General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Tandi

Default Searching for podcasts

When I was searching for information, I just typed

gap theory podcast

into the google box. That brought me to sermonaudio.com where I found two sermons....both refuting the gap theory (Watson and McCabe). Yet I was not convinced by either of them, having read your articles, Geologist, and some other articles online. I am also reading Custance and have another book on order.

Here is the link to a page with Gap podcasts.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.as...ntiresite=true

I see that there are a few more I have not listened to as yet.

This Sermon Audio site will provide information on submitting a podcast. I look forward to a pro-Gap podcast to balance the available teachings as I weigh the evidence pro and con.

BTW, I am using a 2005 model Mac Mini that has been completely reliable. I have never experienced dreaded viruses, etc. I recently purchased a Macbook. I love Macs....they are cute and easy to use! Glad to see another Mac fan on this forum!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-25-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
BTW, I am using a 2005 model Mac Mini that has been completely reliable. I have never experienced dreaded viruses, etc. I recently purchased a Macbook. I love Macs....they are cute and easy to use! Glad to see another Mac fan on this forum!
It's like the Bible version issue: until you've learned the facts, any ol' computer will do.

-Vince, a King James Bible-Believer and Apple Fan

On topic, there are sites, like SermonAudio, that will let you put your sermons/podcasts right online, but iTunes will let you syndicate them, and people can subscribe and have the audio go right onto their iPods whenever you release a new 'cast.

Geologist, what do you think of Gerardius Bouw? www.geocentricity.com
Old 12-25-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Not much!

Well, on Saturday my too short Christmas vacation back home in West Virginia ends and we drive to Washington DC to catch an overnight flight back to Kuwait. Although I am not exactly thrilled about spending at least another year there, I am looking forward to seeing my three cats and dog again. I'm also looking forward to begin putting together the movie.

The latter will be an up-hill challenge. I must assume that I will be the first person to produce a pro "Gap Theory" teaching movie. I am sure that there must be more than a couple of anti-gap YEC film productions out there; slick semi-Hollywood quality productions financed by some deep pockets (and collection plates). Oh well, if I did not believe what I believe I would not even attempt this and would be completely overwhelmed with the prospect. I am not. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I appreciate all the prayers that have been offered on behalf of this project and ask for your continued prayers of support. One thing I am NOT going to do is to put-down fellow believers, even if we don't agree on this particular doctrinal issue. All I want to do is present the Biblical and Geological facts, and let the viewer decide for his/her self. If this project is not to God's glory, and will not lead anyone to find Jesus Christ, then it should die on the vine. And, if it does, so be it.
God bless everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
Not much!
Hmm...not quite the factual reply I was seeking. I know several people, PBI grads included, that are intrigued with Dr. Bouw's material; in case you didn't know, Dr. Ruckman firmly believes in the Gap and teaches it as factual at PBI.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Tandi

Default Geocentricity

Hello Vince,

I have been intrigued with Geocentricity for many years. I have corresponded with Dr. Bouw on occasion and subscribed to his Biblical Astronomer publication. I also have his books. It is great to hear that he is getting a wider audience. I tend to accept geocentrism....yet I do not have a scientific background, so most of it is over my head. Still, it is faithful to Scripture....and plausible, even according to its critics.

Recently I came across excellent KJV defense audio sermons by Dr. Thomas Strouse, who apparently is a Geocentrist as well.

Tandi
Old 01-15-2009, 03:19 AM

Default Preview of Movie Opening

I have placed a short preview test of the movie opening on the Johnson Imagineering website. The video is at the bottom of the page. Follow the instructions to activate the viewer.

This test screening will give you an idea of the production quality and style.

My question for you is, "Does this get your attention and interest?" Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old 01-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Wonderful! I'm looking forward to the completion of the movie.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Tandi

Hi,

I am trying to watch the video now on my slow dial-up connection. The first 42 seconds look great so far! It captures my interest.....but I am already interested. Beautiful pictures and music and narration.

Godspeed on the production. More feedback after I've seen it all.

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 01-15-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Wonderful! I'm looking forward to the completion of the movie.
And I just got some wonderful news, only a few minutes ago. The composer, (one of two whose music I used for the opening sequence), has volunteered to custom score the entire movie. So, this project now has an experienced Hollywood epic music composer. That is a major prayer answered.

Last edited by geologist; 01-15-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Tandi

Wow! Just beautiful. Hauntingly beautiful. The angelic music stays in my head. The depiction of "the deep" is just as I imagined it myself. The mention of the Bible's first mystery makes me want to hear more. I am impressed. You are very talented and I wish you all the best.

Shalom,

Tandi