General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
Long live XP? No way! XP is dying and Vista is the one. Long live Vista! Vista Vista Vista
You mean Mojave, where they lied to people to make them like it?

Although finally it looks like they're doing something right; Windoze 7 looks like it just might do the trick.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-27-2009, 09:49 PM

I apologize to you brother Paradigm for getting so off topic. I know this thread was supposed to be about your introduction and welcome to this forum. Even thought I didn't mention in my first post, I do welcome you here. I myself haven't been here for long but I feel like I'm at the right place and I hope you get to feel this way. I praise the LORD for your salvation. I hope we can fellowship through this forum.

Now for my other brother...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
You mean Mojave, where they lied to people to make them like it?

Although finally it looks like they're doing something right; Windoze 7 looks like it just might do the trick.
Truth is, I do like some Macintosh hardware (like the Mac Book) better than the PC, but due to my poor economy and Web surfing habits, I stick with PC and Windows. To me Macintosh computers appear to be more for entertainment like music and work like web design. I don't normally listen to music, I mostly surf the web a lot (which is how I ended up here), and whatever school work that pops up, I have Word and Excel. Sure, you can have Word and Excel for Mac, but PC is cheaper and I was not the one to buy this computer (my Dad did). So, since I'm pretty much stuck with Vista for the next few years, I might as well cheer for it (it's not so bad after all). Vista or Mojave...

Quote:
Windoze 7 looks like it just might do the trick.
Say what? Windows 7?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 AM

Yep. Even Microsoft has to admit that Vista was a bomb. Anyone remember Windows Millennium?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:58 PM

Default RE: Mac vs. Windows

Well to horribly mangle a famous patriot, "And as for me, I say, Give me APPLE or give me Death!"

I appreciate the good natured humor about the computer divide. Don't worry, I won't hold it against the immoral "heathens" that use the evil Windows OS.

You are all still my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Seriously, thanks one and all for the kind welcome. I hope to get to know all of you better in time. I have really appreicated all of the knowledge on this board.

God Bless. Chris.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shift View Post
Well to horribly mangle a famous patriot, "And as for me, I say, Give me APPLE or give me Death!"

I appreciate the good natured humor about the computer divide. Don't worry, I won't hold it against the immoral "heathens" that use the evil Windows OS.

You are all still my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Seriously, thanks one and all for the kind welcome. I hope to get to know all of you better in time. I have really appreicated all of the knowledge on this board.

God Bless. Chris.
I'm glad you taken this with a sense of humor. If you read my previous post you'll see that though I prefer some Macintosh hardware (like the Mac books), I'm stuck with PC and Windows. So, I might as well be complacent with what I now posses. Besides, Macintosh are more expensive and I don't have the money to buy me a Mac book or a Windows one for the matter (I'm using a PC). So viva Vista or Mojave or whatever...

GOD Bless
Old 02-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Yep. Even Microsoft has to admit that Vista was a bomb. Anyone remember Windows Millennium?
For me, Millennium would be an upgrade...I'm still on Windows 98 at home...
Old 02-02-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
For me, Millennium would be an upgrade...I'm still on Windows 98 at home...
You should install Linux. I ran it on an old computer which ran Windows 95.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 02-02-2009, 05:37 PM

you know I never had a problem with Windows Millennium Addition. it worked great for me. it always needed device drivers cause the driver packs weren't all there. but it surfed good and it never crash the whole time I used it all about two years. that year it was my mother board blew three capacitors.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
that year it was my mother board blew three capacitors.
That was because the poor motherboard had to work overtime to keep Millennium together. I blew a few brain cells over M too.