General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Default Things are getting worse and worse

Just as Jesus said they would. The closer it gets to the return of Jesus, the worse, and more frequent, things like this, and WORSE, will happen:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...07/man-who-str...

Things are crazier now, than they EVER have been!

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/2.../01/news-pytho...

These stories are beyond my comprehension… WHY did they happen?!

http://www.canadiancrc.com/Newspaper...es/AAP_Husband...

Granted, this last one was a while ago, but, this is the first I’ve heard of it.
First, Dahmer, now, her.

1: This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3: Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4: Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5: Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

12: Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

All these links are broken, now. Oh well....

Last edited by biblereader; 07-01-2009 at 08:54 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 AM

Remember the context of 2Tim 3:1-5 began in chapter two. it is about Christian leaders, it is these men more than regular worldly men that shall exhibit the traits of 2Tim 3:1-5.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 AM

It's OK, biblereader. There will be new stories that will outdo those stories tomorrow or the next day, I'm sure.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Remember the context of 2Tim 3:1-5 began in chapter two. it is about Christian leaders, it is these men more than regular worldly men that shall exhibit the traits of 2Tim 3:1-5.

Christian leaders? I see that in the Episcopal and Cath churches, and
in the purpose driven churches...the Rick Warren bunch.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
It's OK, biblereader. There will be new stories that will outdo those stories tomorrow or the next day, I'm sure.
Doesn't it make you angry that the devil is being so successful in blinding people? It makes me sad, and bothers me, to see so many being mis-led, out of, and IN the churches.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:19 AM

It is not just the leaders but the context is leaders and leaders have men for flocks. these would be Christians for sure. you see the run of the mill man has been all that is listed in 2Tim3:1-5 since man came out of the garden.

Run the list of who we are to turn from.

1Cor 5:9-13 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Romans 16:17, 18 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2Thess 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

So why would Paul change it to unbelievers in 2Tim3:5 "from such turn away." even the next verse tells us they were claiming to be men going into the houses of silly women, ever learning but never knowing. these are supposedly Christian men considering themselves to be members of the sons of God.