Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Pastor Mikie

Hi There. Here is an outline supporting pre-trib rapture. Hope it isn't to long.

Rapture

Jesus alluded to a rapture. His disciples were looking for a conquering Messiah, so they didn’t understand when Jesus mentioned His death and resurrection. They certainly didn’t understand concerning any rapture. He mentions we will be with Him after He comes for us.
John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

It seems only Paul got the revelation about the rapture. He talks about getting revelations in 2nd Corinthians 12. He explained it to the Thessalonian church because they had questions. Those who had leaned about a rapture were expecting it at any time, because there were no signs (fulfillment of prophecies) needed for it to happen. However, before the tribulation can start there is a covenant possibly meaning a 7 year peace treaty between the Arabs and Jews (Daniel 9:27), and we disappear before the tribulation starts. One proof of this is the church is not mentioned between Revelation 4 – 19:11 when the 2nd coming takes place, and we are part of the armies which were in Heaven. In Thessalonica, they were asking about loved ones who had died, will they have to wait, or will they be raptured with them? He explains that the souls of them who died in Him (Jesus) will He bring back to be united with there bodies, which will be changed according to 1st Corinthians 15:52.
1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

This following passage in Matthew deals with the 2nd coming. He doesn’t make a reference to the rapture until verse 32. Verse 31 deals with the 2nd coming, possibly the Jews (the elect) because Romans 11:26 says “ And so all Israel shall be saved”. It could also refer to Revelation 20:4 & 5, or both.
Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

This next passage has to do with Christ’s 2nd coming, not the rapture. Verse 4 explains who is resurrected and when. We came back with Christ in chapter 19. Not everyone dies during the tribulation.
Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be *priests of God and of Christ, and shall *reign with him a thousand years. (*also see Revelation 1:6 & 5:10)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
ok.book.guy

Beloved, we're straying off topic. Why do you use a bible that has/doesn't have scripture references?