Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:41 PM

They don't have the same beginning and end

ESV changes the beginning, and some doctrines with it

Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavenS and the earth.

It also changes the end

Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Surely! Only 2000 years, in comparison to a total of 4000 years that had passed since he said it...

KJV
Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

cf. 1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 PM
solabiblia

Default I AM Answering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Luke is seeking your answer to which bible you could recommend but you could only answer back nothing.

Bro. Parrish is seeking to which Bible, but you only said the bible that "Starts with Genesis, ends with The Revelation. Begins "In the beginning God. . ." ends with "Amen."

You know, New and perversed bibles have the same beginning and ending, but which bible? I guessed you need to answer a very basic question?
If you will look closely, you will see that I have answered each question directly, completely, and courteously. I have not dodged a single one.

What seems to be upsetting you and others in this forum is that I have not given you the answer you want to hear. I can't help that.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 PM

Well,

You haven't answered my question. Which version should I buy? Things that are different are not the same.

Since we define THE Bible as - The King James Bible - and that other versions are not THE Bible, you need to explain what you mean.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
You or I either one could buy the Bible at any Christian book store, and almost any secular book store.
You didn't answer my question. I warned you. Goodbye.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=solabiblia;19570]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
The "insertion argument" is untenable, as it creates an impossible doctrinal deviation and interpolation cannot be proven. Redemption is not forgiveness of sins. One that an unlearned idiot would make, as I describe Origen above. You're following the bankrupt "conflation" theory Of Westcott-Hort on this verse along with the "oldest is best" falsehood. You have an unsolvable paradox with the W-H theory of manuscript "age": If the Alexandrian family of manuscripts is the correct one, then it should be represented by at least as many or not more "late" copies of itself as the "Majority Text". Where are the missing 15,000 copies of the "late" Alexandrian text? I suppose the Waldensians burned them? Who has burned Bibles for 1700 years?/QUOTE]

It's called the Muslim Invasion. You may have heard of it.
Now that's funny. That's the funniest thing I ever heard of since Lewis Black's commentary on the Homosexual Invasion Of America. Here we have hundreds of thousands of blood-mad Muslims invading Palestine, North Africa, Turkey, Central and southern Europe, and they burn all copies of the Alexandrian text only. Good Jesuit answer Sola Barry. Any answer to cast doubt into the minds of the ignorant who want the word of God scattered out into the four winds.

As Ray Liotta said to Joe Pesci in GOODFELLAS, you're a funny guy.

Grace and peace

Ahmed Mohabbones
Old 05-11-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Well, which version do I get...

Pro 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:

One popular version says that...

but another popular version says something completely different

Pro 18:24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,

Which one is right? They can't both be accurate translations!
His "bible" is the bible of John R. Rice Luke, that great nebulous ethereal mystical "bible" that's "settled in heaven" and inspired in one copy only and we have 99.999999999999999999 percent of it except for Mark 16:9-20, I John 5:7, John 8...

Told you all, he's a funny guy.

Grace and peace my friend

Tony
Old 05-12-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
So, where is the Bible freed from error, or, when shall it come to pass in history?
I quote myself here, asking Solabiblia a question which he never answered.

As for Erasmus,

1. He left a monastery at a young age, and he became a secular priest (renouncing the sacerdotal priesthood).

2. He was friendly toward Protestantism.

3. When he died, he was buried in a Reformed Church which was a converted Catholic cathedral.

4. He was not a "good Catholic", since he attacked various problems of the Papists, and his works were placed on the Index.

I don't deny that he was linked to Romanism, including that he dedicated a work to the Pope, but I do deny that he was of the spirit of Romanism. He clearly was not.

Last edited by bibleprotector; 05-12-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:30 AM

"they burn all copies of the Alexandrian text only."

Could you post a link with some info on this ?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 AM

Were one leaves of (or is quite rightly, left of), another picks up the Baton of the fruitless relay of Bible deniers. I guess the finish line is in heaven and the prize is a brand spanking new copy of the "Original" Autographs. As they don't exist anymore

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmonk View Post
"they burn all copies of the Alexandrian text only."

Could you post a link with some info on this ?
Seriously?

http://tinyurl.com/dz6rx9