Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2009, 05:34 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
George, you can accuse me all you want. That is your perrogative. But you don't know me well enough to say what my intentions are. You speak like we are old enemies that have been arguing this for a long time. You might be arguing this with other people for a while, but you don't know me, brother. So how can you expect to know my intentions to the original question?

I honestly wanted to know where Gipp recieved his degree, whether it matters or not. I was always under the assumption that Gipp was a TRO of the Burgon persuasion. But someone called him a Ruckmanite, and that aroused my curiosity. I could tell a lot about a person by finding out where they recieved their formal education. So while you may not like me, a brother in Christ, for my doctrinal positions, please understand I am just trying to get a question answered about a man I don't know much about. I came here hoping someone could help me. Here it is, post forty, and I still don't have anything for certain. If I knew it was going to take this long to get to nowhere, then I would have just emailed him.
Why didn't you just email the man in the first place!
I think you knew exactly the reaction you would get.

Quote:
You might be arguing this with other people for a while, but you don't know me, brother. So how can you expect to know my intentions to the original question?
Let me answer this one for you

Your 65 odd posts, and yes I read them all last night, they are what betrays you, in a few of them you were freesundayschoollessons cheerleader and we all know the contention he brought. The words that you have written, and may I add that you have used a minimal amount of "scripture" in your posts on this forum clearly show us your position, so please, don't try to appear all hurt and put out of place when a bible believer rebukes you. I am ashamed that any man who calls himself a brother in Christ does not believe God in all his Wisdom and Might has not left us his WORD in one place to be read, studied and expounded ( By those with no formal education nor qualifications) and yet believes he has left his word in scattered places, in subtracted contradicting versions, in philosophy leavened texts, in Roman Catholic manuscripts, in gender-neutral changes, in versions that "take away" his word, versions that "add to" his word and thinks that among all this mess and confusion God is the Author. God Forbid!

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

What gets to me more, is that you are a young Pastor, if you were going to the greek, multiple versions etc and edifying only yourself and your scholarly theologian brethren then I have no problem with your own puffed up against each other attitude, but to even think you are trying to edify young men and women with "the Greek" telling them that what they read dosent really mean what it says "how they read it" but they must add some mysterious greek meaning for God to show them the real truth of his word or even worse, rely on someone who "knows the greek" to show them!
I have seen so many younger christians become apostate because of the confusion within churches today, never mind confusing them more with added IQ and "the Greek"

Philippians 2:5-11 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
JESUS
With such an amazing few verses of scripture, can you really stand by idly while "scholars" and "theologians" have REMOVED the name God exalted above every other name! up to 40 times in modern versions in some cases? And butchered Philippians 2:6 to attack the Godhead.
I guess you can.