Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Pastor Mikie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

...Besides, God wouldn't inspire writings that disagree with each other. The KJB, even by it's enemies (and those who sort of use it) is the standard for comparison.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
  #12  
Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
jerry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is an mv user a heretic simply because they use an mv? Not necessarily. BUT if they use one with full knowledge of the differences and history of the manuscripts - and still reject the truth, because it will rock the boat, go against their family, friends or church, or some other reason where they choose to compromise, then I truly believe they are compromising and sinning. It is one thing not to know the truth on this issue and to use mv's ignorantly - it is quite another thing to deliberately choose a watered down position or compromising position because standing for the truth is not something they are willing to do.
  #13  
Old 02-26-2008, 09:34 PM
sting of truth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Is an mv user a heretic simply because they use an mv? Not necessarily. BUT if they use one with full knowledge of the differences and history of the manuscripts - and still reject the truth, because it will rock the boat, go against their family, friends or church, or some other reason where they choose to compromise, then I truly believe they are compromising and sinning. It is one thing not to know the truth on this issue and to use mv's ignorantly - it is quite another thing to deliberately choose a watered down position or compromising position because standing for the truth is not something they are willing to do.
AMEN AND AMEN!!!
  #14  
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Pastor Mikie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There is another reason why someone refuses to use the KJB over other newer version:

They just haven't been convinced. I'm an exclusive KJB user and advocate. However, I must admit, some of the meanest people I know are KJB Advocates. Calling someone names, telling them they are sinning and somehow are stupid isn't going to draw them.

The "other side" a lot of times, comes across more loving. There are a lot of voices out there saying a lot of things. In contending for the faith, we need to be more loving and patient. Jesus was with all of us.
  #15  
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM
jerry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The anything goes ecumenical crowd will ALWAYS appear more "loving" - but it is not loving to reject the truth. I don't believe someone is stupid because they don't know facts about the Bible version issue - ignorant means lack of knowledge and is not an insult. As I stated, it depends upon their motivation as to why they reject the KJV or are not willing to become KJVonly. If they know the differences and reasons behind the issue and refuse to take a stand, that is sin - or if they know there are some major differences and couldn't care less, then that is also sin and compromise - Revelation refers to this as being lukewarm and sickening to God.

P.S. I have seen MANY of the "other side" get pretty nasty when you don't accept their anything goes position/mentality.
  #16  
Old 02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Pastor Mikie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Peace. Brother. I'm on your side....
  #17  
Old 02-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Pastor Mikie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I know all to well about the nastiness of non-KJB people. I had one "talk loudly" to me for over 2 hours. My point was about not being convincing enough. The last church I pastored understood that I use the KJB and nothing else (as far as versions are concerned). My associate pastor just couldn't accept any of my "arguments". So, he needs more convincing.
  #18  
Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
sting of truth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
I know all to well about the nastiness of non-KJB people. I had one "talk loudly" to me for over 2 hours. My point was about not being convincing enough. The last church I pastored understood that I use the KJB and nothing else (as far as versions are concerned). My associate pastor just couldn't accept any of my "arguments". So, he needs more convincing.
yup, my last church flat out came against the king james bible, saying it was archaic, was totally wrong, i defended it to the point almost all my friends in that division of the church denomination didn't want anything to do with me.. and i never said anything about their versions other than to warn them about the missing verses. they always went on the attack and i always went on the defense. toward the end of my time their i had enough and i wouldn't back down, or let the other people back down, i'd be debating them 5 and 6 against me.. it was one of the contributing factors to me giving up my ministry in that denomination. in fact a pastor friend of mine was ordered by his church to use newer bible versions, he refused, then they tried ordering him to soften up on his messages, not to be so focussed on holiness, and repentance.. he sat down with them and had it out and eventually told them "look i'm the pastor, i'll use what bible i wanna use, and i'll preach on whatever i feel lead to preach on, and if you got a problem with that the take it up with God, because i'm the pastor and it's my job to preach and teach the truth if it is welcome or not" that day he laid down his ordination credentials on the table in the boardroom and ceased to be in the assemblies of God.
  #19  
Old 02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Paladin54's Avatar
Paladin54 Paladin54 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting of truth View Post
yup, my last church flat out came against the king james bible, saying it was archaic, was totally wrong, i defended it to the point almost all my friends in that division of the church denomination didn't want anything to do with me.. and i never said anything about their versions other than to warn them about the missing verses. they always went on the attack and i always went on the defense. toward the end of my time their i had enough and i wouldn't back down, or let the other people back down, i'd be debating them 5 and 6 against me.. it was one of the contributing factors to me giving up my ministry in that denomination. in fact a pastor friend of mine was ordered by his church to use newer bible versions, he refused, then they tried ordering him to soften up on his messages, not to be so focussed on holiness, and repentance.. he sat down with them and had it out and eventually told them "look i'm the pastor, i'll use what bible i wanna use, and i'll preach on whatever i feel lead to preach on, and if you got a problem with that the take it up with God, because i'm the pastor and it's my job to preach and teach the truth if it is welcome or not" that day he laid down his ordination credentials on the table in the boardroom and ceased to be in the assemblies of God.
Hallelujah and Amen.
  #20  
Old 03-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Luke's Avatar
Luke Luke is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 594
Default

The short answer is NO.

A man's salvation & walk with God does not revolve around which version of the Bible he uses.

However, in order to grow and know truth, a man must yeild to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and the authority of the perfect word of God. A man who picks and chooses verses from different bibles is not honouring God's word, but thinks the Book is just like any other. Likewise, a man who has a KJB, and yet does not give it authority, or listen to the Holy Spirit, may as well just use an NIV :P

Mormons are a prime example of this. They have the perfect word of God in their KJB, but they don't honour it, and add to it with their book of moron.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study

 
Contact Us AV1611.Com