Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Steve Schwenke

Default To Gap or not to Gap...

some of the accusations here are extremely uncharitable and very condescending. It is unbecoming to those of us who really believe the KJB (I don't mean that condescendingly - I am NOT accusing anyone here!)

Someone who accepts a "Gap" to support evolution is in fact a Bible rejector, and should be soundly rebuked. These folks generally believe in the "Day-Age" theory, meaning that the six literal days were not literal 24 hour days, but instead ages.

Dr. Ruckman has never believed evolution (at least AFTER his conversion), has preached against it, debated against evolutionists, has a 5 video set against evolution, and recommends several books from ICR and the like. But he teaches the "GAP." Dake's reference Bible teaches a Gap, as does Larkin. Neither of them accepted evolution.

I do not make the GAP a point of fellowship, since I can see both sides. However, as a child, before I found out about the KJB, I often wondered when and how Satan fell. Once I learned about the Gap - as taught by Bible believers - all of the pieces to my little theological puzzle fell into place. I have never questioned it since. Again, I do not make it a test of fellowship.

There are many good men who believe the Gap, and I believe they are correct. I admit, the Scriptural evidence is scant, but I believe there is sufficient evidence. It is similar to finding scriptural support on the Trinity (Godhead in the AV). By putting several cross-references together, we can see the truth of it. Of course for us as KJV believers, we have the silver bullet in I John 5:7, but everything else has to be pieced together by careful comparison.
I believe this is also the case for the gap, except that there is no SEEMING silver bullet.

Now for all you Anti-gappers, my question is this:
What happened in v. 2, and WHEN did it happen? Before day 1? During day 1? How do we get from v. 1 (creation) to v. 3 (the first day?) From my view, the gap fits very nicely right there in v. 2, and explains a lot of things.
I am not an evolutionist - nor am I in any way seeking for ways to accomodate evolution. I preach against evolution. I have TV broadcasts to prove it.

If you do not want to accept a gap - fine. I have no quarrel with you (as long as you believe that ole' KJB at least!) All you "anti-gappers" should have enough charity and grace to extend the same courtesy to us "pro-gappers."

In Christ,
Steve Schwenke