Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:27 AM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default Do we worship the King James Bible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Thanks for the response, Tony. The ironic thing is that this worship of the Holy Bible instead of Christ argument was what I was debating some chrisitan who gained support in his argument from a new age person on another forum the same night I found this site. The ignorance of some people is astounding! Then, I had never even heard or considered that the KJV itself is an inspired translation. Maybe Riplinger taught that in her Age Bible Versions which I read back in the late 90's but I didn't pick up on it or believe it then. After being exposed to the idea here I find that is the position I hold. Nothing else is possible.

In Christ,

Jen
Hi Jen. I too have often heard this ridiculous complaint that we worship the KJB. I then tell them that I do no such thing. I do not have an altar in my home dedicated to the King James Bible complete with candles and burning incense. I do not bow down to it nor do I pray to it. Instead I mark it up with my pen; I underline certain passages and draw lines and arrows on its pages. I have dripped coffee on a few of its pages and a couple of them keep getting stuck together because I had strawberry jam on my fingers one day. I then toss it in the back of my car when I go to Bible study, and don't get too upset when my dog walks on the cover. No, I do not worship the King James Bible but the Author of it. There is a huge difference.

The only reason they bring up this ridiculous charge is because they do not believe that any Book is the pure and perfect words of God, so they have to come up with some cute label like "KJV worshiper" to mock our belief in the Book that tells us of Him whom we do worship.

Will K
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 PM

I agree, Will. If I worshiped the KJB would I let my cat play with the little ribbon thingy attached to it?

It is our love letter from our Beloved, it's not our Beloved! Since He is infinite, perfect and true, so is His letter.

Jen
Old 07-06-2009, 04:57 PM

This change in Titus 3:10 from heretick to divisive would be consistent with the Liberation Theology heresy which says that salvation comes through community to the individual. Any disruption to the unity of the community would be interfering with the means of people's salvaation. To us it is the truth which we must know.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:12 PM

We are now the Heretic's and they are the divisive men who are protecting their flocks from the KJV Bible believers.

1Thess 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:
Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Will's
Quote:
So this means that probably around 95% of present day Christians are not Bible believers but Bible doubters and Bible agnostics.
Or they haven't explored the issue. I used to be an unsaved person, an enemy of Christ. I got saved by grace, through faith. I believed through faith that my NIV bible was the word of God. My husband and I noticed a big hulabaloo going on about Gail Riplinger's book back in the 90's so we knew we ought to read it. We read it. We saw that the KJB was the only faithful translation in the English language and strongly believed that the other versions were part of a satanic plot to subvert the word of God. I through faith believed the KJV was God's word because my spirit testified to that FACT. It wasn't until I was confronted by the argument of inspiration of the translation that I saw the issue even existed. I would hazard a guess the same is true of many. Very few are born with that knowledge. The problem is that most people don't really want to know the truth. Not just about KJBO but anything.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:00 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!

Hi sister. I think you are right. Most people just assume "the bible" (whatever version) is the inspired and inerrant words of God. It isn't until they grow up a little bit that they start finding all those differences and then the confusion sets in. But when most of them go to their "pastors" for answers, they are told that "No translation is perfect; only the originals were perfect". But when you run into these pastors and seminarians on the internet boards or in person and begin to press them to the wall about what they really believe about "The Bible" we find that unless they are King James Bible believers, they really do not believe that any bible in any language is the uncorrupted, inspired and 100% true preserved words of God and they usually mock at anyone who would believe that the KJB is God's perfect Book.

I run into these folks all the time and know their arguments forwards and backwards. The have no inerrant Bible and resent the fact that you and I believe we do.

Will K