Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM

Default Yap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
This forum is one of the nicest and most polite Christian forums I ever been in but many of us have deep differences and I notice we can strike a spark or two. We are a KJO group and being a veteran of several of those many times people merely strike sparks for the Sheol of it.

Fred, I think we need to welcome Mind & Body to eternal life in Christ Jesus and to the forum, and cut him(or her) a little break. I think MAB asks a valid question, and it's far from mere "bible study", I think MAB brings up a DOCTRINAL question, I think it should be answered. So pardon me for respectfully disagreeing with you. This deals with the doctrine of salvation by grace. I think we should help this person understand law versus grace, grace versus works, and how ALL of the books of the Bible, EVERY WORD harmonizes and does not contradict.

Anyone want to show MAB how to rightly divided the Scriptures, or shall I do it?

Grace and peace to all

Tony
Ok, noted
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-26-2009, 05:01 AM

Go ahead Tbones you can give him a dispensational teaching
Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

Brother, James is TRIBULATION doctrine when faith AND works will be required.
Agreed. As I stated in my first post that James was written to the twelve tribes scattered abroad, not the Church. But as it is not written TO us we can still profit from the scripture as we (Church) are saved by Grace through faith and works are fruit after salvation, whereas in Tribulation both are required. So the book shows the Church in this present dispensation that we need only faith for salvation. what happened/ (will happen) to Israel was written for our ENSAMPLE and ADMONITION.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Ok, noted
Brother Fred, understand I am not rebuking anyone. It's hard to convey tone of voice through a text message. I fought with beasts as Paul said, in the dispensational forums(Universalists, Original Manuscript Frauds) and yahoo version groups. This whole forum is a very widely diverse group of people. I'd like to think of it as a home where I can comment and teach and be taught. None of us are at the same level of learning and grounding. New people with questions, many who are not grounded in one degree or other, or question themselves, I for my part just believe in the spirit of Romans 12 we just talk to them. I was once an Inquisitioner. I was hard and harsh with Pentecostals particularly. I got compassion for them on the street ministry, compassion for everyone. I think we can war a good war by just educating our troops. Not everyone is an agent of BJU or the Vatican. In my brief and outer level work in intelligence and counter intelligence, once a conversation came up about terminating an "enemy" asset. I think you might know what I mean by the "t" word. Later I had a conversation with one of the other people and I was asked my opinion. My opinion was not to terminate the liability but recruit them.

I've written many messages to this forum that never got published. I asked myself, does this message edify anyone? If I felt they didn't edify anyone the message was terminated Every question we answer, every Christian edified, the devils scream.

Grace and peace to you. He is risen.

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 03-27-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Agreed. As I stated in my first post that James was written to the twelve tribes scattered abroad, not the Church. But as it is not written TO us we can still profit from the scripture as we (Church) are saved by Grace through faith and works are fruit after salvation, whereas in Tribulation both are required. So the book shows the Church in this present dispensation that we need only faith for salvation. what happened/ (will happen) to Israel was written for our ENSAMPLE and ADMONITION.
I can add nothing to this, I agree with you. Following Dr. Ruckman's method of staying within the Bible as much as I can though, my belief is that this is written to the "church" founded in Peter, James, and John that was scattered at the end of Acts 7. I believe the Scriptures teach we are grafted into this church now that the dividing wall of partition between Jew and Gentile has been removed with Israel's fall. Peter writes his first letter to the Body of believers who responded to his message in Acts 2. Both apostles stress works as a proof of living faith, something not within the administration of the Body today but time past and ages to come.

Grace and peace to you

Tony