Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2008, 09:21 PM

Default Take up and Read!

As our jewish cousins would say: "Oy Vey!"

Luke...I think that you are a Christian. That is good. What is not good is when on this website you assume that you know more than men who lived 400 years before you were born and then post things without reading the link(s) that was posted above. Take up and Read! (In this case-click on the link.)

Then you accuse me of agreeing with gophgetter... Wrongo! times 10! Try rereading my post Luke. If the word "Saints" is giving you the hebby-gebbies, it simply means "Godly persons" and is good KJ-AV language.

The words penned by those men in the 1600's with scripture proofs are rich and worth reading. Many of them had to meet "underground" and some even shed blood but they stuck with it and gave us a great document with Theological issues thought out and linked together, in a Chapter and paragraph form. You can learn much from gents like Benjamin Keach, John Bunyan, and John Gill. All Bible-Believing Baptists, who trusted that The Lord who saved them would keep them! BTW---They did NOT believe in "Greasy-Grace",,,we are called to "Live godly in Christ Jesus".

Salvation is from and Of The Lord.!.!. Man cannot save himself. The Thread Starter quoted/referred to the serpent's words in Genesis 3. I did NOT concur. Luke you are a young man, and you have much to learn still. We are very blessed to be able to "point and click" nowadays (instead of walking several miles to where the scrolls and parchments were kept) and all you need to do is point and click and read the links that I posted.

http://www.vor.org./truth/1689/1689bc17.html Perseverance of the saints.

http://www.monergism.com/ Great books/links/reviews/articles Enjoy!