Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Doxa

Default SWORD Wars

I have been here for a while now on this board, and with great sadness I don't know what to make of this forum at all.
I see a lot of Sword (meaning God's Precious Sacred Word of God) being used what I would deem sacrilege to make points and sling mud at people.
My husband calls this kind of thing, Sword Wars.
And does that not speak perfectly?
And then when Scripture is quoted, words are added to make sure that the person being addressed is cast down and made sure to know that they are not grounded in Scripture and having no idea that some people, like me, have even been involved in defending God's Word in disastrous translations that were being produced (such as defending Leviticus 6 or Matthew or John) (although rejected sometimes but still wrote in defense of God's Word)...let alone having a preaching and teaching anointed husband who is quite known for teaching in layman's terms the Old Testament and how it relates to the New Testament.
Now I know just saying this, I know that a lot of people here will jump in and make wide excuses and say things like, they are defending the Word, and well, I can think of many ways people will jump on my case for merely saying what I said here.
I certainly can get out my software and get to quoting Scriptures and wow, do I have a few I can use, but it does not seem right to do so, for I don't think that the Lord Jesus called me to do that. As most people see, I am speaking from my heart and what God put in there is coming out. For what God has given me, that is what I am sharing. I am not trying to tear people down by quoting Scriptures and then get a real mud slinging Scripture war going as I see here--often...for the purpose of tearing not building. Then in complete loveless triumph some are acting like it is time for coffee and a job well done.
(In a sense Scripture Quoting can be very dangerous ground because one must savor the entire BIBLE and not cut and paste. I embrace EVERY WORD of the Bible and adore it and even as Jay P. Green, Sr., told me once personally in a letter...that we must believe every Scripture even if we do not understand it. And I took it to heart when he said that to me years ago, for it is true.)
When I came to this board, I was awed by some people who were loving God's Word and too considered it SACRED and I too was awed after coming to where God had brought me--in The King James Bible.
But I just see now, that some people here are using the Bible in an all together different way, in a hate way.
I find that very sacrilege.
I really have pondered so often with a broken heart, that so many forums are just like this, but to see God's Word used in this way, it troubles me so very greatly.
Tears upon tears.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Hi Doxa

Get your feelings on the subject out in the open, give examples of who you feel may be using the Word in a loveless careless triumphant manner, you must bring to light "who" you think is doing this so that it may be rectified or considered. There are times when the word of God is profitable for Doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

there is a time and a season for everything

Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Doxa

Default My reply

Those who are doing it, know who they are.
As I said before, all can see what has been written in these various topics.
Nothing can be done in secret here--it is all there for everyone to see.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
Those who are doing it, know who they are.
As I said before, all can see what has been written in these various topics.
Nothing can be done in secret here--it is all there for everyone to see.
I am not sure about that, I know I have been coming up against a lot of people of recent weeks and I have been praying that I answer in the right way, I would hate to think you class me as the type of person you portray. This is why you need to Speak on WHO you are referring to so no one is in no wise "in the dark" about who you mean.
Am I one? Do I come across that way to you ?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Doxa

Default Furthermore

Furthermore, if I wanted to expose some one (which I do not), Jesus gave us a protocol on how to handle conflict with individuals. Did HE not say to go to that person one on one first, then so forth???? If that was my intent, I would have followed that procedure. BUT my intent is not that at all!!!
For actually, while I am so sad about all of this, I love each person here and have forgiven them already. It is just that my heart is so broken about all of this.

If one wanted to expose someone, I am afraid, your Scripture selection is not what Jesus said to do as far as protocol.

My intention is that I have hope for this forum, and it took a lot of courage for me to write what I did above.
I wanted to instill a sacredness back into all of this. A wake up call to those who would listen about how we are handling the Word of God.
Can you not see that?
I fear my efforts were a waste of time.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Doxa

Default Oh dear

I had to leave for a while and had my Furthermore reply in progress, so I did not reply to your reply. That was a Furthermore from my own statement.
But I see that my message does respond to your Scripture selection.
But I hope that you see, I am speaking in love.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 AM

Doxa,

This is a very mild forum. One of the mildest I have ever seen. If you want to see what to see a tough forum go and check out FFF. You'll see how it can tough it can get.

http://www.fundamentalforums.com

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 10-07-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Doxa

Default People of the Way

Okay, I hurried to reply to that message, so now I will say this.
No, I am not referring to you, and actually, I appreciate everyone here for everyone is offering good things to the board.
I just don't know why the elitist attitude prevails so much here, when the Word of God says to esteem others higher than ourselves. These Scripture Wars as I said are dangerous because in a way one can slant THE WORD OF GOD to skew it anyway to serve their purpose...if one is selectively selecting verses.
This is what saddens me so much, for people feel empowered by it, but in reality they are using God's Word to make their points, whether good or bad.
But Jesus said we can spot His Disciples if we have love for one another.
When I see people mean to one another or unrighteous judgmental ism, and people clamming along with the "empowered" one, it saddens me when no love is demonstrated, instead there is talk of removing the inferior one that does not see exactly the way they see it. Sometimes the inferior one has absolutely no idea what he/she said wrong.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM

There are posters on this site that have an agenda from the word go, those who serve to bring heresies and contradictions to the Word of God, many learned brothers simply admonish or stop this in its tracks for the greater good.
If it appears that there are those puffing themselves up triumphantly I beg to differ a heritic who is given the truth but proceeds to pursue with his or her heresy needs to be stopped

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Forgive me for one if I, myself have acted the way that hurts you.
But I will not ask forgiveness for casting down imaginations with the Word of God.
It is my Duty as a Bible Believing Christian
Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Doxa

Default I too

Dear People of the Way and all here,
I too ask your forgiveness if I have hurt you or anyone here.
And People of the Way, again, you did nothing wrong to me.
Thank you for your kind words.

Also, People of the Way,
Is there a place on this forum that has a statement of faith laid out?
If not, I was wondering, if in a kindly way you could create a topic that would list general beliefs of this forum?
I think a lot of people might wonder where they stand in light of what is being said...and mainly what this forum in general believes.
Perhaps that is where we are shipwrecked, in a way, not knowing when we are stepping on toes or hurting people's beliefs on any given statement of faith.
I think red flags go up for a lot of us, when heretic is mentioned at times on this board, for I do not know when I have overstepped, either. I say that in a most loving way as I do not want to hurt anyone either.