the text.
I know this may seem a little harsh but I just don't get Christians that don't have backbones. If you want to call the AV "king Jimmys Bible" or whatever, go ahead call it what ever you wan't, I won't have to stand before God for what you say.
Also I know there are some who say that if you read another version, you can't get saved. Well I definently don't believe that, I mean even a good gospel track contains enough scripture to get saved. Course there is more to the Christian life than just getting saved, if you would rather have a bean bag instead of a Sharp two eged Sword, its your neck not mine.
I'm not aming this at anyone inpaticular, its just this Laodicean attitude, week
Christians were if the preacher preaches to hard a sermon they don't come back for a month or two.
What are you really trying to say Jeff?
As you know we are in the Church Age and the Laodicean churches are a big part of that,Gods warning in Revelaion 7 churches. The only problem is when preachers quit preaching prophesy they are leaving out critical warnings to mankind. People simply do not pick up on this,because,like sin,it is not being taught. My background is Independant Baptist,but i am at a Quaker church,eventhough the preacher believes the same as we do,this church is a perfect example,(maybe that is why the cogregation has increased about 25% in the last 6 months).

Last sunday my girlfriend and her daughter was Baptised,the sermon before that spoke on how each one of us can serve in a different manner,he did say sin and spoke of salvation,but in the message i kept hearing the word Love over and over,while there is nothing wrong with love,people do not know boundries,that is why there is disrespect in the church,such as wearing shorts ,tank tops,country music t-shirts,bringing soda,drinking coffee and donuts,all during a service.
This was never thought of when i was younger. Man have things changed.

It is all about preachers not wanting to offend people. Funny,i never felt offended when a real sermon was preached on sin or prophecy. Why did God put it in there if it wasn't to be taught. Do christians see the signs of the second coming?or do they even know what sin is? the secular world tells them,but, our preachers won't.

Where is the breaking point of compromising your beliefs and being so open minided that you don't know what you believe.

The Devil,Ruler of this world and the Author of confusion.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:11 AM

Amen to all you said, joshjefflawn.

I don't care what anyone says from Baptist Board or any other board. The King James Bible is the PERFECT word of God and the new versions belong in the hottest place in Hell! The problem people have is that they don't put God's word on high and when they see us stand up for the King James Bible, they think we worship it.

Psalms 138:2 "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Then again, if you showed them that verse, I doubt they would believe it. They would probably have to go to the "originals"(there are none) to find the "true meaning".
Old 06-25-2008, 01:57 PM
joshjefflawn

You know, If I had to go to the Greek and hebrew to know what God said, I sure would be in a flat footed mess. I know of a guy who is going to marry my sister, hes suppossed to be saved, and hes now an ordained Pastor (you know, it seems like they ordain just about anybody) But the Guy doesn't even believe that the Originals were inspired. "The gospels were not supposed to be written, but because of a lack of faith from the apostles, they wrote what they saw/ therefore having a written testimonial concerning the Christ."
He is now gonna be going to a Emmanualle school of Religion (sounds bunk to me, I could be wrong though) and hes going to get his PHD (piled hire and deeper).
The Lord led me to this verse the other day, "ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." Tim 3:7
All I know is that my church, Cornerstone Baptist Church strives to resemble the Philidelphian as much as possible.
By Gods grace we shall stand for his word, and fight the Good fight till his comming, even if it should cost us our lives. "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" Phil 1:21
Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM

I really feel you brother. Know that your pain is my pain. We are one body in Christ Jesus, Hallelujah! It is no small fact that the Church today completely lacks discernment, and that we should not be suprised by the grief we experience when we try to share some Truth with others.

Ecclesiastes 1:17-18 "And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

But as I read these words the other day and wondered now what, the Holy Spirit told me to read the end of the book (funny how this works sometimes, praise King Jesus!).

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

I've really been fortunate lately as I seek ways to follow my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I've seen so many so called Christians around me claiming Jesus as their Saviour when Helel is their Lord, which is the most burdensome thing I personally carry. But as for myself, the verse that continually comes to mind as I'm pondering my love relationship with Christ Jesus and my Father Jehovah God:

John 8:29 "And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him."

I know that God has sealed me with His Holy Ghost, therefore I am not alone (neither are you my brother) and that it is such a joy to do those things that please Jehovah God, Amen!

So just keep this in your mind when you speak to people about the Word of God, that it is God you're aiming to please. Truly His smile is the brightest jewel in heaven!

for Jesus' sake,
Stephen

...I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD. And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. Ezekiel 2:4, 6

Last edited by stephanos; 06-29-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 PM

I REALLY do not like the BaptistBoard.. It seems to me the main reason many rely on the Greek and Hebrew is to lift themselves above the Book. Then the only way to truly know what God has said is to go to them and NOT the King James Bible.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:55 PM

You'll love BaptistLife.com then! They let the universalists fellowship with everyone, and all get along, but if you mention the KJB, you'll get mocked.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:44 PM
rbratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
Just last night, my father and I hosted a missionary couple and when they heard that I was "one of them", they responded that "That controversy is useless because the only correct translations are in the original Greek and Hebrew" And after I told him that his argument had no basis and that I had defeated it before, the conversation ended.

They just plain didn't care.
Ok, forgive my ignorance please. If there are no "originals" where did the KJV get its translation from? And it seems to me (outsider looking in, but looking for the truth) that you use the same argument for the KJV. You say nothing is valid unless it comes from the KJV. But that can not be because there had to be the "perfect inspired Word of god" before the KJV to translate it into the KJV, right? So are you saying the Greek and latin translations are imperfect? If that is the case, then how can the KJV be "perfect" if there are no "originals" to compare it to?

The more I read on here, the less I understand. I guess I will stick to reading my Bible (KJV/NIV parallel btw) and find my own answers as it looks like none of my posts will get to see the actual boards.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 AM

There are many learned brothers on the subject who I am sure in due time will answer your question on the originals. To start of though, may I say that God inspired the prophet Jeremiah to write what he told him, then the "Original" was destroyed by the King by Fire, God then told Jeremiah to re-write the original so essentially this was a "copy", yet also "inspired".
There really is a lot to take into consideration on the subject like the history of the origins on the text, the history of the translations and the translators, all of which pointed me in the direction of the truth, that modern "versions" are made to appease those who disagree with God's word and don't want to have to look at a Bible that glaringly tells them so everyday.
May I ask you this, Do you believe that the Bible should have contradictions ?