Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
wwjd.usa

Default Possible contradiction in the Bible.

Acts 9:7: „And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.“
Acts 22:9: „And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.“
So did they hear a voice or not?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Did they hear a voice or not?
Yes. Acts 9:7 says that they heard "a voice"
And No. Acts 22:9 says that they heard not "the voice of him"
They heard a sound of a voice, but it could not be understood by them as the voice of God.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 PM

Joh 12:29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

Everyone heard the voice, not everyone understood it, and no one recognised it was God (they all thought it was an angel).
Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 PM

WWJD,

Are you just a new troll just like Eric? The only post you have made are trying to prove the KJV wrong. If you are anti KJV why are you here? Look at the name of the forum, it may be good hint for you.

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM

Read the eternal security thread Atlas..

He seems to believe you can lose your salvation, but you can only get it back if you were never saved in the first place.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 PM

Luke,

I know sadly I have read the post. We are getting some real winners on this forum as of late, that's for sure. You can only get it back if you never had it to start with. This is a new one that's for sure. Most of the folks that think you can lose it, do think you can at least get it back. He seems to put a real twist on the getting it back issue.

Maybe it's like an old 7up ( a soft drink in the USA) commercial saying, " never had it never will. "

Atlas
Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 PM

I quite like my car illustration

I own a car, I drive the car, I crash the car, but my insurance company won't pay for it unless I never owned the car in the first place.

It makes no sense, but that's what he is saying...
Old 09-24-2008, 07:39 AM

wwwjd

1 Corinthians 14:26
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Do you presume that your anti-KJB posts on a KJB board are edifying?

To come onto a KJB only Board and refute contradiction claims of those opposed to the KJB would have been commendable, but to join and propagate the same old tired "so called contradictions" is simply stirring up strife. So with all this in mind your agenda has caused you to sin, and by your own reasoning you have lost your salvation or attributed to it and made yourself a liar. However God is merciful and he would never be that cruel, Eternal Life means just that......ETERNAL.

Romans 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:27 PM

Luke,

Quote:
I quite like my car illustration

I own a car, I drive the car, I crash the car, but my insurance company won't pay for it unless I never owned the car in the first place.

It makes no sense, but that's what he is saying...
Yep that is it in a nut shell. It is a very crazy idea! You summed with a good illustration.

Atlas

Last edited by atlas; 09-24-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:33 PM

People,

Quote:
So with all this in mind your agenda has caused you to sin, and by your own reasoning you have lost your salvation or attributed to it and made yourself a liar.

You are 100% correct my friend. He had better hope his ideas about " how to lose it " and " getting it back " are incorrect, if not " he is in a real bad way, " as they say down south. Good thing for him he is 100% wrong on both of these issues.

Atlas